Kawasaki adjustability and bar position. death to air forks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2016 10:42 AM

So I bought another 14 KX450F the other day, still on original tires, etc maybe a few tanks of gas through it. Set it up the way I like it, bars in position 3 of four. Next was an air pressure check in the gay air forks.

Imagine my delight to find that I now have to take the handlebars off before I can screw the adapters into my forks before I can connect the pump to check my air pressure each time before I ride. FUCK these air forks. If I were not so heavily invested in kawasaki stuff I would say fuck Kawasaki and just get a yamaha. How these piles of shit were ever green lighted for production I will never know. junk

|

ride

8/9/2016 10:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 10:45 AM

I purchased the swivel deal, man makes it so simple.

But hey I'm a loud bike lovin money spending fool I guess

|

8/9/2016 10:47 AM

|

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"
A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the Calender says W T F!

Factoryphoto.com

8/9/2016 10:48 AM

Photo

|

8/9/2016 11:27 AM

Why didnt kawasaki install them from the factory.

|

8/9/2016 11:39 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

Why don't they put a pipe on it that doesn't weight 89 pounds?

I think they do some stuff just to help the after market companies.

|

8/9/2016 11:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 11:41 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to sell, not easy to maintain.

|

8/9/2016 11:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 11:46 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to ...more

On that swivel valve my bet is they don't really want something else that could fail as a bolt on part from the factory.

|

8/9/2016 12:14 PM

This thread is funny

|

8/9/2016 12:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 12:45 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

The same reason most modern motocrossers are built the way the are: Because manufacturers only give a shit if stuff is easy to ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

On that swivel valve my bet is they don't really want something else that could fail as a bolt on part from the factory.

Throw a right-angle adapter in the bag with the owner's manual, air pump, straight adapters (which it says right in the manual won't fit in forward bar positions) and junk wrenches then.

Or, hell even make them an option. The thing has factory-designed bar positions that require them. Making people remove their bars/controls for a basic, required piece of ride day prep is nuts.

|

8/9/2016 2:39 PM

You just spin the fork tube around so you air them up behind the handlebars if you want to run the bar mounts in the forward position.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!