Max Markolf quit because of KTM

5/7/2020 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 10:17pm

Would love to hear both sides of the story...

Quick background:

- MM was an amateur prospect
- Rode for RM ATV MC KTM
- Had a big social media following during those times
- One day he disappeared off the face of the planet (late-2017)
- Comes back with this post
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/7/2020 3:58pm
Oh boy... Don't really know what to say about that. Good for him though for finding something he enjoys outside of moto.
kkawboy14
5/7/2020 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2020 4:17pm
Skydive instructor? That is a thing?

“Hey you see that little ring on the end of that string pull it in a couple seconds after I push you out.....” 😂
xrmark
5/7/2020 4:31pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Skydive instructor? That is a thing? “Hey you see that little ring on the end of that string pull it in a couple seconds after I...

“Hey you see that little ring on the end of that string pull it in a couple seconds after I push you out.....” 😂
You can't just pay the money and jump. You go through a couple hours of training and then you go up with the instructor. Have to jump a few times with harnessed up to the instructor in order to jump a lone. If you've ever been to an indoor skydive place you would know why they need instructors. Its not easy to do.
Brent
5/7/2020 4:32pm
Never heard of this kid, He stopped racing almost three years ago? Sounds like he had some issues.

I'm not sure of the discrepancy, his employer asked him to perform a task and he did not. Didn't sound like his heart was in racing anyway, if it was he would have just gotten another bike and kept going.

The Shop

5/7/2020 4:36pm
Brent wrote:
Never heard of this kid, He stopped racing almost three years ago? Sounds like he had some issues. I'm not sure of the discrepancy, his employer...
Never heard of this kid, He stopped racing almost three years ago? Sounds like he had some issues.

I'm not sure of the discrepancy, his employer asked him to perform a task and he did not. Didn't sound like his heart was in racing anyway, if it was he would have just gotten another bike and kept going.
He got sued. That probably soaked up any of his budget.
JustMX
5/7/2020 6:13pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Skydive instructor? That is a thing? “Hey you see that little ring on the end of that string pull it in a couple seconds after I...

Well, it has its ups and downs.........

Like an old heavy equipment operator told me after I watched him slide down a steep sloop before he hooked back up about 3/4 of the way down.

"It isn't the slide that ever bothers me. It is the sudden stop at the bottom"

FWYT
5/7/2020 6:29pm
I'm sure there is at least another side to this. Maybe two more.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
5/7/2020 9:25pm
He was a talented kid with a bright future in racing, but at the end of the day I respect his decision to pursue other things in life if his heart wasn't 100% dedicated to it. There's nothing wrong with that. Good on you, Max! There's more to life than just racing and he seems like a smart enough kid to see that.
t_baum88
5/7/2020 9:44pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

No, the indoor ones where you can take kids in and stuff.. One of my coolest memories as a kid was going to where they filmed Nitro Circus, there was only 2 or 3 in the country at the time. I was probably 9 or 10 and told the instructor I raced and how I watched this place on Nitro and had to come check it out (it's in Vegas).

He helped me for a little while and after I was relatively comfortable he was bringing me to the top and dropping me down and doing the cool stuff I had seen and also just letting me go and doing whatever I wanted. For a kid it doesn't get much cooler than that.

But about Max, he is a badass kid. And he doesn't care about what anyone on Vital is going to say about him so either save your time or fire away I guess.
BobPA
5/7/2020 10:10pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

t_baum88 wrote:
No, the indoor ones where you can take kids in and stuff.. One of my coolest memories as a kid was going to where they filmed...
No, the indoor ones where you can take kids in and stuff.. One of my coolest memories as a kid was going to where they filmed Nitro Circus, there was only 2 or 3 in the country at the time. I was probably 9 or 10 and told the instructor I raced and how I watched this place on Nitro and had to come check it out (it's in Vegas).

He helped me for a little while and after I was relatively comfortable he was bringing me to the top and dropping me down and doing the cool stuff I had seen and also just letting me go and doing whatever I wanted. For a kid it doesn't get much cooler than that.

But about Max, he is a badass kid. And he doesn't care about what anyone on Vital is going to say about him so either save your time or fire away I guess.
Well he cares enough to post on a (huge) social media platform. Clearly he wants someone to be talking about it.
t_baum88
5/7/2020 10:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2020 10:29pm
BobPA wrote:
Well he cares enough to post on a (huge) social media platform. Clearly he wants someone to be talking about it.
Exactly, the people that followed him on social media. Not Vital! I didn't say he didn't want people to talk. I said he doesn't care about what people on Vital think.

Reading. Comprehension.
ts.p311
5/8/2020 3:08am
kkawboy14 wrote:

You're like those people who say you don't need to be in good physical fitness to ride motocross because you just sit there and twist the throttle.
kkawboy14
5/8/2020 3:23am
kkawboy14 wrote:

JustMX wrote:
Well, it has its ups and downs......... Like an old heavy equipment operator told me after I watched him slide down a steep sloop before he...
Well, it has its ups and downs.........

Like an old heavy equipment operator told me after I watched him slide down a steep sloop before he hooked back up about 3/4 of the way down.

"It isn't the slide that ever bothers me. It is the sudden stop at the bottom"

😂

Professionals make everything look easy! I’m way to old to step out of an airplane, but it’s pretty cool to learn there are people making money doing things you would never think of as a business.
APLMAN99
5/8/2020 5:49am
Not sure why (maybe the times we live in), but when I read “fitness test” my first thought was that KTM wanted some fluid for testing. The lawsuit part made me think it even more. As in, perhaps KTM conducts their own testing program and if you don’t respond to a request within the given time frame, they consider it a “positive”.

Hopefully this actually has nothing to do with that and it’s just my imagination, but the lawsuit part seems bizarre without it having to do with something like that.
5/8/2020 5:57am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not sure why (maybe the times we live in), but when I read “fitness test” my first thought was that KTM wanted some fluid for testing...
Not sure why (maybe the times we live in), but when I read “fitness test” my first thought was that KTM wanted some fluid for testing. The lawsuit part made me think it even more. As in, perhaps KTM conducts their own testing program and if you don’t respond to a request within the given time frame, they consider it a “positive”.

Hopefully this actually has nothing to do with that and it’s just my imagination, but the lawsuit part seems bizarre without it having to do with something like that.
out of competition tests will just be a knock at the door and youre asked to piss in a cup. Sounds more like a breach of contract obligations and miscommunication....
APLMAN99
5/8/2020 6:06am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not sure why (maybe the times we live in), but when I read “fitness test” my first thought was that KTM wanted some fluid for testing...

out of competition tests will just be a knock at the door and youre asked to piss in a cup. Sounds more like a breach of...
out of competition tests will just be a knock at the door and youre asked to piss in a cup. Sounds more like a breach of contract obligations and miscommunication....
I’m not talking about “official” WADA testing, I’m wondering about KTM in-house testing.

KTM/Red Bull seems to be pretty involved in the physical part of their riders programs. I posted quite a while ago about their hiring of a doctor who had been found guilty of doping athletes. I DON’T think that they intentionally dope their athletes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did their own in-house testing to try to avoid any appearance of it either.

Could explain why they were so cut and dry with the Tickle situation also.

Just to be clear, I’m not insinuating that this young racer was doping at all. Just spitballing as to why the “fitness test” miss was worthy of termination and a lawsuit.
BobPA
5/8/2020 6:08am
BobPA wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
Exactly, the people that followed him on social media. Not Vital! I didn't say he didn't want people to talk. I said he doesn't care about...
Exactly, the people that followed him on social media. Not Vital! I didn't say he didn't want people to talk. I said he doesn't care about what people on Vital think.

Reading. Comprehension.
That is your defense? C'mon bro, that is weak sauce at best. The kid posted it for the public to see, regardless of the platform.

You are trying to talk down upon Vital members, whilst simultaneously posting on Vital...Open mouth, insert foot.
Mr. Afterbar
5/8/2020 6:12am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I’m not talking about “official” WADA testing, I’m wondering about KTM in-house testing. KTM/Red Bull seems to be pretty involved in the physical part of their...
I’m not talking about “official” WADA testing, I’m wondering about KTM in-house testing.

KTM/Red Bull seems to be pretty involved in the physical part of their riders programs. I posted quite a while ago about their hiring of a doctor who had been found guilty of doping athletes. I DON’T think that they intentionally dope their athletes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did their own in-house testing to try to avoid any appearance of it either.

Just to be clear, I’m not insinuating that this young racer was doping at all. Just spitballing as to why the “fitness test” miss was worthy of termination and a lawsuit.
It wasn’t worthy of termination and a lawsuit. That’s why he won.
t_baum88
5/8/2020 6:35am
BobPA wrote:
That is your defense? C'mon bro, that is weak sauce at best. The kid posted it for the public to see, regardless of the platform. You...
That is your defense? C'mon bro, that is weak sauce at best. The kid posted it for the public to see, regardless of the platform.

You are trying to talk down upon Vital members, whilst simultaneously posting on Vital...Open mouth, insert foot.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Don’t bro me.

Was actually just trying to save Vital members some time. Was very community rich of me thank you very much!!
RonJon
5/8/2020 7:08am
Brent wrote:
Never heard of this kid, He stopped racing almost three years ago? Sounds like he had some issues. I'm not sure of the discrepancy, his employer...

He got fired and subsequently sued. Being in litigation for breach of contract would have effectively barred him or at least hurt his chances for riding for another team or taking any kind of comp to race. No one is going to sponsor someone with the risk of getting sued as well.
5/8/2020 7:17am
I seriously doubt he quit because of KTM. Sounds to me like his heart wasn’t in it. Better to give that coveted spot to someone who wants it.
brapgod69
5/8/2020 7:39am
How old is he? KTM trying to sue a 16-18 year old over a fitness test? Ok..
5/8/2020 7:40am
I've heard some pretty wild shit about his dad down at ClubMX..
APLMAN99
5/8/2020 8:27am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I’m not talking about “official” WADA testing, I’m wondering about KTM in-house testing. KTM/Red Bull seems to be pretty involved in the physical part of their...

It wasn’t worthy of termination and a lawsuit. That’s why he won.
Obviously I was talking about from KTM’s viewpoint. Hard to say without really any details to go on.
Kyle978
5/8/2020 8:39am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 8:40am
When my company requests my presence, it’s going to take pretty extreme circumstances to keep me from being there.

And if I can absolutely not attend, there will be a lot of communication and understanding as to why I am not.

I know a lot of the KTM people, they are a VERY understanding and flexible group. Something tells me there was a parent steering this decision.
mb60
5/8/2020 10:16pm
In the latest video with Kaleb Russel he is riding at his track still on a KTM.

Post a reply to: Max Markolf quit because of KTM

The Latest