Kawi 2019 all new, cant wait for the resale on 18s!

4/25/2018 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2018 9:04pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I know the setting are different between the kawi and Suzuki, but my dad loved his 15 rmz forks and loves his 17 forks as well...
I know the setting are different between the kawi and Suzuki, but my dad loved his 15 rmz forks and loves his 17 forks as well. Enzo set them up and he wouldn’t change them one bit. 53 year old 50+ expert
Loved the PSF1 fork on my last KXF also. I did my homework when I bought the bike and have not had a hard time at all with these forks. $100 for a shock spring and an hour of labor, both the front and back were sprung for me. Fork seals are a breeze and I save $10 on a liter of oil every time I pull my forks apart.
Markus422
4/25/2018 9:40pm
Here in WA there's a couple built up '14 KX450Fs for 4k, been there for a while. Just saw a beautiful '16 KX450F with all the right mods and 10 hours go for 6k. I'm in the market for a nice used 450SXF but all these great deals on the KX450Fs are super tempting.... the RMZ450s are even lower too
4/25/2018 10:51pm
To those who have a current gen KX, are the air forks as bad as they say? I'm turned off by the idea of checking three different pressures every time I ride the bike, seems like a huge pain in the ass on top of all the other basic maintenance. Ideally I'd be on a new CRF but the prices on the KX are hard to pass up.
mmcmx
4/26/2018 12:58am
999 wrote:
To those who have a current gen KX, are the air forks as bad as they say? I'm turned off by the idea of checking three...
To those who have a current gen KX, are the air forks as bad as they say? I'm turned off by the idea of checking three different pressures every time I ride the bike, seems like a huge pain in the ass on top of all the other basic maintenance. Ideally I'd be on a new CRF but the prices on the KX are hard to pass up.
I have 2 friends that are happy with them I can tell you that.

After a 14 KX and a 16 KTM FE can't wait to be in spring forks again though, I'ts not that they dont perform...it's just a hassle and a headache I prefer to avoid.

The Shop

JBecker 72
4/26/2018 4:22am
999 wrote:
To those who have a current gen KX, are the air forks as bad as they say? I'm turned off by the idea of checking three...
I put 31 hours on my 16 before swapping to a KYB AOSS spring fork. In my opinion the TAC SFF isn’t a bad fork. It just has a tendency to be harsh and kind of give vague feedback in corners. But to be fair I only ever rode them stock. I bet a SKF glide kit and some different valving would make a world of difference.

But I lucked into a nice set of forks off a 2011 with Factory Connection valving and .5 springs.

dmm698
4/26/2018 8:16am
I didn’t gel well with the air fork and frankly I work with tedious stuff all day, I don’t want to be checking multiple pressures at the track. Less than 7k for a brand new kx450 in the spring, 2500$ for a used A kit shock and fork/clamps, and you have a much better bike in my opinion than an 11k Ktm. Every spring Kawi discounts heavily, not sure why anybody pays retail in the fall when 4 months later they’re 2000$ less.
yz133rider
4/26/2018 8:21am
dmm698 wrote:
I didn’t gel well with the air fork and frankly I work with tedious stuff all day, I don’t want to be checking multiple pressures at...
I didn’t gel well with the air fork and frankly I work with tedious stuff all day, I don’t want to be checking multiple pressures at the track. Less than 7k for a brand new kx450 in the spring, 2500$ for a used A kit shock and fork/clamps, and you have a much better bike in my opinion than an 11k Ktm. Every spring Kawi discounts heavily, not sure why anybody pays retail in the fall when 4 months later they’re 2000$ less.
Same thing happens with ktm and a new one is under 8k sorta tired of reading these 11k ktms when your comparing to a left over or discounted price on the kawis etc.

You did good to set up your bike at a good price though!

Post a reply to: Kawi 2019 all new, cant wait for the resale on 18s!

The Latest