Keefer 250 Shootout day 1

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
I personally really dig Keefers Podcast
So good job Kris.
After listening i feel like i would buy the Honda 250F
First , just because im 40+ C class 5'9 180
But everyone raves about the handling and just after listening that is what i felt like i would pick.
Take a listen and lets hear what yall would pic
Show #99 - 2019 250 MX Shootout Day 1 Results Show by Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Keefer Tested
https://player.fm/1uTKKx #nowplaying
|
yz133rider
1/11/2019 7:57pm
For you i think the rmz is better. Better low to mid than crf and nobody gets off a rmz and says it cant turn.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/11/2019 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2019 7:14am
yz133rider wrote:
For you i think the rmz is better. Better low to mid than crf and nobody gets off a rmz and says it cant turn.
RM-Z can turn in but myself and basically everyone on my Shootout stated the Honda handled better overall.
yz133rider
1/11/2019 8:06pm
yz133rider wrote:
ML512 wrote:
RM-Z can turn in but myself and basically everyone on my Shootout stated the Honda handled better overall.
For a 40+c like he said he was i was placing some value on the stronger low end of the rmz. If there's a class of rider the crf doesn't suit 40+c might be it.
Jrewing
1/11/2019 8:20pm
The track looked smoother than a tar road

The Shop

Kris Keefer
1/12/2019 7:00am
Thanks Tarz483. It’s a lot of work to get these done, but I think it’s important to still do these for the consumer. Yes, the track was smoother than a baby’s ass in the morning, but shaped up with some good sized bumps for test. However, we will be riding a square edge/rough/deep track for day 2 to get more chassis feeling/feedback for you guys.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/12/2019 8:14am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2019 8:23am
yz133rider wrote:
ML512 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
For a 40+c like he said he was i was placing some value on the stronger low end of the rmz. If there's a class of...
For a 40+c like he said he was i was placing some value on the stronger low end of the rmz. If there's a class of rider the crf doesn't suit 40+c might be it.
40+C and currently ride a 2003 CR125
So im thinking it has more bottom end then im used to
Ive never had a 250f and i would choose the best handling over the most powerful.
Which is how i arrived at that decision.
Solidkm
1/12/2019 8:20am
ML512 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
For a 40+c like he said he was i was placing some value on the stronger low end of the rmz. If there's a class of...
Tarz483 wrote:
40+C and currently ride a 2003 CR125 So im thinking it has more bottom end then im used to Ive never had a 250f and i...
40+C and currently ride a 2003 CR125
So im thinking it has more bottom end then im used to
Ive never had a 250f and i would choose the best handling over the most powerful.
Which is how i arrived at that decision.
I’m 180 B class. Everyone always criticizes the ktm 250 For not having any low end. I don’t notice it. I think it just fine. I think ahh 250f these Days is going to impress you power wise coming of a cr125. I haven’t ridding the honda, but the Yamaha is an awesome Choice too
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/12/2019 9:05am
Most of my life ive ridden bikes with no bottom and fanned the clutch to keep RPM's up out of almost every corner.
Surprisingly i have never had a clutch go out.
1/12/2019 9:11am
I love all the tests, but if I can give some constructive criticizm, the blu cru love is overboard. Every time someone is talking about a bike, Chris can't wait to bring up the Yamaha or try to sway the testers opinion with his own, IMO. Not a Yamaha hater either. We get that they are both great bikes. Sorry Chris!
Solidkm
1/12/2019 9:23am
Tarz483 wrote:
Most of my life ive ridden bikes with no bottom and fanned the clutch to keep RPM's up out of almost every corner. Surprisingly i have...
Most of my life ive ridden bikes with no bottom and fanned the clutch to keep RPM's up out of almost every corner.
agree
Kris Keefer
1/12/2019 9:26am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2019 9:27am
I love all the tests, but if I can give some constructive criticizm, the blu cru love is overboard. Every time someone is talking about a...
I love all the tests, but if I can give some constructive criticizm, the blu cru love is overboard. Every time someone is talking about a bike, Chris can't wait to bring up the Yamaha or try to sway the testers opinion with his own, IMO. Not a Yamaha hater either. We get that they are both great bikes. Sorry Chris!
No problem everyone is entitled to their opinion. I understand... Just food for thought though...All testers have their results already marked before we speak. So no swaying by me. I’ll talk up ANY color bike if I think it’s really good. However that being said I will keep my excitement to a minimum about the Yamaha for the rest of the Shootout. ??
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
1/12/2019 10:18am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2019 11:19am
I love all the tests, but if I can give some constructive criticizm, the blu cru love is overboard. Every time someone is talking about a...
More than he raves about how good the Honda chassis is? I don't know about that. He had me second guessing my choice for the Yamaha for a bit.

I actually like the enthusiasm that he shows when something is really good and also it just seems like he is helping the testers express their opinions in a way that is understandable to us and relateable to the other testers.

I say don't change anything.

1/12/2019 10:26am
Myke wrote:
More than he raves about how good the Honda chassis is? I don't know about that. He had me second guessing my choice for the Yamaha...
More than he raves about how good the Honda chassis is? I don't know about that. He had me second guessing my choice for the Yamaha for a bit.

I actually like the enthusiasm that he shows when something is really good and also it just seems like he is helping the testers express their opinions in a way that is understandable to us and relateable to the other testers.

I say don't change anything.

I’m not complaining. I love the podcasts.
1/12/2019 10:53am
I think the new honda chassis is excellent too.

It will be interesting to see how the rmz is after some tests/feedback with suspension.

That said - in our testing - vet C/B riders 180-200 generally LOVE suspension settings similar to pros at 140-150. The added stiffness helps when coming up short and when hitting G outs low in the bump rather than on top of it...
So the RMZ may feel quite good for the vet segment who aren't 140-160 lbs
steed 2.0
1/12/2019 12:30pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Most of my life ive ridden bikes with no bottom and fanned the clutch to keep RPM's up out of almost every corner. Surprisingly i have...
Just a little reminder… When you jump from 2t to a 4t… Stay off the dam clutch haha ; )

I hate to be that guy… “told you so” ( Hondas are boring good )
Don't know if RedMoto ( Italy ) sells their 300cc cylinder to third parties?!

“RedMoto works on the engine, in collaboration with one of the most famous manufacturers of cylinders in Italy, Vertex. The original cylinder jumps from 79mm to 86mm keeping the stroke unchanged at 50.9mm for a displacement of 295.50cc”

Big bore ( poor’s man tuning ) this could be the solution for vet / heavy hobby riders…

Post a reply to: Keefer 250 Shootout day 1

The Latest