Kawasaki adjustability and bar position. death to air forks

user760a
So I bought another 14 KX450F the other day, still on original tires, etc maybe a few tanks of gas through it. Set it up the way I like it, bars in position 3 of four. Next was an air pressure check in the gay air forks.

Imagine my delight to find that I now have to take the handlebars off before I can screw the adapters into my forks before I can connect the pump to check my air pressure each time before I ride. FUCK these air forks. If I were not so heavily invested in kawasaki stuff I would say fuck Kawasaki and just get a yamaha. How these piles of shit were ever green lighted for production I will never know. junk
|
kkawboy14
8/9/2016 10:44am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 10:45am
I purchased the swivel deal, man makes it so simple.

But hey I'm a loud bike lovin money spending fool I guess

The Shop

kkawboy14
8/9/2016 11:39am
Why didnt kawasaki install them from the factory.
Why don't they put a pipe on it that doesn't weight 89 pounds?

I think they do some stuff just to help the after market companies.
8/9/2016 11:41am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 11:41am
The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to sell, not easy to maintain.
kkawboy14
8/9/2016 11:45am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 11:46am
The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to sell, not easy...
The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to sell, not easy to maintain.
On that swivel valve my bet is they don't really want something else that could fail as a bolt on part from the factory.
8/9/2016 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 12:45pm
The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to sell, not easy...
kkawboy14 wrote:
On that swivel valve my bet is they don't really want something else that could fail as a bolt on part from the factory.
Throw a right-angle adapter in the bag with the owner's manual, air pump, straight adapters (which it says right in the manual won't fit in forward bar positions) and junk wrenches then.

Or, hell even make them an option. The thing has factory-designed bar positions that require them. Making people remove their bars/controls for a basic, required piece of ride day prep is nuts.
mx317
8/9/2016 2:39pm
You just spin the fork tube around so you air them up behind the handlebars if you want to run the bar mounts in the forward position.

Post a reply to: Kawasaki adjustability and bar position. death to air forks

The Latest