KTM starts on its new HQ

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2021 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2021 9:16 AM

Saw something a month or so about this. Looks like construction is under way. KTM HQ

|

11/23/2021 9:10 AM

&lc=Ugx9WRN0oy5uoGp1bZV4AaABAg.9UwXF7mR33k9V3uCISyqpp
|

11/23/2021 9:21 AM

50 million dollar new digs, yet still can't pick up the phone or return an email... nice!!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

11/23/2021 10:11 AM

gt80rider wrote:

50 million dollar new digs, yet still can't pick up the phone or return an email... nice!!

They are doing what all OEMs do... allowing the dealer network to handle consumer calls and emails. If the OEM dealt directly with customers there would be two main problems:
1) They would have to hire 5,000 new employees to answer the 125,000 new incoming phone calls each day;
2) They would get sued by their own dealer network every time someone in that group perceived that they sent business elsewhere, either by mistake or purposefully. How often would that happen? About 125,000 times per day. laughing

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/23/2021 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2021 6:32 PM

What a shitt decision on KTM's part. Investing 50 mil in a state that quite possibly has the worst, most unfriendly business environment of any state. Company's are fleeing California for a reason. It's a sinking ship. Good luck KTM!

|

11/24/2021 2:07 AM

RACERX69 wrote:

What a shitt decision on KTM's part. Investing 50 mil in a state that quite possibly has the worst, most unfriendly business ...more

Yeah KTM group known for making bad business decisions, i'm sure this will be a disaster investment.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

11/24/2021 5:14 AM

RACERX69 wrote:

What a shitt decision on KTM's part. Investing 50 mil in a state that quite possibly has the worst, most unfriendly business ...more

I only hear this from people who are not from California. Also not being from California, I have no idea if you are right or wrong lol

|

11/24/2021 5:27 AM

dcg141 wrote:

Saw something a month or so about this. Looks like construction is under way. KTM HQ

Too late for that investment, Japanese are on to them. And in the shit business climate of California, hell with that.
Guess they better start making higher profit crap like side by sides or something, no money in dirt bikes.

|

11/24/2021 6:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2021 6:52 AM

RACERX69 wrote:

kNewc wrote:

I only hear this from people who are not from California. Also not being from California, I have no idea if you are right or ...more

Umm, you don't have to be from California to realize their liberal tax and spend habits are driving business' and people out of there faster than OJ leaving Nicole's house the night of her murder.

Toyota and Tesla, along with many Silicon Valley tech companies are recent examples of such exodus. Not to mention the thousands of people who are also leaving California for a more economic and political friendly environment.

|

11/24/2021 9:54 AM

building a new HQ is an ominous symbol of decline

https://www.businessinsider.com/poorly-timed-headquarters-2009-11#intel-6

|

11/24/2021 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2021 10:20 AM

vtec_ wrote:

building a new HQ is an ominous symbol of decline

https://www.businessinsider.com/poorly-timed-headquarters-2009-11#intel-6

...more

This is the most vtec post in the history of vtec posts. Vital's black cloud.

|

11/24/2021 10:37 AM

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

11/24/2021 10:50 AM

I'm also surprised they are building in California. It's very likely the product they manufacture will be illegal there in the next 10 years, unless there is a major regime change. CA will eventually outlaw the internal combustion engine if things stay on their current track.

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

11/24/2021 11:10 AM

Moto Nomad wrote:

I'm also surprised they are building in California. It's very likely the product they manufacture will be illegal there in the ...more

exactly. if they were building in georgia or NC i wouldnt think much of it because it would prob cost alot less and you dont need to deal with libtard politicians

|

11/24/2021 11:34 AM

They named the street it's on KTM way.

I would assume with so many major corporations leaving California, it puts KTM in a position to get favorable deals done with the state and city that work for the.

They said a part of the deal was having a supercross track on the grounds, so it seems like they have some pull in the area for that to happen.

Also, alot of companies leaving California are manufacturing their product in house or have a product that is online, like tech, so they don't need to be near major ports to receive product. Unless KTM starts manufacturing in Mexico I don't see them leaving California.

Just some thoughts.

|

11/24/2021 11:42 AM

RACERX69 wrote:

Definitely, having one of the world's greatest economies is for sure a sign of going down the shitter.

|

Designer of the PulpMx App and PulpMx Fantasy. Visuals were me; code was MarxDawg.

Mercedes Terrell was the GOAT of all Monster girls, don't @ me.

11/24/2021 1:17 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Dude, Mr. Pierer kept trying to contact you to get your take on where to to build the new HQ, but you never answered your DM's!!!

Those fucking guys at KTM don't know what they are doing I swear to god...

|

11/24/2021 1:37 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

TannerMxer wrote:

Definitely, having one of the world's greatest economies is for sure a sign of going down the shitter.

Hmm. Okay. And that’s because CNN told you so? 🙄

|

11/24/2021 1:53 PM

They are moving like a half mile away from their current site. The new property is right next to French Valley airport and offers much more land than they currently have available.

|

11/24/2021 2:26 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

They are moving like a half mile away from their current site. The new property is right next to French Valley airport and ...more

Well, since they did not re-locate to Texas or the Southeast, you just know it will cause the company to shit the bed right from the start...

w00t

|

11/24/2021 2:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2021 2:39 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Hmm. Okay. And that’s because CNN told you so?

No.

California is now the Fifth -largest economy in the world.

Those figures were presented by the US Chamber of Commerce in 2019.

In my industry, Commercial Development, No one can keep up with demand for TI and new buildings here. Companies are expanding at a rapid pace.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-06-14/california-defies-doom-with-no-1-u-s-economy

Photo

|

11/24/2021 2:55 PM

TannerMxer wrote:

RACERX69 wrote:

Hmm. Okay. And that’s because CNN told you so?

Brent wrote:

No.

California is now the Fifth -largest economy in the world.

Those figures were presented by the US Chamber of Commerce ...more

I was just about to come back in here... literally search it. Every single google search result has pages upon pages of verified info.

Brent, these people are fucking sheeple and just believe whatever mike lindell tells them.

|

Designer of the PulpMx App and PulpMx Fantasy. Visuals were me; code was MarxDawg.

11/24/2021 3:01 PM

Oh geeee, wonder why not California:

Korean tech giant Samsung recently announced that it plans to invest around $17 billion to build a semiconductor manufacturing facility in Taylor, Texas. The plant will be Samsung’s largest investment in the United States, and according to Gov. Greg Abbott, the “largest foreign direct investment in the state of Texas ever.”

The Wall Street Journal reports that on Tuesday, Samsung announced plans to invest around $17 billion in a semiconductor manufacturing facility in Taylor, Texas. This marks the latest chip manufacturing commitment this year in the middle of a global chip shortage. Gov. Greg Abbott (R) called the plan “the largest foreign direct investment in the state of Texas ever,” speaking at a press conference with Samsung officials.

Samsung stated that the factory would be the company’s largest U.S. investment and would primarily be used to produce high-end chips used in smartphones and other devices, likely employing 2,000 Texans in high-tech jobs. Construction for the facility is scheduled to start next year and the first chips should be made at the factory in the second half of 2024.
“As we add a new facility in Taylor, Samsung is laying the groundwork for another important chapter in our future,” said Kinam Kim, Vice Chairman, and CEO of Samsung Electronics Device Solutions. “With greater manufacturing capacity, we will be able to better serve the needs of our customers and contribute to the stability of the global semiconductor supply chain.”

“We are also proud to be bringing more jobs and supporting the training and talent development for local communities, as Samsung celebrates 25 years of semiconductor manufacturing in the U.S.,” Kim said.

Chip demand has increased massively in recent years driven primarily by the mass adoption of digital tools during the pandemic, the rollout of 5G communications networks, and the increased manufacturing of 5G enabled devices.

Breitbart News recently reported that another major chip manufacturer, Intel, has had some setbacks in recent years but has unveiled a plan to revitalize U.S. chip manufacturing.

Along with major upgrades to existing manufacturing facilities, the chip giant plans a major new facility in Arizona. In the near future, the company will announce the location of a $100 billion manufacturing complex with the goal of raising American chip manufacturing to 30 percent of worldwide production.

|

11/24/2021 3:03 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Guess Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki FMF, Pro Circuit, Star Racing and literally hundreds of other motorcycle related businesses all made shitt decisions as well. KTM was in Ohio and moved to CA because that's where the center of the US motorcycle industry is located. They bought that property years ago and they are not leaving CA because quite simply there is no good reason if your a motorcycle company to leave the center of the motorcycle universe. The rise of KTM in the US can be dated to one of the most important decisions they ever made as a company and that was their move to CA. The DeCoster deal never happens wo that move.

|

11/24/2021 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2021 3:35 PM

Those are 2019 numbers. California's population shrank/contracted for the first time in the history of the state last year, where states like Texas, Florida, Arizona, Utah, Idaho(red states) have been all been steadily expanding. California's numbers(even pre pandemic) have been declining for quite awhile, especially the ever so important high income wage earner/tax payer demographic. Only reason CA has such high numbers compared to other states and some countries is due to population...and that is decreasing. You have more people stealing from your penny jar than contributing. Eventually the penny jar is depleted. Say what you will, but California's chickens are coming home to roost.

Btw, who is Mike Lindell?

|

11/24/2021 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2021 5:30 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Those are 2019 numbers. California's population shrank/contracted for the first time in the history of the state last year, ...more

Ooooohhh, for sure, the red states are for sure in California's penny jar because of how much they rely on California to pay their socialized welfare programs in those states.

Photo

Photo

Lots of red states there needing money, weird, I thought that's where all the corps were going... almost like they moved there to exploit cheaper things to stuff profits into a small amount of peoples pockets.

It's truly amazing how people defend multi-billion dollar companies with shit like "companies are leaving CA because..." instead of "they sure exploit their employees and are moving to places where labor is cheaper."

|

11/24/2021 5:30 PM

dcg141 wrote:

Guess Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki FMF, Pro Circuit, Star Racing and literally hundreds of other motorcycle related businesses all ...more

Actually KTM has their main parts and motorcycle distribution facility in Ohio, from the photos I saw its pretty huge.

California KTM Group offices do not house manufacturing or distribution, it is just race teams and administrative.

I mean its fantastic that the US economy is bringing jobs back in this country, Be it Texas, or Arizona, or wherever.

the last thing I ever want to buy is another product made in China that could be easily made here - fuck those people and their communist government. We all are suffering due to their biological experiments gone bad.

But to say that California is "Going down the Tubes" has been propaganda of the misinformed for decades. It ain't cheap to live here for everyone, that is for sure.

I will say this - All those people who sold their home here and moved out of state couldn't buy them back now because they have gone up so much in value. I have Realtors contact me almost weekly to ask if I want to selll my home.

|

11/24/2021 5:59 PM

Let me get this straight. A company that employs USA workers for their USA motocross and supercross efforts puts $50,000,000 into a new facility and you people bitch about it? Get a life. Every team is grinding with what they got.

|

11/24/2021 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2021 6:13 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

kNewc wrote:

I only hear this from people who are not from California. Also not being from California, I have no idea if you are right or ...more

RACERX69 wrote:

Umm, you don't have to be from California to realize their liberal tax and spend habits are driving business' and people out ...more

Even though you have no idea wtf you're talking about, I wish you were right. Growing up here was awesome in the 70's and 80's until all of the assholes figured it out and moved here, too.
Hopefully the exodus continues and I'll say a prayer that they all move to Texas.... But I doubt they'd pick San Antonio for anything other than to stop and take a piss.....

|

11/25/2021 6:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2021 7:03 AM

RACERX69 wrote:

Those are 2019 numbers. California's population shrank/contracted for the first time in the history of the state last year, ...more

TannerMxer wrote:

Ooooohhh, for sure, the red states are for sure in California's penny jar because of how much they rely on California to pay ...more

The red states(besides AZ) occupying your top 10 list, since conception, have ALWAYS largely been dependent upon the federal government. Nothing new at all. Although the reasons are numerous and way more complex than political affiliation and demographics, the primary driver is lack of high income wage earners to feed the states tax base. Hence the dependency upon the feds. States like CA, TX, FL, NY, etc have an extraordinarily large number of high income wage earners per capita, and thanks to our progressive tax system, are able to better support their budgets/people. Your chart demonstrates my point quite well though, as states lose those high income earners and corporate tax bases, they in turn raise taxes and or look to the federal govt for a handout. You can't keep taxing the sh#t out of people and corporations, or they'll leave. Read up on Greece when you have some time.

Meanwhile in California...

Photo

All politics aside, hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving.

|