KTM's 250 Team

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2013 5:53 AM

Okay so with Roczen and the Moose Can both possibly moving up to the big bikes for next season, it seems like KTM going out and signing Savatgy and possibly another promising rookie to ride the 250s would make sense. Who can you guys see being KTM's new 250 riders? Herlings has already said he doesnt want to, and theres going to be a big gap in KTM's development program without any 250 riders. If i were RD Sr, I would be keeping a very close eye on the Amateur scene this year.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2003 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

5/2/2013 6:04 AM

For how long is Cooper Webb signed to star racing Yamaha?

|

KX125

5/2/2013 6:04 AM

I actually don't see why Ken and Marvin should move up. KTM hasn't been a name in the 250 class for ages in the US, and now they are. Damn, stick to that. I remember RV staying around for a long time in "lites" which hasn't really been a disadvantage for him at this stage.

If someone has to move, I would get if Marvin would do it, considering he has more 250 time, and less success than Roczen, and they might fight over the same loaf of bread sticking around, while in the 450 class it's more of, who will beat RV. But both moving both up actually sounds stupid.

If I was Ken, I would for sure stick around until that 250 trophy finds it's place to his shelf...

|

5/2/2013 6:44 AM

Ken is moving up, definitely. Musquin, ama and KTM will decide.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/2/2013 6:58 AM

Cole Thompson and/or RJ Hampshire are two really good prospects for KTM.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma Sport, Works Connection, Mojo Motorsports, Ride Engineering

5/2/2013 8:05 AM

Savatgy would be an excellent pick , but i doubt that Marvin or Ken will move up

|

5/2/2013 8:24 AM

Moens_Andy wrote:

Savatgy would be an excellent pick , but i doubt that Marvin or Ken will move up

I hate to break it to you guys but if either Roczen or Musquin win their respective titles, they will be forced to move up under the current rules just like Broc Tickle was. The AMA didn't make an exception for PC and Tickle, you think they'll make one for KTM and their guys?

|

5/2/2013 8:45 AM

Moens_Andy wrote:

Shawn142 wrote:

I hate to break it to you guys but if either Roczen or Musquin win their respective titles, they will be forced to move up ...more

I'd be curious to see how Savatgy would do on the team.

Too bad Herlings won't do it. I'd love to see the guy in America.

|

5/2/2013 9:15 AM

What about Dakota Alix?

|

5/2/2013 9:20 AM

all 3 are moving up outdoors to ktm 250sx's, along with the 3 riders from tsm.

|

5/2/2013 9:26 AM

DrSweden wrote:

I actually don't see why Ken and Marvin should move up. KTM hasn't been a name in the 250 class for ages in the US, and now ...more

Huh? Villopoto did three years on a 250, which is usually the minimum. Roczen and Musquin have been on a 250 for a lot longer than that. In my opinion, this should be the last year for both of them in the 250 class. Actually, it will be if either one or both win the SX Championship.

|

5/2/2013 9:31 AM

the other
Photo
|

5/2/2013 9:34 AM

^^^^^ Yep, wouldn't be surprised to see them pull Chase Bell out of the amateurs early.

|

5/2/2013 10:03 AM

Commented on this in another thread before seeing this thread. But I'm like everyone else. I wanna see Herlings over here. Hopefully KTM $weet talk$ him into it.

|

5/2/2013 10:23 AM

Herlings will go stateside if th efim rulesr not changed !!!! As far as we heared about it he would rather ride usa than 450

|

5/2/2013 12:11 PM

DrSweden wrote:

I actually don't see why Ken and Marvin should move up. KTM hasn't been a name in the 250 class for ages in the US, and now ...more

TDeath21 wrote:

Huh? Villopoto did three years on a 250, which is usually the minimum. Roczen and Musquin have been on a 250 for a lot longer ...more

Huh to you too. Ken has been on a 250 pretty long if you consider Europe as part of that. But in the US, he doesn't hold a candle to RV. To my knowledge he just has one motocross season 2012, and his SX debute was 2011 was selected events, while going on for full 2012 both SX/MX which in my book makes this his second year.

I get how a 24 year old going from MX1 in Europe might hop up to 450 in the US right away, or after and season, but Kroc just turned 19, and RV went to 450 the year he became 21 after three seasons in the lites. For me that gives Roczen at least another season or two in the 250 class.

|

5/2/2013 12:12 PM

tk568 wrote:

What about Dakota Alix?

He needs to start winning again. If he doesn't win a title at LL's, I don't see KTM moving him to the factory bike and that goes for Chase Bell as well.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma Sport, Works Connection, Mojo Motorsports, Ride Engineering

5/2/2013 12:15 PM

If I was Roger I would be focussing on:
Savatgy
Jeremy Martin
Anderson
Herlings
Webb

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

5/2/2013 12:18 PM

Moosecan might have to move up but K-Roc could defend his title (I think), though I could be wrong.

It would be great (if K-Roc won the SX title) if he raced 250 SX and 450 MX next year.

|

5/2/2013 12:21 PM

TriRacer27 wrote:

Moosecan might have to move up but K-Roc could defend his title (I think), though I could be wrong.

It would be great (if ...more

With Roczen there's no question. This is his 3rd year in the class. Remember he came over for a few rounds in '11 and won Vegas become coming over full-time last year and getting beat by Barcia.

|

5/2/2013 12:34 PM

DrSweden wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

Huh? Villopoto did three years on a 250, which is usually the minimum. Roczen and Musquin have been on a 250 for a lot longer ...more

DrSweden wrote:

Huh to you too. Ken has been on a 250 pretty long if you consider Europe as part of that. But in the US, he doesn't hold a ...more

Roczen won't have a choice if he wins this SX Championship, unless he heads back across the pond.

|

5/2/2013 12:41 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

Roczen won't have a choice if he wins this SX Championship, unless he heads back across the pond.

What about changing coast?

|

5/2/2013 12:47 PM

DrSweden wrote:

Huh to you too. Ken has been on a 250 pretty long if you consider Europe as part of that. But in the US, he doesn't hold a ...more

TDeath21 wrote:

DrSweden wrote:

That won't work. The rule says if you've competed in three 250 SX series and won a 250 SX Championship, you must move up to the 450. He could still ride the 250 in MX. Tickle had this happen to him last year.

|

5/2/2013 12:56 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

That won't work. The rule says if you've competed in three 250 SX series and won a 250 SX Championship, you must move up to ...more

So did his 2011 deal count? I though he pulled out in favor for the GPs? What does the word compete here means?

|

5/2/2013 12:58 PM

DrSweden wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

That won't work. The rule says if you've competed in three 250 SX series and won a 250 SX Championship, you must move up to ...more

DrSweden wrote:

So did his 2011 deal count? I though he pulled out in favor for the GPs? What does the word compete here means?

This has been brought up in another thread, but it counts. The reason Musquin will get forced out of the 250 class if he wins the East title is because back in '07 he qualified for a single main as a privateer. Because of that he has technically raced 3 years of 250SX.

|

5/2/2013 1:06 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

DrSweden wrote:

Shawn142 wrote:

This has been brought up in another thread, but it counts. The reason Musquin will get forced out of the 250 class if he wins ...more

Tnx for clarifying. I get why it can be discussed, but I think it makes sense. I assume MX has different rules, which I think is good as well.

I get Roczen getting the foot in SX IF he wins this title, but if he doesn't I will totally support his decision sticking around until he gets it (for me two more season would be ok since he's so damn young and have plenty of time for all the other titles to fight for).

|

5/2/2013 2:56 PM

HenryA wrote:

For how long is Cooper Webb signed to star racing Yamaha?

I think he signed a 3 year deal in 2011 so he's free after this year,No brainer as he's still only be 18

I don't think Herlings is really into to the USA,he;s a serious threat in the 450 class and many of the tracks are good for him,he loves the 350 too wink

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

5/3/2013 2:27 AM

DrSweden wrote:

He only missed one round in 2011

|

5/3/2013 10:05 AM

It will be interesting to see if Decoster can find another Dungey.

At the moment the best viable prospects would seem like Webb, Savatgy and Martin.

|

5/3/2013 12:32 PM

Moens_Andy wrote:

Shawn142 wrote:

I hate to break it to you guys but if either Roczen or Musquin win their respective titles, they will be forced to move up ...more

IWreckALot wrote:

I'd be curious to see how Savatgy would do on the team.

Too bad Herlings won't do it. I'd love to see the guy in America.

stefan everts said " according to the rules jeffrey will have to move up to mx1 next year but we are having discussions and we'll know in the next eight weeks , if we have boring racing its not good for the sport, putting those guys together will make better racing" (meaning cairoli and jeff)
jeffrey has also said he doesnt want to move up!
sounds like we'll know what herlings is doing soon

|