Kayo 250 2 stroke

ATKpilot99
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 8:04pm

5299 msrp . E start . This Kayo brand is making a push . They have a 4 valve 250 4 stroke that puts out upper 30s in hp which is news because most of the China offerings have had about 10hp less to this point. They're getting better.
|
ZOBITO
6/12/2021 1:41pm
Another Yam 230 Lanza engine...
mwssquad827
6/12/2021 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 4:35pm
I know this has been hashed out already But the Japanese manufactures don’t see a market for cheap 2stroke bikes?????
Cough, cough Suzuki, Honda, kawi!?!? Just bust out the old tools and release at a cheaper price point… and for those of you that say it won’t sell, Yamaha has 2006 technology bikes (2021), that are selling at $8000 … I feel like the other 3 companies could sell the shit out of bikes at $5300 dealers couldn’t keep them on the floor….

Sorry rant over 😂😂
nytsmaC
6/12/2021 5:49pm
The biggest things holding bikes like these back is the unknown parts availability and future support. Yeah if Kawasaki/Suzuki offered them they would sell a ton of them. KTM, Honda, Kawasaki, BMW etc already sell a lot of bikes manufactured in India, China, Thailand. People buy them because they know they will be supported on the same level the Austria/Japan made machines are.
ATKpilot99
6/12/2021 6:08pm
GPX , SSR , and now Kayo have dealers here in the states and parts shouldn't be a problem. Actually parts may cross over for these brands .

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
6/12/2021 6:20pm
Kayo has a hell of a dealer network. Parts are no issue at all according to several area dealers. I've looked into one of their models, going as far as talking to their National parts rep. He says ALL parts are ready to ship, ready to go. These folks have found a market for all of us who need a solid ride, and could care less about the latest, greatest. Solid, affordable bikes, built for good times. China, yep....They sure are. So is my iphone, laptop, TV, microwave, fridge, electronics in my truck, electronics in my Mustang, treadmill, toaster, bathroom scale, blender, etc......
yota
6/12/2021 6:23pm
I wonder if they could do any more of a KTM knock off. esp the frame.
nytsmaC
6/12/2021 6:53pm
dadofagun wrote:
Kayo has a hell of a dealer network. Parts are no issue at all according to several area dealers. I've looked into one of their models...
Kayo has a hell of a dealer network. Parts are no issue at all according to several area dealers. I've looked into one of their models, going as far as talking to their National parts rep. He says ALL parts are ready to ship, ready to go. These folks have found a market for all of us who need a solid ride, and could care less about the latest, greatest. Solid, affordable bikes, built for good times. China, yep....They sure are. So is my iphone, laptop, TV, microwave, fridge, electronics in my truck, electronics in my Mustang, treadmill, toaster, bathroom scale, blender, etc......
I’d just want to give it more time until the dealers are here too stay. They could drop the line or close up shop any time. If a Kawi dealer goes out of business you know either a new one will pop up or another dealer will pick up the brand. It’s a tough racket out there and dealers come and go with the smaller brands more than the big ones. You know with certainty you can get parts for a current Yamaha 7 years from now.

How long has Kayo been in business on this level?

Not trying to bash them, but consumer confidence is big when it comes to stuff like this. That’s why the boutique brands like TM, Beta, Sherco will always be at a disadvantage.
Racerx930
6/12/2021 6:53pm
dadofagun wrote:
Kayo has a hell of a dealer network. Parts are no issue at all according to several area dealers. I've looked into one of their models...
I know of the 3 large multi line Oklahoma dealers about to add Kayo. They can't get enough inventory of what they currently offer, dealers that would have never even considered a chinese brand 5 years ago.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
6/12/2021 8:04pm
dadofagun wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I’d just want to give it more time until the dealers are here too stay. They could drop the line or close up shop any time...
I’d just want to give it more time until the dealers are here too stay. They could drop the line or close up shop any time. If a Kawi dealer goes out of business you know either a new one will pop up or another dealer will pick up the brand. It’s a tough racket out there and dealers come and go with the smaller brands more than the big ones. You know with certainty you can get parts for a current Yamaha 7 years from now.

Not trying to bash them, but consumer confidence is big when it comes to stuff like this. That’s why the boutique brands like TM, Beta, Sherco will always be at a disadvantage.
I agree with you totally. But, I gotta say they sure have balls for stepping into the ring with the big boys as far as networking, parts, etc.... That's a hell of a leap. Plus, their stuff sure looks good for the working class man just wanting a rig to play on that won't require a lengthy note at the bank. I was impressed on the one I rode for a spell..... It really looked good. Felt solid, good looking welds, casting looked uniform. If I had to rate it on a scale, it was a damn solid 8, maybe more or less if I had it in my shop for 24 hours. I was really caught off guard honestly.....
nytsmaC
6/12/2021 8:41pm
dadofagun wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I’d just want to give it more time until the dealers are here too stay. They could drop the line or close up shop any time...

dadofagun wrote:
I agree with you totally. But, I gotta say they sure have balls for stepping into the ring with the big boys as far as networking...
I agree with you totally. But, I gotta say they sure have balls for stepping into the ring with the big boys as far as networking, parts, etc.... That's a hell of a leap. Plus, their stuff sure looks good for the working class man just wanting a rig to play on that won't require a lengthy note at the bank. I was impressed on the one I rode for a spell..... It really looked good. Felt solid, good looking welds, casting looked uniform. If I had to rate it on a scale, it was a damn solid 8, maybe more or less if I had it in my shop for 24 hours. I was really caught off guard honestly.....
I’ll tell you, I was a serious moto guy, now and in the near future my riding entails plonking around in the woods with my wife on her KLX230R. One of these bikes would be fine for my purposes. I’ve got a new RMZ in the garage which has way more capability than I’ll be using it for any time soon. If Suzuki offered something like this I would have had a hard look at it but as a startup Chinese brand I’m not considering one. It’ll obviously have weak points that need addressing just like the KLX does but that’s fine.

Post a reply to: Kayo 250 2 stroke

The Latest