KTM frame failure - 2016 sx350

make1go
7/16/2018 9:39pm
mx98wfo wrote:
Haha I just may have a little more info in all these problems as I worked at a KTM dealership. I have seen and handled all...
Haha I just may have a little more info in all these problems as I worked at a KTM dealership. I have seen and handled all the issues above many times. I am posting this stuff to info people that what KTM is sell you at a premium price is not so premium. Yes all brands have issue but at this moment in time almost every model in the the KTM line up has a issue as I listed above. Also do you all really think that since KTM has partnered with Bajaj and now CF moto that the quality has not changed? Go to your local shop and ask were most of the street models are made!
where do you think many of the japanese brand bikes are made?

yep just down the road from me..

any confirmation that you are who you say you are, just want to info the people?

The Shop

WarrenMX
7/17/2018 9:19am
Looks like we have a couple of Kawi fanboys here...
BroFoSho
7/17/2018 5:03pm
Call a spade a spade.

KTM makes the best motorcycle when it comes to racing. Out of the box, they do have the best performance.

However, I've never seen a model that wasn't known for some kind of problem or issues. So your KTM may not finish the race because of reliability issues, but when it does finish the race it'll be towards the front
JLO42
7/18/2018 9:11pm
Solidkm wrote:
You’re stirring the pot, bruh. This thread has what 6 pages? And thumpertalk has a matching one. Half the dudes are concerned. And half the dudes...
You’re stirring the pot, bruh. This thread has what 6 pages? And thumpertalk has a matching one. Half the dudes are concerned. And half the dudes are saying a few (freak?) failures over 100,000+ frames isn’t enough for it to be a thing. They’re all good bikes and they’ve all had failures. And again, aside from OP, we don’t know what insane crashes these things have lived thru before breaking.

Tires fail and lug nuts come off, I’m not checking my truck every morning before work. I’m just not.
BroFoSho wrote:
I think this is a pretty legitimate concern/issues. If I owned a KTM I would be worried. On this very thread there are several 2016/2016.5 KTMs...
I think this is a pretty legitimate concern/issues. If I owned a KTM I would be worried.
On this very thread there are several 2016/2016.5 KTMs that have cracked frames... these bikes are only two years old. Show me several 2016 Kawasaki 450s that have had cracked frames for example.

Not to say KTM is a crap bike, but I think it is safe to say that 2016 KTM frames have a higher rate of failure compared to other manufactures. I think the 2014 YZ250F had frame issues too for example
Monk wrote:
Based on what? Which is worse, Honda selling 10,000 bikes and having 50 fail? Or KTM selling 100,000 bikes and 100 fail? KTM outsells the other...
Based on what? Which is worse, Honda selling 10,000 bikes and having 50 fail? Or KTM selling 100,000 bikes and 100 fail? KTM outsells the other 4 combined, there are bound to be issues... But because more are sold, you are going to see more failures....
Monk those number are not even remotely true
Monk
7/18/2018 9:14pm
BroFoSho wrote:
I think this is a pretty legitimate concern/issues. If I owned a KTM I would be worried. On this very thread there are several 2016/2016.5 KTMs...
I think this is a pretty legitimate concern/issues. If I owned a KTM I would be worried.
On this very thread there are several 2016/2016.5 KTMs that have cracked frames... these bikes are only two years old. Show me several 2016 Kawasaki 450s that have had cracked frames for example.

Not to say KTM is a crap bike, but I think it is safe to say that 2016 KTM frames have a higher rate of failure compared to other manufactures. I think the 2014 YZ250F had frame issues too for example
Monk wrote:
Based on what? Which is worse, Honda selling 10,000 bikes and having 50 fail? Or KTM selling 100,000 bikes and 100 fail? KTM outsells the other...
Based on what? Which is worse, Honda selling 10,000 bikes and having 50 fail? Or KTM selling 100,000 bikes and 100 fail? KTM outsells the other 4 combined, there are bound to be issues... But because more are sold, you are going to see more failures....
JLO42 wrote:
It's not supposed to be true, and neither is saying all KTMs are junk and their frames break...
JLO42
7/18/2018 9:26pm
Monk wrote:
JLO42 wrote:
Monk wrote:
It's not supposed to be true, and neither is saying all KTMs are junk and their frames break...
Never said that, but I’m simply stating that your statistics are inaccurate.
JLO42
7/18/2018 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 9:33pm
mx98wfo wrote:
Haha I just may have a little more info in all these problems as I worked at a KTM dealership. I have seen and handled all...
Haha I just may have a little more info in all these problems as I worked at a KTM dealership. I have seen and handled all the issues above many times. I am posting this stuff to info people that what KTM is sell you at a premium price is not so premium. Yes all brands have issue but at this moment in time almost every model in the the KTM line up has a issue as I listed above. Also do you all really think that since KTM has partnered with Bajaj and now CF moto that the quality has not changed? Go to your local shop and ask were most of the street models are made!
make1go wrote:
where do you think many of the japanese brand bikes are made? yep just down the road from me.. any confirmation that you are who you...
where do you think many of the japanese brand bikes are made?

yep just down the road from me..

any confirmation that you are who you say you are, just want to info the people?

This is untrue as well, the first first digit of the vin indicates the country of manufacture. It is true that some of the play bikes are sourced to other countries, but all performance based machines are made in Japan designated by the J in the vin. Vin designations are strictly controlled as evidenced by suzuki’s Attempt to rebadge unused 2008 frames as 2009’s.

Post a reply to: KTM frame failure - 2016 sx350

The Latest