KTM getting a third rider for 450's this summer?

flarider
4/1/2011 5:51am
I got a really weird phone call about a rider being asked by RD to do some R&D and they'll bring everything to Florida to do it.
jndmx
4/1/2011 5:53am
flarider wrote:
I got a really weird phone call about a rider being asked by RD to do some R&D and they'll bring everything to Florida to do...
I got a really weird phone call about a rider being asked by RD to do some R&D and they'll bring everything to Florida to do it.
Lotta RD's in that sentence......maybe one in Florida too?
ATKpilot99
4/1/2011 5:54am
Yep . RC is sick of Nascar and is making a comeback.
Faceaz
4/1/2011 6:32am
flarider wrote:
I got a really weird phone call about a rider being asked by RD to do some R&D and they'll bring everything to Florida to do...
That would be a great fit

The Shop

Rocket88
4/1/2011 7:54am
LouDog wrote:
WESTON PEICK
sleetdawg wrote:
Call Roger Decoster tell em to hook you up!
That would be awesome Lou! Go Weston!
DrSweden
4/1/2011 8:48am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2011 9:01am
Still a speculation based on a rumor. Next issue of MXA (should be in our mailbox soon) has an interview with CP. Maybe will shred some lights to his future whereabouts? But as already been mentioned, why practice on a Payton KX450F if going to Katoom?

At this point for me it doesn't make sense to hire a third top 15 guy/another test rider? They already have two and hopefully they go full gusto and try to collect Dungey for next year, and have Short as the second rider. Keeping Alessi would be odd for me. Nice kid, but he's not delivering also might not be a reason why people buy bikes in contrast to Short?

Personally I adore CP, but DeCoster already said he didn't want that since he want's an American or an American appealing rider to promote the brand.

So Short and Dungey (when his contract is up) would make sense for me. Short and Dungey get along don't they? And Roger and Dungey seems to like each other a lot and save some cash until then?

I just speculated here of course...
BobbyM
4/1/2011 9:05am
Spinner wrote:
That's the rumor.
they might want to get less riders and more mechanics.
jamma10
4/1/2011 9:17am
DrSweden wrote:
Still a speculation based on a rumor. Next issue of MXA (should be in our mailbox soon) has an interview with CP. Maybe will shred some...
Still a speculation based on a rumor. Next issue of MXA (should be in our mailbox soon) has an interview with CP. Maybe will shred some lights to his future whereabouts? But as already been mentioned, why practice on a Payton KX450F if going to Katoom?

At this point for me it doesn't make sense to hire a third top 15 guy/another test rider? They already have two and hopefully they go full gusto and try to collect Dungey for next year, and have Short as the second rider. Keeping Alessi would be odd for me. Nice kid, but he's not delivering also might not be a reason why people buy bikes in contrast to Short?

Personally I adore CP, but DeCoster already said he didn't want that since he want's an American or an American appealing rider to promote the brand.

So Short and Dungey (when his contract is up) would make sense for me. Short and Dungey get along don't they? And Roger and Dungey seems to like each other a lot and save some cash until then?

A team consisting of Short and Dungey would be the most clean cut, inoffensive team ever.
ATKpilot99
4/1/2011 9:19am
Spinner wrote:
That's the rumor.
BobbyM wrote:
they might want to get less riders and more mechanics.
Dude that's cold...Laughing
Faceaz
4/1/2011 9:23am
DrSweden wrote:
Still a speculation based on a rumor. Next issue of MXA (should be in our mailbox soon) has an interview with CP. Maybe will shred some...

I think they have the All American with Short, as much as they can get anyway. To get a top 3 American? Stewart's not moving, Reeds Australian, RV's not moving, Dungey is a good shot?

I think CP would make allot of sense for a nationals ride, he has the potential to be top 3.
DrSweden
4/1/2011 9:32am
jamma10 wrote:
A team consisting of Short and Dungey would be the most clean cut, inoffensive team ever.
Yeah. Perfect for branding, and imagine if Dungey won the title...
thekendogg
4/1/2011 9:54am
Wandell wrote:
CP377???
R-acer wrote:
God, I hope not. He needs to be on a good team with good bikes
O yea, I forgot how poor KTM are. They ONLY won the World MX1 and MX2 Championships last year, along with a poorly 19 Grand Prix wins...
Huckster
4/1/2011 10:11am
Wandell wrote:
CP377???
R-acer wrote:
thekendogg wrote:
O yea, I forgot how poor KTM are. They ONLY won the World MX1 and MX2 Championships last year, along with a poorly 19 Grand Prix...
O yea, I forgot how poor KTM are. They ONLY won the World MX1 and MX2 Championships last year, along with a poorly 19 Grand Prix wins...
and that does what for sales in the US?
Faceaz
4/1/2011 10:13am
Wandell wrote:
CP377???
R-acer wrote:
thekendogg wrote:
O yea, I forgot how poor KTM are. They ONLY won the World MX1 and MX2 Championships last year, along with a poorly 19 Grand Prix...
You have to remember, 99% of the haters have most likely never ridden much less owned a KTM.
thekendogg
4/1/2011 10:17am
R-acer wrote:
thekendogg wrote:
Huckster wrote:
and that does what for sales in the US?
I do believe that no where in mine, or any of the posts I quoted, (nor the topic for that matter) said anything about sales in the US.

In short (no pun intended, lol!) the bikes are good enough to win, they just need a winning rider. I do believe CP377 could be that rider, and will either be on a KTM or TLD Honda come the summer...
flarider
4/1/2011 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2011 1:28pm
Ing
4/1/2011 4:21pm
flarider wrote:
Mike will be on a 450
Is this a rumor or do you have some kind of confirmation. I say "click".

That is unless you can confirm your "story".

Post a reply to: KTM getting a third rider for 450's this summer?

The Latest