KTM with flo yellow plastics?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2017 6:12 PM

So I’m looking at changing up the bike. I have factory edition shrouds, but ready for a different look. Anyone running the flo yellow plastics? I’ve seen the Acerbis, Race Tech and Polisport, but no real life pics. If you have one, please share! I’m going do do graphics on top, just want the print to match the plastics.

|

10/29/2017 6:20 PM

Photo

|

10/29/2017 6:23 PM

Photo

|

10/29/2017 6:34 PM

ewe

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

10/29/2017 8:02 PM

https://www.instagram.com/rippinruts/
Jeff Crutcher (vital member and graphics designer extraordinaire) has got some flo yellow stuff done up on his page

|

10/30/2017 12:29 AM

Don't do it. They're so ugly

|

10/30/2017 1:56 AM

Not for everyone but each to his own i say smile

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/30/2017 4:42 AM

#54 #17 #111 so sick

look at the asshat hugging his bike

|

10/30/2017 4:53 AM

When I googled it you were the first to show up, I looked through your site and saw some pretty awesome bikes.
Out of the plastic manufactures that make this color, which do you prefer?

|

10/30/2017 6:24 AM

I also make MX graphics, used a lot of RaceTech and some Acerbis, and it is not the same 'base' as the 'normal' colour plastics. Because they, I guess, have to put something into these fluorescent plastics to be so bright they are also more translucent (see-through like). They do not hold long because of the above mentioned reasons. They tend to brake sooner than the normal ones because they don't feel flexible (in terms of bending) enough after some usage.

But if you are ok with replacing, than its all good. Graphics although are pretty tricky to get for these. As many here use CMYK+++ printers you can't really get that Fluo colour out from print. So you either have to inlay fluo material in between or print on clear, or if you even can't print white you can do clear with inlay of white, which means they are usually a little more expensive.

Also you (or the designer - good designer) need to think of few things. If you have KTM with orange anodised parts (clamps, bolts, hubs, etc,) it will look pretty stupid. Most of these fluo plastics work the best with combination with black (silver) only. Even if you use Fluo orange on KTM with anodised orange part it looks stupid. I had one customer who wanted from me Fluo yellow plastics and graphics, and his KTM is full of orange KTM powerparts as well as the orange frame and it looks pretty bad IMHO.

So just pick up someone good and hopefully you will like it wink

|

10/30/2017 8:23 AM

2Fmx wrote:

I also make MX graphics, used a lot of RaceTech and some Acerbis, and it is not the same 'base' as the 'normal' colour plastics. Because they, I guess, have to put something into these fluorescent plastics to be so bright they are also more translucent (see-through like). They do not hold long because of the above mentioned reasons. They tend to brake sooner than the normal ones because they don't feel flexible (in terms of bending) enough after some usage.

But if you are ok with replacing, than its all good. Graphics although are pretty tricky to get for these. As many here use CMYK+++ printers you can't really get that Fluo colour out from print. So you either have to inlay fluo material in between or print on clear, or if you even can't print white you can do clear with inlay of white, which means they are usually a little more expensive.

Also you (or the designer - good designer) need to think of few things. If you have KTM with orange anodised parts (clamps, bolts, hubs, etc,) it will look pretty stupid. Most of these fluo plastics work the best with combination with black (silver) only. Even if you use Fluo orange on KTM with anodised orange part it looks stupid. I had one customer who wanted from me Fluo yellow plastics and graphics, and his KTM is full of orange KTM powerparts as well as the orange frame and it looks pretty bad IMHO.

So just pick up someone good and hopefully you will like it wink

If you use a thermal transfer printer (Gerber/Summa, Etc.) to make them you'd have access to colours outside the CMYK+++ range.

The only place I know of personally that uses a machine like that is Lime9, but I believe they're limited in the sizes they can produce of of it. Also printing continuous tones like a photograph don't come out nearly as nice as a CMYK (inkjet) based printer.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

10/30/2017 9:14 AM

No no no no no noooo.. Ugly as balls on every bke.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

10/30/2017 9:17 AM

I think of you're going to rock that color, you've got to be able to ride. Otherwise, it's kind of Spode. Some of those are garage princesses.

|

Motorcrosser

10/30/2017 9:19 AM

2Fmx wrote:

I also make MX graphics, used a lot of RaceTech and some Acerbis, and it is not the same 'base' as the 'normal' colour plastics. Because they, I guess, have to put something into these fluorescent plastics to be so bright they are also more translucent (see-through like). They do not hold long because of the above mentioned reasons. They tend to brake sooner than the normal ones because they don't feel flexible (in terms of bending) enough after some usage.

But if you are ok with replacing, than its all good. Graphics although are pretty tricky to get for these. As many here use CMYK+++ printers you can't really get that Fluo colour out from print. So you either have to inlay fluo material in between or print on clear, or if you even can't print white you can do clear with inlay of white, which means they are usually a little more expensive.

Also you (or the designer - good designer) need to think of few things. If you have KTM with orange anodised parts (clamps, bolts, hubs, etc,) it will look pretty stupid. Most of these fluo plastics work the best with combination with black (silver) only. Even if you use Fluo orange on KTM with anodised orange part it looks stupid. I had one customer who wanted from me Fluo yellow plastics and graphics, and his KTM is full of orange KTM powerparts as well as the orange frame and it looks pretty bad IMHO.

So just pick up someone good and hopefully you will like it wink

Rooster wrote:

If you use a thermal transfer printer (Gerber/Summa, Etc.) to make them you'd have access to colours outside the CMYK+++ range.

The only place I know of personally that uses a machine like that is Lime9, but I believe they're limited in the sizes they can produce of of it. Also printing continuous tones like a photograph don't come out nearly as nice as a CMYK (inkjet) based printer.

Yes you are right, I didn't mention Thermal because there are very limited companies using them especially start-ups like myself as they are quite expensive smile

I think in States there are few companies doing thermal transfer printing or maybe they just have the cmyk process and inlaying so spot on that there is difficult to notice smile

There is also better chance to get second-hand thermal printer in US than in Europe unfortunately sad

I also do not mention screen print as an option as this is totally out of consideration if talking about reasonable price point of our graphics..

|

10/30/2017 9:25 AM

Fearo wrote:

No no no no no noooo.. Ugly as balls on every bke.

This

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

10/30/2017 4:38 PM

2Fmx wrote:

I also make MX graphics, used a lot of RaceTech and some Acerbis, and it is not the same 'base' as the 'normal' colour plastics. Because they, I guess, have to put something into these fluorescent plastics to be so bright they are also more translucent (see-through like). They do not hold long because of the above mentioned reasons. They tend to brake sooner than the normal ones because they don't feel flexible (in terms of bending) enough after some usage.

But if you are ok with replacing, than its all good. Graphics although are pretty tricky to get for these. As many here use CMYK+++ printers you can't really get that Fluo colour out from print. So you either have to inlay fluo material in between or print on clear, or if you even can't print white you can do clear with inlay of white, which means they are usually a little more expensive.

Also you (or the designer - good designer) need to think of few things. If you have KTM with orange anodised parts (clamps, bolts, hubs, etc,) it will look pretty stupid. Most of these fluo plastics work the best with combination with black (silver) only. Even if you use Fluo orange on KTM with anodised orange part it looks stupid. I had one customer who wanted from me Fluo yellow plastics and graphics, and his KTM is full of orange KTM powerparts as well as the orange frame and it looks pretty bad IMHO.

So just pick up someone good and hopefully you will like it wink

Luckily I have a 17 so I have the black frame. Not any orange aftermarket stuff, minus a orange chainring. I haven’t heard that about the plastics, I did look at a set and they seemed pretty durable to me but I’ve never owned any. I’m not going crazy with the flo in the graphics, only thing you’ll mostly see is the front fender and the inside of the rear. Just wanting something different other than orange.
The person doing them has done some for me before and matches the plastics almost perfectly. I feel pretty good about him getting it done right.

|

10/30/2017 4:42 PM

sick sick sick
|