Kawasaki..

MZ193
Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 6:54am
Just wondering..
Kawasaki in the latest years has won a lot of titles:
-Villopoto streak, 250 titles, this years has won both outdoor titles and was close to win both supecross 250 titles.
-Superbike, Jonathan Rea won his 5th title i believe, he also won last year.
Why no kawasaki in motogp?
From what i can remember in 2007 or so kawasaki was in motogp.. why did they leave?
The brand has tons of million to put into it.
|
10/27/2019 12:45am
How much money they have to spend on it is irrelevant if they don’t have the ‘want’ to do it.
Believe it or not Suzuki have all the money they need to conquer MX/SX but they just don’t want to right now- they’re focusing heavily on Moto Gp with success.
ktm 125
10/27/2019 1:12am
kawasaki didnt have any 500 2 stroke bikes from early 80's. hasnt won any premium class title either. i dont remember if it won any titles in smaller categories but i doubt it. the last and only superbike title came in 93 with scott russell. in ama superbikes they last won in late 90's. they just dont care about it...
kb228
10/27/2019 6:47am
They said the cost isnt worth it. they can afford it but if its not selling bikes to a certain degree its not worth it. Companies dont spend $10 to make $11.

The Shop

ktm 125
10/27/2019 8:08am
thats funny cause all the others spend
Excaliburbmx
10/27/2019 9:36am
ktm 125 wrote:
It’s like Indy car or nascar only a few are in it.
RMT
10/27/2019 10:01am
ktm 125 wrote:
It’s like Indy car or nascar only a few are in it.
Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki, KTM and Piaggio with Aprilla. Someone’s missing.
Excaliburbmx
10/27/2019 10:09am
Suzuki ktm and aprilla don’t compete in world superbike. They pick their battles
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
10/27/2019 11:24am
I’m not sure why Kawi left motogp originally but I do know that they have been killing it in world super bike. Also their ninja 400 out performs all other bikes in it’s class. I’m pretty sure Kawasaki is a pretty small factory compared to Honda, KTM, Yamaha, so it probably doesn’t make sense to develop a motogp bike unless they had a “bajillion” dollars like KTM/Red Bull. It’s almost impossible to develop a great bike in motogp it seems. MM93 is just a freak and can ride that crazy Honda. The Yamaha seems really good this year. Ducati seems to have taken steps back this season. Suzuki is still rising slowly, and Ktm will eventually be the best bike.
10/27/2019 12:15pm
skeef wrote:
I’m not sure why Kawi left motogp originally but I do know that they have been killing it in world super bike. Also their ninja 400...
I’m not sure why Kawi left motogp originally but I do know that they have been killing it in world super bike. Also their ninja 400 out performs all other bikes in it’s class. I’m pretty sure Kawasaki is a pretty small factory compared to Honda, KTM, Yamaha, so it probably doesn’t make sense to develop a motogp bike unless they had a “bajillion” dollars like KTM/Red Bull. It’s almost impossible to develop a great bike in motogp it seems. MM93 is just a freak and can ride that crazy Honda. The Yamaha seems really good this year. Ducati seems to have taken steps back this season. Suzuki is still rising slowly, and Ktm will eventually be the best bike.
I dunno if you're talking about Kawasaki in general or only its motorcycle side of things. But Kawasaki as a company is not small. Kawasaki is HUGE. Google search KHI- Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
10/27/2019 1:12pm
skeef wrote:
I’m not sure why Kawi left motogp originally but I do know that they have been killing it in world super bike. Also their ninja 400...
I dunno if you're talking about Kawasaki in general or only its motorcycle side of things. But Kawasaki as a company is not small. Kawasaki is...
I dunno if you're talking about Kawasaki in general or only its motorcycle side of things. But Kawasaki as a company is not small. Kawasaki is HUGE. Google search KHI- Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
I was going to bore you with stats. But Khi is still relatively small compared to Honda/Yamaha. In employee size, revenue, and capital. Obviously Kawasaki is huge haha they are a top motorcycle/heavy machinery brand in the world. But I still stand by what I say, smaller than those OEMs.
loftyair
10/27/2019 1:42pm
Yeah, but going racing is a tax break, or write off, or something. Like 30%-110%, depending on who's doing the math.
buzz06
10/27/2019 2:35pm
https://imotorbike.my/news/en/2019/04/kawasaki-wont-return-to-motogp/

That should shed some light, Kawasaki got out of motogp originally due to rising costs. They actually wanted out sooner but had a contract with Dorna to be involved for a certain period of time. If I remember correctly they came to an agreement with Dorna and left a year sooner than they were supposed to.
Excaliburbmx
10/27/2019 3:26pm
It’s better for them to focus and compete at 100 percent than to go half heartedly into something.
kkawboy14
10/27/2019 4:34pm
1 kawasaki train costs more than all of Honda racing?
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/27/2019 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2019 8:54pm
ktm 125 wrote:
kawasaki didnt have any 500 2 stroke bikes from early 80's. hasnt won any premium class title either. i dont remember if it won any titles...
kawasaki didnt have any 500 2 stroke bikes from early 80's. hasnt won any premium class title either. i dont remember if it won any titles in smaller categories but i doubt it. the last and only superbike title came in 93 with scott russell. in ama superbikes they last won in late 90's. they just dont care about it...
They won 250 and 350 titles with twin crank bikes in the early 80s

And do you follow superbikes at all ? they have won the title for the past 5 years with Johnny rea. And Tom Sykes Won before him
Motofinne
10/27/2019 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2019 11:45pm
They prefer to spend 10% of what it would cost to run a decent MotoGP effort on SBK and win titles there on a bike they actually sell.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Rea quits. Toprak would've been a good rider to take his place but Yamaha snatched him from them.
MZ193
10/28/2019 2:47am
Motofinne wrote:
They prefer to spend 10% of what it would cost to run a decent MotoGP effort on SBK and win titles there on a bike they...
They prefer to spend 10% of what it would cost to run a decent MotoGP effort on SBK and win titles there on a bike they actually sell.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Rea quits. Toprak would've been a good rider to take his place but Yamaha snatched him from them.
They are barely selling the model they’re racing with.
Actually not many people buy this type of bikes, at least in europe. People are actually searching pleasure of riding and not power. In my region the most sold bikes are:
Yamaha MT 07
Honda CBF 500
Kawasaki Z650.
The only 1000cc’s i see are old bikes, like 7/10 years old.
kb228
10/28/2019 3:58am
Motofinne wrote:
They prefer to spend 10% of what it would cost to run a decent MotoGP effort on SBK and win titles there on a bike they...

MZ193 wrote:
They are barely selling the model they’re racing with. Actually not many people buy this type of bikes, at least in europe. People are actually searching...
Actually not many people buy this type of bikes, at least in europe. People are actually searching pleasure of riding and not power. In my region the most sold bikes are:
Yamaha MT 07
Honda CBF 500
Kawasaki Z650.
Just from observation from the last couple years, ive hardly seen any supersports on the road at all. 80% cruisers and the rest have been dual sports/adventure/supernakeds.

Lots of squids buy supersports and kill themselves on them and i think its hurting sales.
MZ193
10/28/2019 5:22am
Motofinne wrote:

MZ193 wrote:
They are barely selling the model they’re racing with. Actually not many people buy this type of bikes, at least in europe. People are actually searching...
Yamaha MT 07
Honda CBF 500
Kawasaki Z650.
kb228 wrote:
Just from observation from the last couple years, ive hardly seen any supersports on the road at all. 80% cruisers and the rest have been dual...
Just from observation from the last couple years, ive hardly seen any supersports on the road at all. 80% cruisers and the rest have been dual sports/adventure/supernakeds.

Lots of squids buy supersports and kill themselves on them and i think its hurting sales.
Exactly
Excaliburbmx
10/28/2019 5:50am
Plenty of 1000cc bikes around here. Plenty of cruisers too
Motofinne
10/28/2019 5:52am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 5:54am
Motofinne wrote:

MZ193 wrote:
Yamaha MT 07
Honda CBF 500
Kawasaki Z650.
I'm very aware of that. There are adventure bikes everywhere here in Finland. It sucks but the supersport segment is dying, especially the 600cc segment.

I can't remember when i saw a brand new superbike on the street. A colleague of mine has a 2015 s1000rr but that is about it.
Helda
10/28/2019 6:21am
skeef wrote:
I dunno if you're talking about Kawasaki in general or only its motorcycle side of things. But Kawasaki as a company is not small. Kawasaki is...
I would think company size by net would be:
1) Kawi
2) Suzuki
3)Honda
4) Yamaha
5) KTM

Suzuki and Kawi maybe tg e other way around I'm not sure..anyone care to do the research?
kb228
10/28/2019 6:32am
skeef wrote:
Helda wrote:
I would think company size by net would be: 1) Kawi 2) Suzuki 3)Honda 4) Yamaha 5) KTM Suzuki and Kawi maybe tg e other way...
1) Kawi
2) Suzuki
3)Honda
4) Yamaha
5) KTM

Suzuki and Kawi maybe tg e other way around I'm not sure..anyone care to do the research?
I can tell you with confidence yamaha and honda are bigger than the rest. Rememer yamaha makes more than power sports products. Honda makes cars lawnmowers etc..
Helda
10/28/2019 6:41am
Helda wrote:
I would think company size by net would be: 1) Kawi 2) Suzuki 3)Honda 4) Yamaha 5) KTM Suzuki and Kawi maybe tg e other way...
1) Kawi
2) Suzuki
3)Honda
4) Yamaha
5) KTM

kb228 wrote:
I can tell you with confidence yamaha and honda are bigger than the rest. Rememer yamaha makes more than power sports products. Honda makes cars lawnmowers...
I can tell you with confidence yamaha and honda are bigger than the rest. Rememer yamaha makes more than power sports products. Honda makes cars lawnmowers etc..
Kawasaki makes space ships...
10/28/2019 6:51am
Around me, it seems like very other sportbike on the road is a Kawi.

I'd assume their promotional activities not in MotoGP are sufficing and they don't feel they need the extra publicity at such a cost.
Helda
10/28/2019 6:52am
Quick wiki search take it as you may.

Kawi: ¥1.3 trillion(2011)[
Honda
15.36 trillion (2018)
Yamaha 408.2 billion (2017)[
Suzuki: 2,578.3 billion(FY2012)[2]
Ktm  €1.14 billion (2016

Need some later numbers for Kawi but would be close to Honda, I'm a little surprised about suzuki
kkawboy14
10/28/2019 6:52am
I would be surprised if any of them are bigger than Honda!

Post a reply to: Kawasaki..

The Latest