KTMs FUGLY front fender

Jamal#440
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2017 9:50am
All time worst looking bike body-work.

lOOks like they took the YZ platypuss fender and made it a double-decker pecker-wrecker.
|
es337
8/26/2017 8:41am
Im sorry am i missing where this thread has to do with Herlings?
davistld01
8/26/2017 8:41am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 8:42am
And to think...you wasted at least a few minutes of your young life that you'll never, ever get back posting this.
8/26/2017 8:45am
davistld01 wrote:
And to think...you wasted at least a few minutes of your young life that you'll never, ever get back posting this.
Oh the irony.
Flip109
8/26/2017 8:46am
I'll give you credit for double decker pecker wreckerLaughingLaughing

I like the KTMs tho. To me the new zooks have the worst lines of them all. Looks like shit

The Shop

Jamal#440
8/26/2017 8:50am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 8:51am
Flip109 wrote:
I'll give you credit for double decker pecker wrecker:laugh: :laugh: I like the KTMs tho. To me the new zooks have the worst lines of them...
I'll give you credit for double decker pecker wreckerLaughingLaughing

I like the KTMs tho. To me the new zooks have the worst lines of them all. Looks like shit
I like Katies too (2 strokes) besides that fender ..
newmann
8/26/2017 9:01am
What's funny is that some of the other OEM's have copied it.

Speaking of dumb, stupid looking stuff, what second grader designed the Honda graphics?

Crush
8/26/2017 9:14am
newmann wrote:
What's funny is that some of the other OEM's have copied it. Speaking of dumb, stupid looking stuff, what second grader designed the Honda graphics? [img]https://www.hondaprokevin.com/pictures/2018-crf-dirt-bikes/2018-honda-crf450r-review-specs-dirt-bike-motorcycle-motocross-race-crf-450-r-6.jpg[/img]

Speaking of dumb, stupid looking stuff, what second grader designed the Honda graphics?

I wanna say the basis for the 'CRF' shape was Trey's old mechanic a few years back...
lumpy790
8/26/2017 9:25am
Personally ... Kind of like my KTM's fender!
8/26/2017 9:30am
es337 wrote:
Im sorry am i missing where this thread has to do with Herlings?
Didn't realize Vital was now just about Herlings.

OT: I actually like the KTMs look a lot better than what they used to be.. and I agree about the Honda up there.
Brent
8/26/2017 10:03am
Looks like the drinking gets started early in Michigan...
Jamal#440
8/26/2017 10:06am
SHIT that fender is just like chics at the bar with your beer-goggles on ..
Jamal#440
8/26/2017 10:08am
F.B wrote:
[img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gzxYPSgc1bo/WL4THuMPeqI/AAAAAAAAFVo/e3oPlkWrRsghh-80q2Fjpo58IDCOYaNUQCLcB/s1600/armoured_sea_robin.jpg[/img]
Merci Misuer!
brewrabb
8/26/2017 12:38pm
F.B wrote:
[img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gzxYPSgc1bo/WL4THuMPeqI/AAAAAAAAFVo/e3oPlkWrRsghh-80q2Fjpo58IDCOYaNUQCLcB/s1600/armoured_sea_robin.jpg[/img]
WTF is that?
VxeR
8/26/2017 1:10pm
Am I missing something? It's the best fender I've ever seen
8/26/2017 1:26pm
newmann wrote:
What's funny is that some of the other OEM's have copied it. Speaking of dumb, stupid looking stuff, what second grader designed the Honda graphics? [img]https://www.hondaprokevin.com/pictures/2018-crf-dirt-bikes/2018-honda-crf450r-review-specs-dirt-bike-motorcycle-motocross-race-crf-450-r-6.jpg[/img]

Woah those Honda graphics are freshhhh
F.B
8/26/2017 2:04pm
F.B wrote:
brewrabb wrote:
WTF is that?
Grilled armoured searobin in the left picture and a 2004 KTM front fender on the right for comparison.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/26/2017 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 2:24pm
Jamal#440 wrote:

lOOks like they took the YZ platypuss fender and made it a double-decker pecker-wrecker.
Yep X2 to the OP. KTM has never figured out the front fender, along with Suzuki and Husqvarna. I'm not sure what KTMs thought is on having part of the radiator shroud unpainted black plastic. What is the point? Honda as well. Honda and Kawi have always had the best aesthetics, consequently they have sold the most bikes in the past.
8/26/2017 2:46pm
newmann wrote:

The same second grader that made Hondas OEM quality higher than everyone else.

The black area is texturized and black to allow the leather on MX knee pans to grip/squeeze better without marking up the actual graphics. Its actually a pretty decent design that no one else does.

Many people are going to cover it with monster logos and other BS but the "core Honda buyers" (aka me) would leave it stock and love having a nice looking bike in 5 years with stock plastics.
8/26/2017 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 2:56pm
F.B wrote:
Ugh
Jamal#440
8/31/2017 6:15am
newmann wrote:

The same second grader that made Hondas OEM quality higher than everyone else. The black area is texturized and black to allow the leather on MX...

The black area is texturized and black to allow the leather on MX knee pans to grip/squeeze better without marking up the actual graphics. Its actually a pretty decent design that no one else does.

Many people are going to cover it with monster logos and other BS but the "core Honda buyers" (aka me) would leave it stock and love having a nice looking bike in 5 years with stock plastics.
Thats nothing but slick sales-pitch to hide going cheap on costs. We all know thats not helping anybody grip the bike any better-unfortunately it didn't help K-roc.
When you sell your bike in 5 years its going to be a dull scraped black spot.
I do credit Honda for bringing back the red-lOOks good like a Honda should ..
yz133rider
8/31/2017 6:53am
newmann wrote:

The same second grader that made Hondas OEM quality higher than everyone else. The black area is texturized and black to allow the leather on MX...

Jamal#440 wrote:
Thats nothing but slick sales-pitch to hide going cheap on costs. We all know thats not helping anybody grip the bike any better-unfortunately it didn't help...
Thats nothing but slick sales-pitch to hide going cheap on costs. We all know thats not helping anybody grip the bike any better-unfortunately it didn't help K-roc.
When you sell your bike in 5 years its going to be a dull scraped black spot.
I do credit Honda for bringing back the red-lOOks good like a Honda should ..
Lol. Honda people are so blinded with loyalty.
BobPA
8/31/2017 8:40am
Jamal#440 wrote:

burn1986 wrote:
Yep X2 to the OP. KTM has never figured out the front fender, along with Suzuki and Husqvarna. I'm not sure what KTMs thought is on...
Yep X2 to the OP. KTM has never figured out the front fender, along with Suzuki and Husqvarna. I'm not sure what KTMs thought is on having part of the radiator shroud unpainted black plastic. What is the point? Honda as well. Honda and Kawi have always had the best aesthetics, consequently they have sold the most bikes in the past.
Aren't you the goofball who was making the claim that the manufacturer with the "best" looking front fender were selling the most units a while ago? But, your whole argument was based on YOUR personal opinion on the fenders...Get with it bro
AzTrooper
8/31/2017 8:45am
Just put a nice shiny Preston Petty Mudder on it. Problem solved Smile
John
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/31/2017 9:47am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2017 9:50am
Jamal#440 wrote:

burn1986 wrote:
Yep X2 to the OP. KTM has never figured out the front fender, along with Suzuki and Husqvarna. I'm not sure what KTMs thought is on...
BobPA wrote:
Aren't you the goofball who was making the claim that the manufacturer with the "best" looking front fender were selling the most units a while ago...
Aren't you the goofball who was making the claim that the manufacturer with the "best" looking front fender were selling the most units a while ago? But, your whole argument was based on YOUR personal opinion on the fenders...Get with it bro
Yeah, I've got opinions Moran, so what? I could go back and get sales figures and all that but why? To try and show some gripey old guy on the forum I'm right? IMO the KTM front fender could have a better shape? Would it sell more? Maybe. I'm not sure since it's already and outstanding bike and it's selling well. So is some of my theory debunked, yeah probably so. Big deal
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/31/2017 10:16am
Man if you're looking at your fender you're doing it wrong.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/31/2017 10:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Man if you're looking at your fender you're doing it wrong.
It's fine, I've moved past it. Just responding to the OP. It's just personal taste. Majoring on the minors. I'd take any of the new bikes in a heartbeat.
BobPA
8/31/2017 10:45am
burn1986 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Aren't you the goofball who was making the claim that the manufacturer with the "best" looking front fender were selling the most units a while ago...
burn1986 wrote:
Yeah, I've got opinions Moran, so what? I could go back and get sales figures and all that but why? To try and show some gripey...
Yeah, I've got opinions Moran, so what? I could go back and get sales figures and all that but why? To try and show some gripey old guy on the forum I'm right? IMO the KTM front fender could have a better shape? Would it sell more? Maybe. I'm not sure since it's already and outstanding bike and it's selling well. So is some of my theory debunked, yeah probably so. Big deal
Gripey old guy? I'll have you know I am offended, us millennials get angry over this sort of thing. That is age profiling....How dare you assume my age or gender.

Sarcasm font....I'm 30 Wink
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
8/31/2017 11:38am
I like em much better than the 2012-2015 design.

Post a reply to: KTMs FUGLY front fender

The Latest