Kawi the last few years

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2019 7:02 AM

Just a thought catching up on the races... lotta people quick to point out Eli’s odditities but it seems sometimes forgotten that Kawi have had a few issues in there also - especially since they had basically none during RV’s run?

What’s the count? A couple motors, front brakes, a crew chief... fuck even his pants did him in!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/7/2019 7:05 AM

Pieces of junk. 5+ mechanicals over the last 3 years

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/7/2019 7:13 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Dunno if I’d go that far, they’ve won a lot too but given Eli can be a bit mental that shit isn’t gonna help.

Kinda like Williamson saying the “bike is amazing” well of course he’ll say that, it’s his prerogative too, wtf is he gonna say? Meanwhile Eli has won like 2/3 the races the last two years on the old bike. Maybe it’s not great, maybe shit isn’t that straight there.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/7/2019 7:19 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Crush wrote:

Dunno if I’d go that far, they’ve won a lot too but given Eli can be a bit mental that shit isn’t gonna help.

Kinda like ...more

How are you supposed to have confidence to go huck a quad if your bike repeatedly smokes and locks up in corners

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/7/2019 7:24 AM

Why was Eli's bike smoking? It didn't look engine related. Anyone know what it was? Coolant leak??

|

2017 CRF450r

4/7/2019 7:37 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

Why was Eli's bike smoking? It didn't look engine related. Anyone know what it was? Coolant leak??

The real question is- why can't kawi keep Eli's bike from smoking every single race?

Not a good look for kawi at all...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/7/2019 7:44 AM

When Someone is Riding as Hard as Eli is Riding its Hard on a bike, and Gear.

|

4/7/2019 7:47 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

How are you supposed to have confidence to go huck a quad if your bike repeatedly smokes and locks up in corners

Don’t disagree with that either, just think there is some grey between piece of junk and they need to pull their socks up

|

Cheers, Crush

4/7/2019 7:54 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

I could see wear items giving up for those reasons (mid race) but the mechanicals he has had (3 motors that I remember) seem to be straight up failures/lock ups.

I would exect that from a 250F given how hard they are pushed but not a factory 450.

|

4/7/2019 7:56 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

It was his shock...... :/

|

4/7/2019 7:57 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

Rushton597 wrote:

Yeah.. Ricky said all the hoses looked tight

|

4/7/2019 8:03 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

Rushton597 wrote:

Where was it leaking? Blown seals??? I thought that might be the issue but...it began leaking in the lcq. Why was it doing it also in the main? Surely they can swap a shock while they exchange the engine. Just seemed sketchy.

|

2017 CRF450r

4/7/2019 8:05 AM

Engine locks up in heat, engine change and then smokes heavily in Last Chance, "only the breather" excuse, smokes again with at least 10 laps to go in the main. Thing speaks for itself, doesn't it?

|

4/7/2019 8:12 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

RV wasn’t exactly KW

|

Cheers, Crush

4/7/2019 8:13 AM

So it was the engine? For a second there I was hoping Eli wasn't buying his suspension from vital members...lol.

|

2017 CRF450r

4/7/2019 8:17 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

So it was the engine? For a second there I was hoping Eli wasn't buying his suspension from vital members...lol.

Spark plug.

|

4/7/2019 8:23 AM

I don’t blame Eli when he feels a bit hesitant. His bike has had its fair share of mechanicals over the years, and it smokes like a two stroke even in the races he wins. I’d be nervous hucking quads if that was the case.

|

4/7/2019 8:31 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Spark plug.

Really? I also heard it was his seat foam. I've got a cousin whose best friends with a monster energy girls mothers brother so it's a real good scoop.

|

4/7/2019 8:33 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Spark plug.

Rushton597 wrote:

Really? I also heard it was his seat foam. I've got a cousin whose best friends with a monster energy girls mothers brother so ...more

They must have had really good cell phone reception.

|

4/7/2019 8:51 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Crush wrote:

Kinda like ...more

Hard to be confident on a SX track when your bike smokes every other race, and seizes occasionally. Lucky the bike quite in a turn, he could have ended up in the hospital.
Of course, he does have his “Eli” moments, but the lack of reliability can’t help....

|

4/7/2019 9:34 AM

To have Eli go through what he's going through with that unreliable rig last night, and ask of the kid to race the main-confidence in your eqipment is in the negative, risking your life on this machine and the fact he won-tells you Eli is the greatest of all time.

|

4/7/2019 9:41 AM

Engine should not be that different from old model but many people seems to have problems now and Factory bike smoking like 2-stroke after they put second motor in for couple laps racing in slick Sx track. Seems odd.

|

4/7/2019 9:47 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

Funny stuff right there
laughing

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/7/2019 10:04 AM

Typical Kawasaki 450, they are junk just like back in the early to mid 80's. I went through more trannies then a Saturday night on the strip.

|

4/7/2019 10:05 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

Yup, it was a bad fetzer valve.

|

4/7/2019 10:05 AM

Kawasaki has had a few bike problems, it’s odd to see engines blow up these days etc. But they still have won more races than any other brand, last few years. Tomac had like 8 or 9 SX wins in 2017 & 2018 & 4 this year. I think he will win at least 1 more this year, probably Denver. He has back to back MX titles & I don’t see him getting beat this year either.

|

4/7/2019 10:08 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

I don’t blame Eli when he feels a bit hesitant. His bike has had its fair share of mechanicals over the years, and it smokes ...more

I think that’s probably, a lot of his problems. Damn would love to see him back on a Honda. Kenny looks great on it.

|

4/7/2019 10:09 AM

stiksandstones wrote:

To have Eli go through what he's going through with that unreliable rig last night, and ask of the kid to race the ...more

Geeze man I'd say he showed great poise and coolness despite all his setbacks. But the GOAT? Christ its not like he was hand shifting that green bastard in midair or anything.

|

4/7/2019 10:52 AM

So odd that they have all these problems. I may be wrong but I don't think this is the first time this year that he had to ride the LCQ due to a mechanical. I remember thinking during RV's run that they must've had something figured out over there as I don't think he ever had a mechanical failure.

|

4/7/2019 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2019 11:17 AM

Ralph “The green Kawasaki with smoke.”
Ricky “yeah buddy, uhh that guy, uhhh that number 3, his shock is smoking.”

|