KTM's weekend

just James
Edited Date/Time 3/5/2015 2:47pm
Since KTM now owns Husky, overall, I'd say that they did alright in the MX/SX arena this past weekend. I know that there were several in the main events in that "foreign" race, but there weren't very many in the mains in Atlanta, yet look where they finished.
I don't know why more of the pros don't choose to ride them.
|
zehn
3/1/2015 7:26pm
When was the last time any single manufacturer won every major race and class on the same weekend? Has it ever happened? Maybe Honda in the 80s?
kiwifan
3/1/2015 7:27pm
just James wrote:
Since KTM now owns Husky, overall, I'd say that they did alright in the MX/SX arena this past weekend. I know that there were several in...
Since KTM now owns Husky, overall, I'd say that they did alright in the MX/SX arena this past weekend. I know that there were several in the main events in that "foreign" race, but there weren't very many in the mains in Atlanta, yet look where they finished.
I don't know why more of the pros don't choose to ride them.
Because they prefer the other makes???
kiwifan
3/1/2015 7:30pm
zehn wrote:
When was the last time any single manufacturer won every major race and class on the same weekend? Has it ever happened? Maybe Honda in the...
When was the last time any single manufacturer won every major race and class on the same weekend? Has it ever happened? Maybe Honda in the 80s?
No idea, but I dont think you could claim KTM and Husquvarna to be one single manufacturer....
Markout
3/1/2015 7:31pm
Not everyone's riding style suits the KTM. I do think this is the best one they have ever made, and RD looks the best he ever has riding it. Hats off to KTM for all the hard work they have put into the bikes, and money they put into the sport.

The Shop

moto0852
3/1/2015 7:35pm
zehn wrote:
When was the last time any single manufacturer won every major race and class on the same weekend? Has it ever happened? Maybe Honda in the...
kiwifan wrote:
No idea, but I dont think you could claim KTM and Husquvarna to be one single manufacturer....
Same owners manufacturing both brands...yeah I think you can call it a single manufacturer. (Are GMC and Chevy separate manufacturers?)

As far as why more pros don't ride them... They are the number 1 selling dirt bike brand in the world right now so I think they are!
kiwifan
3/1/2015 7:39pm
zehn wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
Same owners manufacturing both brands...yeah I think you can call it a single manufacturer. (Are GMC and Chevy separate manufacturers?) As far as why more pros...
Same owners manufacturing both brands...yeah I think you can call it a single manufacturer. (Are GMC and Chevy separate manufacturers?)

As far as why more pros don't ride them... They are the number 1 selling dirt bike brand in the world right now so I think they are!
#1 selling bike brand??? Sorry I am pretty sure you are way off the mark there both Yamaha and Honda are tops I thought

So Honda owns Showa does that mean they can claim fame for bikes that have Showa suspension?

I agree that they have the same owner, but they are manufactured differently ....
rohleder644
3/1/2015 7:42pm
kiwifan wrote:
#1 selling bike brand??? Sorry I am pretty sure you are way off the mark there both Yamaha and Honda are tops I thought So Honda...
#1 selling bike brand??? Sorry I am pretty sure you are way off the mark there both Yamaha and Honda are tops I thought

So Honda owns Showa does that mean they can claim fame for bikes that have Showa suspension?

I agree that they have the same owner, but they are manufactured differently ....
As of today, they most certainly are not.
moto0852
3/1/2015 7:42pm
kiwifan wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
Same owners manufacturing both brands...yeah I think you can call it a single manufacturer. (Are GMC and Chevy separate manufacturers?) As far as why more pros...

kiwifan wrote:
#1 selling bike brand??? Sorry I am pretty sure you are way off the mark there both Yamaha and Honda are tops I thought So Honda...

Yup. If you read the two part interview in Cycle news that last couple weeks the statistics are KTM #1 (remember were talking competition dirtbikes not scooters, streetbikes etc.) And of that the #1 seller is the 350. Go figure.

Not sure on what "claiming fame" means but yes, Honda can claim that any bike winning with Showa suspension won on "their" suspension.
moto0852
3/1/2015 7:59pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I like my Orange Husaberg.
I'm glad KTM saved the Husky brand but feel bad for Husaberg. I feel like in a few years nobody will even remember them or their history.
TeamGreen
3/1/2015 8:03pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I like my Orange Husaberg.
moto0852 wrote:
I'm glad KTM saved the Husky brand but feel bad for Husaberg. I feel like in a few years nobody will even remember them or their...
I'm glad KTM saved the Husky brand but feel bad for Husaberg. I feel like in a few years nobody will even remember them or their history.
Rebranding the Husabergs as Husky is a "Homecoming".

It's a Good Thing.
endurox
3/1/2015 8:03pm
Have to thank John Penton and the late Hans Trunkenpolz for their foresight.
kiwifan
3/1/2015 8:04pm
moto0852 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

moto0852 wrote:
Yup. If you read the two part interview in Cycle news that last couple weeks the statistics are KTM #1 (remember were talking competition dirtbikes not...
Yup. If you read the two part interview in Cycle news that last couple weeks the statistics are KTM #1 (remember were talking competition dirtbikes not scooters, streetbikes etc.) And of that the #1 seller is the 350. Go figure.

Not sure on what "claiming fame" means but yes, Honda can claim that any bike winning with Showa suspension won on "their" suspension.
Ah the interview with the head KTM guy....I read that as #1 in Europe for dirtbikes not world wide. I would rather see non bias statistics anyway....
endurox
3/1/2015 8:13pm
KTM and BMW together are 8% of the US market share on all registered bikes. This includes Husky.
So wait another 5 years and KTM may surpass one of the jap bike manufactures USA sales.
I throw BMW in their are they and KTM have had double digit sales increases for the last 6 years while the japs are struggling with
a strong yen and lack of marketing excitement.
kiwifan
3/1/2015 9:58pm
Crush wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
there you go kiwifan. MCI numbers are considered the "source" if your still in doubt. Yes, they are two different brands. No one has said otherwise...
there you go kiwifan. MCI numbers are considered the "source" if your still in doubt.
Yes, they are two different brands. No one has said otherwise. (Just like Honda/Showa, GMC/Chevy) That wasn't the topic.
I think you were saying otherwise, but hey all good. That link does not state that KTM are #1 by the way.
3/1/2015 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2015 10:34am
kiwifan
3/1/2015 10:15pm
#991 wrote:
yes very true....I guess its one day to sell more dirt bikes jsut buy out a brand and sell your bikes with minor changes as the brand you brought out, pretty cunning really
3/1/2015 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2015 10:34am
#991 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
yes very true....I guess its one day to sell more dirt bikes jsut buy out a brand and sell your bikes with minor changes as the...
yes very true....I guess its one day to sell more dirt bikes jsut buy out a brand and sell your bikes with minor changes as the brand you brought out, pretty cunning really
kiwifan
3/1/2015 10:42pm
#991 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
yes very true....I guess its one day to sell more dirt bikes jsut buy out a brand and sell your bikes with minor changes as the...
#991 wrote:
Dont get me wrong I aint criticsing them doing that, all power to them...helps them make money then good

I actually prefer the look of the Husky's over the KTM's
just James
3/5/2015 10:23am
Now, how many of you think that KTM can get a grand slam this coming weekend? I am talking AC222, JH84, RD5, and MM25.
endurox
3/5/2015 2:42pm
Also how about the Daytona Endurocross and Enduro.
BobPA
3/5/2015 2:47pm
The last arenacross I attended I would say more than half the field were Katooms. I bet there will be more privateers on the 2016 KTM.

Post a reply to: KTM's weekend

The Latest