KTM with Red Plastic

Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 9:34am
These comments are OLD. Let us be excited about a new brand/team.

I wish GasGas the best and look forward to their future!
|
Spode
11/10/2020 10:10pm
It is a red KTM with gasgas sticker
OT
Fantasy
3059th
11/11/2020 4:09am
Not really a new team though, is it? They haven't created any new factory rides for riders in need of one, just rebranded old teams.

Would've been cool to add a whole new Red Bull GasGas team, and added 3/4 extra factory rides for riders.

The Shop

11/11/2020 4:13am
Look like the new General Motors of the dirt bike industry !
Francis377
11/11/2020 7:44am

But the brand isn't new and neither is the team. Let us just call a spade a spade. It isn't all negative, GasGas buyers know they can buy the new bike without having to worry about what the bike can do and how it will hold up because it is a KTM.
jonesaustin
11/11/2020 7:55am
it’s different cosmetically and imo the best looking dirt bike in a decade
beamer
11/11/2020 8:10am
I mean, its a KTM with red plastic, No??
rbm33
Fantasy
1947th
11/11/2020 8:16am

Exactly! KTM could have let GasGas fail financially, countless people would have most likely lost their jobs and there would be one less offering in the the dirt bike world. Instead KTM saved the company and the jobs while expanding their product offering and all the vitards want to do is complain and cry because its "just a red ktm".
TeamFlannel
11/11/2020 8:32am

rbm33 wrote:
Exactly! KTM could have let GasGas fail financially, countless people would have most likely lost their jobs and there would be one less offering in the...
Exactly! KTM could have let GasGas fail financially, countless people would have most likely lost their jobs and there would be one less offering in the the dirt bike world. Instead KTM saved the company and the jobs while expanding their product offering and all the vitards want to do is complain and cry because its "just a red ktm".
They (KTM) DID let them fail, and those people DID lose their jobs though.
Until this company took over the reins
https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/10/article/2021-rieju-mr300-pro-hard-end…
This is the real Gas Gas right here, SO Yeah
It's a KTM with red plastic. Which looks really kitchen btw, but just like Indian they just bought the name.
Francis377
11/11/2020 8:34am

rbm33 wrote:
Exactly! KTM could have let GasGas fail financially, countless people would have most likely lost their jobs and there would be one less offering in the...
I don't think anyone is upset about KTM investing in the sport. But you are making a great point about the jobs at GasGas and this is something I would really like to know if anybody has some insight. What is the plan going forward with the production facilities in Girona, Spain. Will they continue to build the trials bikes there? I believe the reason they were sold in the first place was because they were struggling to make ends meet. If they were about to go down and now they can keep that facility running then they did get saved. I cannot find any information about this, maybe it's still unclear anyways.
rbm33
Fantasy
1947th
11/11/2020 8:43am

rbm33 wrote:
They (KTM) DID let them fail, and those people DID lose their jobs though. Until this company took over the reins https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/10/article/2021-rieju-mr300-pro-hard-enduro-first-look/ This is the real...
It's a KTM with red plastic. Which looks really kitchen btw, but just like Indian they just bought the name.
i believe KTM bought the name along with the trials bike division. i have owned many GasGas bikes and all have performed almost flawlessly other than carrying a few extra pounds. I would love to get my hands on a Rieju.
11/11/2020 9:37am
At least KTM/GG/Husky are investing in the sport. Lots of rides 250/450 provided by these teams. Some brands are throwing out the minimum with barely any riders on the track... Looking at you Suzuki.
Johnny Ringo
11/11/2020 10:33am
At least KTM/GG/Husky are investing in the sport. Lots of rides 250/450 provided by these teams. Some brands are throwing out the minimum with barely any...
At least KTM/GG/Husky are investing in the sport. Lots of rides 250/450 provided by these teams. Some brands are throwing out the minimum with barely any riders on the track... Looking at you Suzuki.
You could argue the GasGas move cost a couple bikes on the track, not adding
Shawn142
11/11/2020 1:28pm
You're looking at a net loss of 1 bike on track far as I can see.
11/11/2020 2:25pm
Hope they add a yellow bike also for 2022. Would prefer Suzuki stay or Yamaha go back to their roots but both are less likely.
Johnny Ringo
11/12/2020 4:38am
Shawn142 wrote:
You're looking at a net loss of 1 bike on track far as I can see.
Exactly. One less ride
Press516
Fantasy
90th
11/12/2020 6:13am
rbm33 wrote:
They (KTM) DID let them fail, and those people DID lose their jobs though. Until this company took over the reins https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/10/article/2021-rieju-mr300-pro-hard-enduro-first-look/ This is the real...
rbm33 wrote:
i believe KTM bought the name along with the trials bike division. i have owned many GasGas bikes and all have performed almost flawlessly other than...
i believe KTM bought the name along with the trials bike division. i have owned many GasGas bikes and all have performed almost flawlessly other than carrying a few extra pounds. I would love to get my hands on a Rieju.
In stock now... Here in AZ.
11/12/2020 7:01am
OT wrote:
Not really a new team though, is it? They haven't created any new factory rides for riders in need of one, just rebranded old teams. Would've...
Not really a new team though, is it? They haven't created any new factory rides for riders in need of one, just rebranded old teams.

Would've been cool to add a whole new Red Bull GasGas team, and added 3/4 extra factory rides for riders.
On the other hand... How can we expect an outright expansion this year? Teams are folding left and right, and companies are bleeding. Lets be very happy the amount of rides remain the same from KTM, and hopefully they can expand in a year or two when this shit is over...
OT
Fantasy
3059th
11/12/2020 8:57am
OT wrote:
Not really a new team though, is it? They haven't created any new factory rides for riders in need of one, just rebranded old teams. Would've...

KTMmarkus wrote:
On the other hand... How can we expect an outright expansion this year? Teams are folding left and right, and companies are bleeding. Lets be very...
On the other hand... How can we expect an outright expansion this year? Teams are folding left and right, and companies are bleeding. Lets be very happy the amount of rides remain the same from KTM, and hopefully they can expand in a year or two when this shit is over...
Oh for sure. I was just responding to OP's reference to their being a new team / more rides. KTM have done great things for our sport.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
11/12/2020 10:59am
Gained a 450 spot, but lost 2 250 spots?
RMT
11/12/2020 11:28am
How long before they buy this name and drop a green one?

Digger29
11/13/2020 6:08am
I got a GasGas 450 on Monday and it's actually pretty cool looking. Totally redesigned plastic with the fork guards being the only shared piece. The engine cases are raw and not painted which I love. The bike actually looks better in person than it does in pics which is generally not the case. I've been building it since Tuesday and that is without a doubt my favorite part... :-)
Dimblewambie
11/13/2020 7:52am
Digger29 wrote:
I got a GasGas 450 on Monday and it's actually pretty cool looking. Totally redesigned plastic with the fork guards being the only shared piece. The...
I got a GasGas 450 on Monday and it's actually pretty cool looking. Totally redesigned plastic with the fork guards being the only shared piece. The engine cases are raw and not painted which I love. The bike actually looks better in person than it does in pics which is generally not the case. I've been building it since Tuesday and that is without a doubt my favorite part... :-)
Pics or you bought a 2019 KTM from Lymegate.
Meister
11/13/2020 9:34am
Digger29 wrote:
I got a GasGas 450 on Monday and it's actually pretty cool looking. Totally redesigned plastic with the fork guards being the only shared piece. The...
Did you ride it in stock trim? I'm getting tired of waiting for a Honda, so the other red is tempting. I can snag one for a bit less than a Honda too.

You helped me with a fire breather 15 250sx, so I definitely value your opinion..
Digger29
11/13/2020 10:29am
Digger29 wrote:
Meister wrote:
Did you ride it in stock trim? I'm getting tired of waiting for a Honda, so the other red is tempting. I can snag one for...
Did you ride it in stock trim? I'm getting tired of waiting for a Honda, so the other red is tempting. I can snag one for a bit less than a Honda too.

You helped me with a fire breather 15 250sx, so I definitely value your opinion..
I didn't ride it but it's just a red KTM so I figured what the heck lets be different this yr and it was 2k cheaper than a new Rockstar 450 so there's that. Working on it as we speak and will hopefully ride it tomorrow.

mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
11/13/2020 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2020 1:50pm
So are the plastics the same as KTM just red or are they actually different. I don't really pay attention to them so i'm not well up on the finer details, Kind of look same but might be small differences. They look good though.
11/13/2020 2:34pm
mx_phreek wrote:
So are the plastics the same as KTM just red or are they actually different. I don't really pay attention to them so i'm not well...
So are the plastics the same as KTM just red or are they actually different. I don't really pay attention to them so i'm not well up on the finer details, Kind of look same but might be small differences. They look good though.
they're 100% different
Ingjr1
11/13/2020 2:51pm
RMT wrote:
How long before they buy this name and drop a green one? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/12/458873/s1200_puch.jpg[/img]

I'm holding out for the KTM/Monark.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
11/13/2020 3:08pm
RMT wrote:
How long before they buy this name and drop a green one? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/12/458873/s1200_puch.jpg[/img]

Ingjr1 wrote:
I'm holding out for the KTM/Monark.
I think the KTM Ancillotti will be along soon. It's already got the KTM motor in it...

Post a reply to: KTM with Red Plastic

The Latest