Kawasaki 7 New Offroad Models 2021

Stuntman949
7/7/2020 12:37pm
I'd like to think Jacob Argubright helped this decision by the Green Machine
GPrider
7/7/2020 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2020 1:27pm
an 18" rear wheel is all it has. No oversize tank, no wide ratio, no hand guards, no "real" skid plate. This is not an off road bike, sorry. Nothing to set it's self apart from the mx model, nothing. Suspension and ecu changes are something racers do anyway. Disappointing.
MZ193
7/7/2020 1:41pm
GPrider wrote:
an 18" rear wheel is all it has. No oversize tank, no wide ratio, no hand guards, no "real" skid plate. This is not an off...
an 18" rear wheel is all it has. No oversize tank, no wide ratio, no hand guards, no "real" skid plate. This is not an off road bike, sorry. Nothing to set it's self apart from the mx model, nothing. Suspension and ecu changes are something racers do anyway. Disappointing.
Give em a couple years and they will figure it out.
Keep calm people. Process is long.
It took milions of years to make the earth and we're destryoing it in 100 years.

The Shop

7/7/2020 2:26pm
MZ193 wrote:
Give em a couple years and they will figure it out. Keep calm people. Process is long. It took milions of years to make the earth...
It took milions of years to make the earth and we're destryoing it in 100 years.
That requires R&D money they don't have to spend.

wide ratio, lighting kit, proper metal hand guards, large tank, better engine protection all that would've made Kawasaki a contender for off road. Their XC models are MX bikes with 18" rear wheels.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
7/7/2020 2:37pm
wonder if they will end up being available here in Australia and able to get registered.

trexx
7/7/2020 2:40pm
GPrider wrote:
an 18" rear wheel is all it has. No oversize tank, no wide ratio, no hand guards, no "real" skid plate. This is not an off...
MZ193 wrote:
Give em a couple years and they will figure it out. Keep calm people. Process is long. It took milions of years to make the earth...
Get outta here man.... discussion about dirt bikes not earth ya dweeb
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
7/7/2020 2:56pm
MZ193 wrote:
That requires R&D money they don't have to spend. wide ratio, lighting kit, proper metal hand guards, large tank, better engine protection all that would've made...

wide ratio, lighting kit, proper metal hand guards, large tank, better engine protection all that would've made Kawasaki a contender for off road. Their XC models are MX bikes with 18" rear wheels.
Yamaha doesn't have most of that either and they are the gold standard of Japan trail bikes. This is exactly what the YZ125X has compared to the YZ125. The 250x has a couple of different gear ratios in the transmission otherwise nearly the MX bike too. Pretty much all 450 bikes use the MX model plus fuel tank and wheel/kickstand.
Broseph
7/7/2020 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2020 3:10pm
MZ193 wrote:
That requires R&D money they don't have to spend. wide ratio, lighting kit, proper metal hand guards, large tank, better engine protection all that would've made...

wrc777 wrote:
Yamaha doesn't have most of that either and they are the gold standard of Japan trail bikes. This is exactly what the YZ125X has compared to...
Yamaha doesn't have most of that either and they are the gold standard of Japan trail bikes. This is exactly what the YZ125X has compared to the YZ125. The 250x has a couple of different gear ratios in the transmission otherwise nearly the MX bike too. Pretty much all 450 bikes use the MX model plus fuel tank and wheel/kickstand.
Yamaha does it better than most with their FX models. They have:
Larger fuel tank
18” wheel
Thicker tubes
Kickstand
WR wiring harness (pre wired for cooling fan)
WR radiators (w/ mounts for cooling fan)
WR crankshaft (w/ high wattage stator)
Different clutch pack than MX model
Different clutch arm than MX model
True wide ratio transmission
Offroad engine tuning
Real skid plate
Magical KYB suspension

Given that these KXs are all 4 strokes, I think it’s fair to compare Yamaha’s 4 stroke cross country effort. Yamaha is trying. Kawasaki isn’t.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
7/7/2020 5:16pm

wrc777 wrote:
Yamaha doesn't have most of that either and they are the gold standard of Japan trail bikes. This is exactly what the YZ125X has compared to...
Broseph wrote:
Yamaha does it better than most with their FX models. They have: Larger fuel tank 18” wheel Thicker tubes Kickstand WR wiring harness (pre wired for...
Larger fuel tank
18” wheel
Thicker tubes
Kickstand
Offroad engine tuning
Real skid plate
Magical KYB suspension

Given that these KXs are all 4 strokes, I think it’s fair to compare Yamaha’s 4 stroke cross country effort. Yamaha is trying. Kawasaki isn’t.
Other than the skid plate, different trans (which is usually just a couple of slightly different ratios), and bigger tank how do you know the Kawasaki’s won’t have most of that stuff almost no one uses? You know the kx250 has the same kyb suspension and a better chassis and ergos right?
ccullins
7/7/2020 5:52pm
GPrider wrote:
Check out any serous off-road racers KTM. IMS tank, after market hand guards, skid plate etc. All stuff that would most likely be swapped out anyways. It’s not a bike for me, but for a GP or GNCC racer it could be really good.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
7/7/2020 5:58pm
GPrider wrote:
ccullins wrote:
Check out any serous off-road racers KTM. IMS tank, after market hand guards, skid plate etc. All stuff that would most likely be swapped out anyways...
Check out any serous off-road racers KTM. IMS tank, after market hand guards, skid plate etc. All stuff that would most likely be swapped out anyways. It’s not a bike for me, but for a GP or GNCC racer it could be really good.
Yeah my ktm didn’t have any skid plate but did have hand guards and a 6 speed gearbox. I think Honda has the right idea with factory skids. Enough to protect the chassis but not super heavy duty.
Johnny Ringo
7/7/2020 6:13pm
How dare Kawi release new models that don’t fit the criteria of this message boards members
woodsgoon
7/7/2020 6:23pm

wrc777 wrote:
Broseph wrote:
Yamaha does it better than most with their FX models. They have: Larger fuel tank 18” wheel Thicker tubes Kickstand WR wiring harness (pre wired for...
Larger fuel tank
18” wheel
Thicker tubes
Kickstand
Offroad engine tuning
Real skid plate
Magical KYB suspension

Larger fuel tank still not big enough or quick fill
18” wheel MEH
Thicker tubes BIBS for lyfe
Kickstand Take it off anyway
WR wiring harness (pre wired for cooling fan) Never needed one
WR radiators (w/ mounts for cooling fan) Never needed one
WR crankshaft (w/ high wattage stator) see above
Different clutch pack than MX model Gets a torque drive anyway
Different clutch arm than MX model MEH
True wide ratio transmission Terrible ratios IMO
Offroad engine tuning MEH
Real skid plate EE for the win
Magical KYB suspension Cant argue there.

I love yamahas but cant we just be happy another manufacturer is taking a run at the market? It keeps everyone pushing forward. Personally id still buy the MX model and race it offroad just like i do a yamaha or honda but atleast someone else is trying....
7/7/2020 6:24pm
How dare Kawi release new models that don’t fit the criteria of this message boards members
Haha true. I also thought this was vitalmx not vital off-road.
kb228
7/7/2020 6:57pm
MZ193 wrote:

Kawasaki engineers dont need R&D money to put lights and wide gears on. Theyre smart enough to do it in a week.

I would imagine the people figuring out what to sell made a flat out bad call. I bleed green and i have to admit kawi did not deliver on these. When i first saw XC i had wide ratio and lights in mind for dual sport purposes.

The kx250 is by far the star of the show this year.
Timo_2824
7/7/2020 7:25pm
woodsgoon wrote:
Yamaha does it better than most with their FX models. They have: Larger fuel tank [b]still not big enough or quick fill[/b] 18” wheel [b]MEH[/b] Thicker...
18” wheel MEH

I love yamahas but cant we just be happy another manufacturer is taking a run at the market? It keeps everyone pushing forward. Personally id still buy the MX model and race it offroad just like i do a yamaha or honda but atleast someone else is trying....
The 450FX is probably the best 5 speed wide ratio transmission on a dirt bike. I thought the old 250f wide ratio 5 speed was actually too narrow, I haven't ridden the new 6 speed, so can't comment on it.
Broseph
7/7/2020 7:43pm
wrc777 wrote:
Broseph wrote:
Larger fuel tank
18” wheel
Thicker tubes
Kickstand
Offroad engine tuning
Real skid plate
Magical KYB suspension

woodsgoon wrote:
Yamaha does it better than most with their FX models. They have: Larger fuel tank [b]still not big enough or quick fill[/b] 18” wheel [b]MEH[/b] Thicker...
18” wheel MEH

I can tell you’d rather ride the MX model by your comments. Everyone has their own version of offroad and there’s nothing wrong with that. None of this changes the fact that these Kawasakis are MX bikes with an 18” wheel and kickstand. This barely counts as an offroad effort in my opinion.
7/7/2020 8:06pm
Broseph wrote:
I can tell you’d rather ride the MX model by your comments. Everyone has their own version of offroad and there’s nothing wrong with that. None...
I can tell you’d rather ride the MX model by your comments. Everyone has their own version of offroad and there’s nothing wrong with that. None of this changes the fact that these Kawasakis are MX bikes with an 18” wheel and kickstand. This barely counts as an offroad effort in my opinion.
KX motocross bikes USED to come with a sidestand and 18" rear wheel right on the showroom floor.
Nate_Z
7/7/2020 8:31pm
Broseph wrote:
I can tell you’d rather ride the MX model by your comments. Everyone has their own version of offroad and there’s nothing wrong with that. None...
KX motocross bikes USED to come with a sidestand and 18" rear wheel right on the showroom floor.
When? Struggling to think of the year...
Nate_Z
7/7/2020 8:34pm
I'm very happy with my '19 KX450 and have it setup for XC racing. The mods made definitely align it more as a competitor to KTM XCF's or Yamaha FX's and I think they did a nice job. Its not an EXC-F hard enduro bike. I certainly wouldn't complain in the least about some flimsy handguard setup that gets tossed. IMO, the only thing I would have liked to have seen was a bigger tank in the 2.5 gallon range, but beyond that, will be a nice setup for those wanting a state of the art 450 for GNCC riding.
7/8/2020 4:08am
Broseph wrote:
Nate_Z wrote:
When? Struggling to think of the year...
Think 1988 was last year whit kickstand
Indy mxer
7/8/2020 5:06am
From what I read its not just an 18" rear and a kickstand. The suspension is also set up for offroad. I'm a motocross guy but I have a few friends that race HS. They like the new Kawi. One of them is already talking about buying one.

I guess we'll see when they actually get some out there and we see some actual reviews.
7/8/2020 5:13am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2020 5:14am
Sidestand, 18" rear wheel and soft suspension on a production motocross bike:

woodsgoon
7/8/2020 5:37am
woodsgoon wrote:
18” wheel MEH

Timo_2824 wrote:
The 450FX is probably the best 5 speed wide ratio transmission on a dirt bike. I thought the old 250f wide ratio 5 speed was actually...
The 450FX is probably the best 5 speed wide ratio transmission on a dirt bike. I thought the old 250f wide ratio 5 speed was actually too narrow, I haven't ridden the new 6 speed, so can't comment on it.
to be quite honest i was only really talking about a 250f. You couldnt pay me to ride a 450 in the woods Laughing Just not my thing, so ill have to take your word on it. The multiple 250fxs i rode i just couldnt get use to the gearing. Didnt like it and it wasnt for me. But no bike is perfect for everyone
woodsgoon
7/8/2020 5:41am
Broseph wrote:
Larger fuel tank
18” wheel
Thicker tubes
Kickstand
Offroad engine tuning
Real skid plate
Magical KYB suspension

woodsgoon wrote:
18” wheel MEH

Broseph wrote:
Surely there is more to them than meets the eye. I wouldnt think they would really just throw an 18 and a kickstand on it and call it good. Im sure spring rates and valving is different as well as engine mapping but i really dont know. To me the most important thing is suspension. But yes i would rather ride the mx bikes in the woods mostly because stock MX valving and spring rates are about perfect for my weight and speed in the woods so i dont have to worry about it. FX/XCF suspension is too mushy. Ill agree its not much of a shot at an offroad bike but its their first year and at least someone else is trying
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
7/8/2020 6:06am
If they nail the suspension and the 250 has more bottom end these will sell really well.
7/8/2020 6:35am
*FIRST TIME POSTER*

Everyone here seems pretty upset about the XC line up and I'm over here pumped they finally put E start on the 250. All the other stuff is just a plus if you ask me!! Hydraulic clutch???? HELL YEAH

And thank god they went back too 240mm rear disc... brake dragger problems

Post a reply to: Kawasaki 7 New Offroad Models 2021

The Latest