KX150-AF 2016

5/27/2016 9:58am
Jimmy, did you heat treat the frame? AF builders beware... ive seen too many custom AF bikes break in half because they didnt heat treat the...
Jimmy, did you heat treat the frame? AF builders beware... ive seen too many custom AF bikes break in half because they didnt heat treat the frame after welding.

Awesome build though
It's not. And neither are my earlier bikes. Never had any issues with cracks or anything.

I believe that using the right materials, the right welding rod and designing the headstay the right way is most important.
I've seen tons of AF conversions using crappy quality aluminum etc...

Another question is how much tensions they got in the frame with the motor there and torqued to spec.

5/27/2016 10:04am
JimmyOberg wrote:
Rode it for the first time last weekend. Engine sits a tiny bit lower / more forward now than last year which I belive it noticable...
Rode it for the first time last weekend.

Engine sits a tiny bit lower / more forward now than last year which I belive it noticable...

The VHM crank is just amazing. Got zero vibrations, and the overrev is extreme for being a 144!
Just love the motor. Got plenty of bottom end, hard mid and top, and does not sign of, it just keeps going!

.kyle wrote:
Any more info (or pics) on that vhm crank? Is it a custom made item or do they have them in stock for the kx125? How...
Any more info (or pics) on that vhm crank?

Is it a custom made item or do they have them in stock for the kx125? How does it compare price wise to a stock item?
It's modified stock. Pretty pricey. Changed inertia and adjusted for the heavier piston.

They got their own new high and low inertia cranks for yz, sx and tc 125s. But no longer for KX.

The Shop

Post a reply to: KX150-AF 2016

The Latest