KTM giving the Husqvarna side some design freedom in 2015....

Edited Date/Time 5/8/2014 12:20pm
From what I understand, the 2015 stuff from KTM is going to be all new, and they are taking the leash of the Husqvarna design team.

Anyone know anything about this? Manny Ornelas? I am looking into the Husky 300 banger, but may wait until the 2015 drops.

|
5/7/2014 8:49am
I heard that the current Husky design was going to be the 15/16 KTM design......but that be just a load of rubbish.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
5/7/2014 8:54am
Glad to see they are running the shorty silencer
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
5/7/2014 9:11am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 9:13am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Glad to see they are running the shorty silencer
Yea, the long one would be ugly as hell. Haha

Reminds me of my old 1989 ktm125 that had the huge silencer and then a sparky clamped on the end. Thing was like 7 feet long haha

The Shop

nytsmaC
5/7/2014 9:13am
It would be nice to see, but from what I've heard 2015 won't be much different from 2014, and we'll have to wait a little longer for Husky to find more of its own identity.
5/7/2014 9:18am
nytsmaC wrote:
It would be nice to see, but from what I've heard 2015 won't be much different from 2014, and we'll have to wait a little longer...
It would be nice to see, but from what I've heard 2015 won't be much different from 2014, and we'll have to wait a little longer for Husky to find more of its own identity.
That bike pictured is a euro-spec model where they have pretty strict 95 dB limits for all tracks. It's actually not much bigger than what the YZ250 has been coming with for the last 3-4 years.

Hey NastyCam, where are you getting your TMs? is it a canadian dealer, or are you bringing them north from Motoman West? you get them directly from Flanagan or whoever is importing them?

I hear they will valve/spring your suspension from the factory for the purchaser. Any online retailers doing TM parts?
nytsmaC
5/7/2014 9:39am
nytsmaC wrote:
It would be nice to see, but from what I've heard 2015 won't be much different from 2014, and we'll have to wait a little longer...
That bike pictured is a euro-spec model where they have pretty strict 95 dB limits for all tracks. It's actually not much bigger than what the...
That bike pictured is a euro-spec model where they have pretty strict 95 dB limits for all tracks. It's actually not much bigger than what the YZ250 has been coming with for the last 3-4 years.

Hey NastyCam, where are you getting your TMs? is it a canadian dealer, or are you bringing them north from Motoman West? you get them directly from Flanagan or whoever is importing them?

I hear they will valve/spring your suspension from the factory for the purchaser. Any online retailers doing TM parts?
I bought them from Barker Bros, the TM distributor in Canada who lives just a couple of hours away. You can specify your size/weight/skill when ordering a TM and they will built to suit, my 144 came with a 5.2kg shock spring while the 250 came with a 5.0. I'd custom ordered the 144 while the 250 was a regular stock order. I'm assuming it has heavier fork springs to match, perhaps a different oil viscosity/level and shim stack but I couldn't say for sure.

If you do a custom order you can pick between Marzocchis and KYB's, triple clamp offsets, solid or rubber mounted bar clamps, nickel plated or works pipe, MX or enduro silencer, black or clear tank, different shocks and optional e-start on the 4-strokes, MX or EN gearbox, what tires you want, lights/computer, 18 or 19 rear, o-ring or non o-ring, sprocket gearing,

I know there is a 450MX, 300EN and 144MX that arrived with mine last week and were not yet sold.

I know if you custom order you can choose a ton of different options, including..

clear or black tank
marzocchis or kybs
solid or rubber mounted clamps
MX or EN gearbox
chrome plated or works pipe
MX or EN silencer
tire selection
18 or 19" rear
kickstand/lights/computer
sprockets, chain (o-ring or non)
suspension spec

There's probably more that I'm forgetting.. you can basically add EN specs onto your MX or vice versa.

4-strokes you can choose different shocks (Sachs, Ohlins or TM) and E-start is optional.

No online retailers that I know of, but there is a website under construction at TMParts.com, I think it might be the guys from Cycle Playground in PA but not sure.
5/7/2014 10:03am
I know the Cycle Playground guys... Mike sr. and Mike jr.

I hope TM gives you a good deal, you give them a lot more exposure than any of the vendors do.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
5/7/2014 10:16am
Lots if people say they don't like that husqvarnas are just KTMs with white plastic. It is true but husky do come with some other stuff, like the map switch and DID rims and the plastic subframe. I think it's a good thing, KTM is a great bike. And Husky copying it gives people who don't want a KTM the chance to still get all the great benefits of a KTM. Yeah they should be a little different. But not too much, just look how far Husaberg was from a KTM.
nytsmaC
5/7/2014 10:38am
Thanks, I think the brand deserves some good publicity. I do have a good situation with the distributor, he treats me well and I try to encourage others to give the brand a chance. There are a lot of myths about the brand such as being unreliable, and expensive hard to get parts. Couldn't be further from the truth, but a lot of people don't really consider them as a viable choice.

I think the Husky is a nicer take on the KTM, but a lot of Husky guys are defecting from the brand because if they wanted a KTM they would have already owned one.. The acquisition has definitely helped out Beta, Sherco, GasGas and TM sales, and Husky is hotter than ever with those who stayed, and the waves of KTM riders who prefer the Husky look. I think it will hurt KTM less when Husky is more unique and not as alluring to the people who want a KTM but prefer white/blue/yellow over orange.
Mouse153
5/7/2014 10:56am
TeamGreen confirmed that we'll see major changes in 2016. I expect we'll continue to see minor changes for 2015 but keep in mind Husky has their own engineers and their own plans. It just takes time to design, test, tool and produce.
JBernard_401
5/7/2014 10:59am
That bike pictured is a euro-spec model where they have pretty strict 95 dB limits for all tracks. It's actually not much bigger than what the...

is it even possible to make a 4 stroke 95db? being serious here.
5/7/2014 11:03am

with enough muffler, yea... and if that muffler got large enough, you could split it into 2 mufflers. Now try explaining that to the redneck sitting on his tailgate bad mouthing the Honda. LMFAO

hey Cam, I actually rode Mike jr's TM300EN from cycle playground at budds creek. I didn't take the performance too seriously because it was a 100% woods bike, on a 100% outdoor MX track. I'm going to take a hard look at the 300MX this fall though.
Rooster
5/7/2014 11:30am
Yeah, we had to get down to 88db for one track I road raced at. It took an FMF ti Q-series with a db dawg stuffed in the back to do it.

That was with the sound meter sitting on the stand next to the start finish line as you went by WFO.
JBernard_401
5/7/2014 11:36am
i can only imagine how much that kills performance on those things.
good for them though, riding on a track with 4 strokes is literally painful.
5/7/2014 11:38am
i can only imagine how much that kills performance on those things.
good for them though, riding on a track with 4 strokes is literally painful.
and when it's a 15 year old kid on a poorly jetted carb'd one, with roached silencer packing, who spent the previous evening watching Barcia videos on youtube, it's next level painful
TeamGreen
5/7/2014 1:00pm
From what I understand, the 2015 stuff from KTM is going to be all new, and they are taking the leash of the Husqvarna design team...
From what I understand, the 2015 stuff from KTM is going to be all new, and they are taking the leash of the Husqvarna design team.

Anyone know anything about this? Manny Ornelas? I am looking into the Husky 300 banger, but may wait until the 2015 drops.

Note: "FE" in KTM-speak is "Factory Edition"...while FE in Husky-speak is Four-Stroke-Enduro.

In 2015 I beleive the ONLY "New" bike your gonna see is the KTM SXF "Factory Edition". Everything-else will be what you see this year...including Husky. The '15 FE will evelove into the '16 SXF. That's what I'm thinkin'...

I was hopeful that the FC450 Husky might come in some sort of "Limited Production"/Homologation Special like the KTM does...maybe even with the Carbon-Fiber Sub-Frame (Like in your picture!)...but...I'm not hearing anything...yet. FC450 Team Edition?

The Big-News at Husky, for me, is the implication that the FE501/350 will be a streeter! WoooHoooo! A Streeter with LINKAGE! Yes! Imagine, your Dual-Sport being IDENTICAL to your TRACK-BIKE!? Prayers answered.

Track-day at Glen Helen on a bike that feels just like like the bike you ride in Baja!? Nice.

I'd jump on a Husky 300 RIGHT-NOW. The TC250s that I rode the piss out of at the Dealer-Demo were AWESOME! (20-25 laps on the Carlsbad track at The Ranch))

For whater reason...probably the sub-frame attachment-area, the Husky was easier to grip with my legs/boots than my KTM is. Go figure, right?

Myself and a coupl'a friends are waiting on the Husky Street-Scoots.
I'm probably staying Orange in most-things MX in solidarity with the BTO-KTM guys and how great they've been to me; but, I'm going to have to build a Rockstar FC450, too. That's a "must-do".

'15 is gonna be Insane! Imagine Jason racing the Husky 450!?
mrtuf
5/7/2014 1:15pm
From what I understand, the 2015 stuff from KTM is going to be all new, and they are taking the leash of the Husqvarna design team...

TeamGreen wrote:
Note: "FE" in KTM-speak is "Factory Edition"...while FE in Husky-speak is Four-Stroke-Enduro. In 2015 I beleive the ONLY "New" bike your gonna see is the KTM...
Note: "FE" in KTM-speak is "Factory Edition"...while FE in Husky-speak is Four-Stroke-Enduro.

In 2015 I beleive the ONLY "New" bike your gonna see is the KTM SXF "Factory Edition". Everything-else will be what you see this year...including Husky. The '15 FE will evelove into the '16 SXF. That's what I'm thinkin'...

I was hopeful that the FC450 Husky might come in some sort of "Limited Production"/Homologation Special like the KTM does...maybe even with the Carbon-Fiber Sub-Frame (Like in your picture!)...but...I'm not hearing anything...yet. FC450 Team Edition?

The Big-News at Husky, for me, is the implication that the FE501/350 will be a streeter! WoooHoooo! A Streeter with LINKAGE! Yes! Imagine, your Dual-Sport being IDENTICAL to your TRACK-BIKE!? Prayers answered.

Track-day at Glen Helen on a bike that feels just like like the bike you ride in Baja!? Nice.

I'd jump on a Husky 300 RIGHT-NOW. The TC250s that I rode the piss out of at the Dealer-Demo were AWESOME! (20-25 laps on the Carlsbad track at The Ranch))

For whater reason...probably the sub-frame attachment-area, the Husky was easier to grip with my legs/boots than my KTM is. Go figure, right?

I'm probably staying Orange in most-things MX in solidarity with the BTO-KTM guys and how great they've been to me; but, I'm going to have to build a Rockstar FC450, too. That's a "must-do".

I can tell you the plastic is suppose to be the same for 14,15 and 16. I'm just sayin
rt987
5/7/2014 1:29pm

TeamGreen wrote:
Note: "FE" in KTM-speak is "Factory Edition"...while FE in Husky-speak is Four-Stroke-Enduro. In 2015 I beleive the ONLY "New" bike your gonna see is the KTM...

Street legal 501??!? I have the 350 and was planning on trading to a 500 end of 2014 season. When are you hearing the 501 would be out?

Looked at the 500 for a long time, sounds like the 501 is a little quicker from what I read. I'd be up for it Tongue
peelout
5/7/2014 1:41pm
JordanB wrote:
Id buy that bike.
That bike is sexy.
i'd f*ck that bike
jamma10
5/7/2014 3:02pm
mrtuf wrote:
I can tell you the plastic is suppose to be the same for 14,15 and 16. I'm just sayin
The plastics being the only thing retained from Husaberg.

jamma10
5/7/2014 3:04pm
JordanB wrote:
Id buy that bike.
That bike is sexy.
peelout wrote:
i'd f*ck that bike
It certainly is a mighty fine looking machine. Looking forward to seeing what they do with them in the states next year.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/7/2014 3:15pm
mrtuf wrote:
That's a good thing and will hopefully prevent Husky designers from creating a horrid 450 design like they did a couple of years ago. If that's what they create when they are left to themselves, then it's better if KTM maintains some control over them.
Flatliner
5/7/2014 3:52pm
Local husky dealer is asking 9800 before 700 in delivery and set up fees for a new husky covered Ktm 250.

Pretty bike but damn that's pricey.
rmpilot
5/7/2014 6:07pm
mrtuf wrote:
burn1986 wrote:
That's a good thing and will hopefully prevent Husky designers from creating a horrid 450 design like they did a couple of years ago. If that's...
That's a good thing and will hopefully prevent Husky designers from creating a horrid 450 design like they did a couple of years ago. If that's what they create when they are left to themselves, then it's better if KTM maintains some control over them.
that was bmw setting the guidelines on what they had to use
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/7/2014 6:18pm
Yeah, I remember BMW had a lot of influence in that project. Hopefully those guys are gone, cause that "thing" was basically a warmed over looking Cannondale, just worse.
dynohut
5/7/2014 8:08pm
The "BRO SHOW" will get her dialed in worry not my brothers.
spindel
5/7/2014 9:02pm
Flatliner wrote:
Local husky dealer is asking 9800 before 700 in delivery and set up fees for a new husky covered Ktm 250. Pretty bike but damn that's...
Local husky dealer is asking 9800 before 700 in delivery and set up fees for a new husky covered Ktm 250.

That's insane. Yes they are selling fast. yes there is demand. but that is screwing the consumer right there. I got mine otd for under 7200. A good deal for sure. I've wanted a new bike for several years but didn't really care for either of the local ktm dealers. When a chance to buy a new bike from a great dealer 15 minutes from my house came up. It was time.

Cancerman
5/7/2014 9:30pm
Flatliner wrote:
Local husky dealer is asking 9800 before 700 in delivery and set up fees for a new husky covered Ktm 250. Pretty bike but damn that's...

spindel wrote:
That's insane. Yes they are selling fast. yes there is demand. but that is screwing the consumer right there. I got mine otd for under 7200...
That's insane. Yes they are selling fast. yes there is demand. but that is screwing the consumer right there. I got mine otd for under 7200. A good deal for sure. I've wanted a new bike for several years but didn't really care for either of the local ktm dealers. When a chance to buy a new bike from a great dealer 15 minutes from my house came up. It was time.

^^ That is bad ass! Me Likee.......Wink

Post a reply to: KTM giving the Husqvarna side some design freedom in 2015....

The Latest