KTM to dominate in USA

mxgeoff
1/15/2012 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:08am
It is already clear this team is THE team in the paddock? The only REAL Factory team in the World of MX/SX. Man, look for them to have guys like Villopoto, Wilson and other leading AMA riders in the near future. WORLD DOMINATION!!!! There isn't a team in the World can compete with them in the premier class.
|
dirtnapper
1/15/2012 1:20pm
Uummmm..............you serious?
Barrett57
1/15/2012 1:21pm
easy, they've won a 450 main.

Still a bit to go before world domination.
sharkey
i cant believe it took him this long to post
chrisbuehler
I cant believe you waited so long to start this thread

The Shop

chrisbuehler
1/15/2012 1:22pm
sharkey wrote:
HAHA! Beat me by a sec
AUS_Twisted
1/15/2012 1:22pm
Davild Bailey commented about KTM awhile back saying they will become the Honda of the 80's, they are putting more into it then anyone else on a overall scale. KTM's bike range says it all really
machine
1/15/2012 1:23pm
Yes he is. He will never miss an opportunity to create a USA vs the world pissing match.
RaceFace
1/15/2012 1:25pm
mxgeoff wrote:
It is already clear this team is THE team in the paddock? The only REAL Factory team in the World of MX/SX. Man, look for them...
It is already clear this team is THE team in the paddock? The only REAL Factory team in the World of MX/SX. Man, look for them to have guys like Villopoto, Wilson and other leading AMA riders in the near future. WORLD DOMINATION!!!! There isn't a team in the World can compete with them in the premier class.
Are they considered the only real factory team because Dungey and Roger have to go back to work on Monday assembling new 450s to meet the homologation rule?
EvanR127
1/15/2012 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 1:30pm
Once KTM wins a title in the USA then they will dominate the market place!
(KTM) 28 bike range vs (Yamaha)12 bike range.........hmmmmm
1/15/2012 1:27pm
Davild Bailey commented about KTM awhile back saying they will become the Honda of the 80's, they are putting more into it then anyone else on...
Davild Bailey commented about KTM awhile back saying they will become the Honda of the 80's, they are putting more into it then anyone else on a overall scale. KTM's bike range says it all really
I think it's just a matter of time
mxgeoff
Barrett57 wrote:
easy, they've won a 450 main.

Still a bit to go before world domination.
I said TO not NOW!!! They have more money than any other team in the paddock and more passion. It's an obvious it will happen in America just like it did in Europe. They are so much stronger than any team in Europe it isn't even a competition.
jeffro503
I dig RD and the other RD "The man".........but Jesus Christ Geoff......they won their very fist 450 main last night..........instant domination?

You guys have some great weed over there I see. Holy cow.
dirtnapper
1/15/2012 1:28pm
sharkey wrote:
Who is MXGeoff?

For those of us who don't know?
Sherwood
1/15/2012 1:30pm
We have a couple teams in America that aren't going to make it as easy as it was in the GP's.
mxgeoff
1/15/2012 1:30pm
I was at my girlfriends all weekend, hahahaha. It's a given though, to have a SX win this quickly is just amazing. They might not even get the SX or MX title this year, but word through the pits will around, they ARE the team to be in for riders, mechanics, and anyone else. They have the money to get any rider they want and even this result by Dungey will bring their sales up. Once the sales rise they will use that money to get World Domination. Mark my words.
Sherwood
1/15/2012 1:31pm
mxgeoff wrote:
I was at my girlfriends all weekend, hahahaha. It's a given though, to have a SX win this quickly is just amazing. They might not even...
I was at my girlfriends all weekend, hahahaha. It's a given though, to have a SX win this quickly is just amazing. They might not even get the SX or MX title this year, but word through the pits will around, they ARE the team to be in for riders, mechanics, and anyone else. They have the money to get any rider they want and even this result by Dungey will bring their sales up. Once the sales rise they will use that money to get World Domination. Mark my words.
Maybe the pits in Europe...
R-acer
1/15/2012 1:31pm
LOL 1 lucky win because the faster guys had a bad race, and now ktm is headed for world domination? LMAO
mxgeoff
1/15/2012 1:33pm
Sherwood wrote:
We have a couple teams in America that aren't going to make it as easy as it was in the GP's.
No doubt, Pro Circuit in Lites, but who in the premier class can compete with them. Seems to me like in Europe teams are struggling at the moment. Man, KTM are just going from strength to strength, bike sales are rising at an alarming rate and their goal is to build their sales on race results. Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda are all pulling money out of the sport, KTM are only putting more in.
sharkey
1/15/2012 1:33pm
well maybe they will will actually make a bike thats affordable and have dealerships that have parts for them. thats what pisses me off the most about those bikes. my kid races 65 and they own that class but any time you need a part or something its a big pain in the ass. they are so specialized which is cool in some ways and bad in others. who would pay $5100 for a 2012 65. thats nuts when a yz 85 is $3500
Sherwood
1/15/2012 1:35pm
Sherwood wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
No doubt, Pro Circuit in Lites, but who in the premier class can compete with them. Seems to me like in Europe teams are struggling at...
No doubt, Pro Circuit in Lites, but who in the premier class can compete with them. Seems to me like in Europe teams are struggling at the moment. Man, KTM are just going from strength to strength, bike sales are rising at an alarming rate and their goal is to build their sales on race results. Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda are all pulling money out of the sport, KTM are only putting more in.
You really don't believe this stuff right? I mean you only do it to get a reaction?
1/15/2012 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 3:36pm
WOW... just...

WOW.

I didn't know they sold over ambitious knee jerk reactions over there. I wonder what's going to happen when Ken or Marvin win? Grinning
EvanR127
1/15/2012 1:39pm
sharkey wrote:
well maybe they will will actually make a bike thats affordable and have dealerships that have parts for them. thats what pisses me off the most...
well maybe they will will actually make a bike thats affordable and have dealerships that have parts for them. thats what pisses me off the most about those bikes. my kid races 65 and they own that class but any time you need a part or something its a big pain in the ass. they are so specialized which is cool in some ways and bad in others. who would pay $5100 for a 2012 65. thats nuts when a yz 85 is $3500
Maybe if u didn't live in a barn then u could get parts. IMO its called motosport u get parts in 2-3 days.....

I will agree that the mini bikes of todays time are crazy expensive. Whats even crazier is the fact that people are actually willing to pay that much!
mxgeoff
1/15/2012 1:40pm
Sherwood wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
No doubt, Pro Circuit in Lites, but who in the premier class can compete with them. Seems to me like in Europe teams are struggling at...
Sherwood wrote:
You really don't believe this stuff right? I mean you only do it to get a reaction?
Well the reaction is the cream on the top, I will admit that. Nothing more enjoyable to see the yanks react with such passion!!! Hahahaha.

Unless the American economy changes in a hurry, which is isn't and won't, then how can KTM not dominate. As somebody said, David Bailey said team KTM will be the Honda team of the 80's. Anyone who knows the sport agrees with Bailey. I did a story on KTM three years ago about their goal to domination in Europe in the near future. Both Beirer and Everts said their goal was to be like HRC in Europe in the 80's and that is what they are right now.
moto282
1/15/2012 1:42pm
mxgeoff wrote:
It is already clear this team is THE team in the paddock? The only REAL Factory team in the World of MX/SX. Man, look for them...

*Whoever made the poster can't spell... but you get the point.
mxgeoff
1/15/2012 1:45pm
sharkey wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Who is MXGeoff?

For those of us who don't know?
He is a wanker and only comes here to cause trouble. Ignore him.
Sherwood
1/15/2012 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 1:51pm
mxgeoff wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Well the reaction is the cream on the top, I will admit that. Nothing more enjoyable to see the yanks react with such passion!!! Hahahaha. Unless...
Well the reaction is the cream on the top, I will admit that. Nothing more enjoyable to see the yanks react with such passion!!! Hahahaha.

Unless the American economy changes in a hurry, which is isn't and won't, then how can KTM not dominate. As somebody said, David Bailey said team KTM will be the Honda team of the 80's. Anyone who knows the sport agrees with Bailey. I did a story on KTM three years ago about their goal to domination in Europe in the near future. Both Beirer and Everts said their goal was to be like HRC in Europe in the 80's and that is what they are right now.
In Europe they are.

Here we have teams that compete from a technology and monetary level equal to KTM.

In such a terrible economy we have more teams than ever before and these team have big financial backing. JGR, L&Mc Honda CR 22, Kawsaki, Honda etc etc. Teams like PC are also looking to get in to the 450 class.

Europe shouldn't be confused with America.
Faceaz
1/15/2012 1:48pm
Shit, there goes rooting for the underdog. How is Cannondale or Hodaka doing, need to find someone new to root for. LOL

Seriously, IMO this win means nearly as much as a championship. Look at the money they had to throw @ Dungey to sign him. I garuntee allot of that was due to KTM being unproven in the SX Class. Now they have a bike that has proven to be on par with the competition. That will make it so much easier to sign other top talent. People like Wilson, Rattray, Barcia & Tomac would be silly to not give KTM serious consideration, back up one year ago & they weren't worth a second look.
1/15/2012 1:54pm
I don't think villo is leaving kawi anytime soon, so I don't foresee DOMINATION anytime in the next few years. I do think they will be a strong team winning races and contending for championships

Post a reply to: KTM to dominate in USA

The Latest