Kawasaki's new title sponsor?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2019 9:26 AM

Id read here more than once that the Kawasaki/Monster relationship is finished after 2019. I noticed only with last night's races that PPG appear to be taking up a bigger section of Eli's jersey. Maybe it has been like that a while? I dunno, but last night was the first time I noticed it. Eli also thanked them by name on the podium and I hadn't noticed that before.

Is PPG Kawasaki the future?

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

2/24/2019 9:29 AM

PPG are a personal sponsor of Eli.

|

2/24/2019 9:33 AM

Adam43 wrote:

PPG are a personal sponsor of Eli.

I get that, I just wonder if they will be stepping up?

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

2/24/2019 9:33 AM

PPG has been a long time sponsor of eli.

I highly doubt monster pulls out of kawi. Right now kawi is giving them more advertisement than anyone else.

|

2/24/2019 12:34 PM

A manufacturer like Kawasaki can do just fine if he loses the support of Monster Energy.

I am more afraid for the JGR team that is dying to have a major sponsor ... and who can not find one.

|

2/24/2019 3:25 PM

TheVetGuy wrote:

A manufacturer like Kawasaki can do just fine if he loses the support of Monster Energy.

I am more afraid for the JGR team that is dying to have a major sponsor ... and who can not find one.

I’d bet no manufacturer could afford to lose Monster, Rockstar, Red Bull, Etc.

|

2/24/2019 3:39 PM

TheVetGuy wrote:

Paul333 wrote:

I agree with this. Case in point, Suzuki

|

2/24/2019 3:41 PM

TheVetGuy wrote:

Paul333 wrote:

Honda has no title sponsor

|

2/24/2019 4:25 PM

Honda yamaha and kawi don't need a title sponsor. They could flip the bill easily. The mx,mxgp and sx budget is nothing to them especially compared to their motogp,WSBK budgets. Really suzuki says they're broke but then they have a huge motogp budget. So I think everyone will be fine.

|

2/24/2019 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 4:30 PM

Roczen and redbull jump ship

|

2/24/2019 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 4:45 PM

Maybe the teams with problems can ask Oxycontin, Vicodin, Tramadol, ... or maybe xxx-companies to sponsor. Feld (read NBC) will love it because those products are legal in all American states. w00t

I understand by the way that they don't want CBD products on the bikes and helmets, but that the sport boycotted Dodge Ram at RCH because Toyota was the official Supercross partner is ludicrous. Same with sport cams.

PS: Most teams can't really miss the Energy drank money.

|

2/24/2019 4:42 PM

Kenny and Redbull go to Kawi and Eli heads back to Honda. Actually the more I think about that it would make sense because then Kawasaki would get to keep AC and Honda keeps J-MART.

|

2/24/2019 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 4:46 PM

While I appreciate Monster's support of our sport and the amount of $$$ they are dropping, I would love to see Kawi move away simply to get rid of the mandatory green and black color scheme.

I do find it interesting that we've never really seen the soft drink companies step up. Mountain Dew Kawasaki's, Coca Cola Honda's and Pepsi themed Yamaha's sure seem like a perfect fit.

|

2/24/2019 4:52 PM

TheVetGuy wrote:

Paul333 wrote:

250premixer wrote:

You can bet they want one and are actively looking.

|

2/24/2019 5:07 PM

ga_pike wrote:

While I appreciate Monster's support of our sport and the amount of $$$ they are dropping, I would love to see Kawi move away simply to get rid of the mandatory green and black color scheme.

I do find it interesting that we've never really seen the soft drink companies step up. Mountain Dew Kawasaki's, Coca Cola Honda's and Pepsi themed Yamaha's sure seem like a perfect fit.

Kids guzzle energy drinks like crazy. I have a teen, I see it. Nobody buys a coke, it’s kids walking out of 711 with whatever energy drink is on sale.

|

2/24/2019 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 5:49 PM

(read in ralph sheeheen voice) here eli passes webb on the green weedmaps kawasaki.... And have a censor beep where he says weedmaps.

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

2/24/2019 5:53 PM

Paul333 wrote:

250premixer wrote:

Paul333 wrote:

You can bet they want one and are actively looking.

“Want” and “Need” are two way different things!

|

2/24/2019 5:57 PM

rob162 wrote:

Honda yamaha and kawi don't need a title sponsor. They could flip the bill easily. The mx,mxgp and sx budget is nothing to them especially compared to their motogp,WSBK budgets. Really suzuki says they're broke but then they have a huge motogp budget. So I think everyone will be fine.

Their MotoGp budget is the smallest in the GP paddock besides Aprilia. They have two bikes and two riders. There are privateer teams that have bigger budgets than Suzuki.

|

2/24/2019 6:48 PM

rob162 wrote:

Yamaha could not flip the bill, they needed Monster to step in and help them fund the racing efforts. That's why all of the factory Yamaha teams across the world have the same look. Monster paid Yamaha good money to make those bikes black instead of blue.

|

The D is silent.