Kawasaki Destination Charges

6/23/2019 5:43am
Dirt bikes is such a unique industry

Msrp is competitive from all the oem s to begin with and over time - that dropped for a “lower price” to advertise by removing shipping from the price. The larger dealers who buy a lot at once - can get shipping at a far lower price per unit.

But rest assured, Dealers pay shipping to get a bike to them. Next time you go to fed ex - ask them for free shipping because you ride motocross....

The dealers doing only mx - are really struggling. If you are a single line dealer - now days its nearly impossible to turn a profit worth chasing. as a by product - The incentive to become and stay a dealer is going away. With parts no longer a good source of income due to the internet parts houses - I think the oems are slowly trying to protect their dealers again - and adding a freight charge on the oem website is a step in that direction

It even blows my mind msrp is published. Doing business in California - cost a lot more than say Idaho. If a consumer doesn’t understand that the square footage he stands in is more pricey at some dealer than another - it makes it hard to be profitable....

Anyways - 250-400 what I see

I personally pay 350 a bike to have it shipped to me

If I do 3 at a time it’s 250 a bike

Profit margins are 10-15 percent - so if a dealer pays that charge for the customer - on a 9k bike half his profit is eaten up. Investing 8k to take a risk and make 500 bucks is a hard living
40acres
6/23/2019 2:50pm
Freight & Prep is factored into the invoice price so if a dealer says you’re paying $100 over invoice + $300 freight & prep you’re actually...
Freight & Prep is factored into the invoice price so if a dealer says you’re paying $100 over invoice + $300 freight & prep you’re actually paying $400 over.
No it is not. Some dealers might add it, but that just shows an inflated invoice. There is literally a price sheet available from each mfr that lists dealer invoice, smtp and freight in separate lines. Most dealers will enter those in lightspeed or whatever rep they're using separate. You can't lump them all together and go reconcile for accounting purposes without a huge manual process.

Again, in short, no.
endurox
6/24/2019 8:24am
Only one way to make a small fortune in the motorcycle business is to start with a large fortune.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Kawasaki Destination Charges

The Latest