KTM connectivity unit on SXF 450 2021?

aees
9/6/2021 1:46pm
Has anyone tested it? How does it hold up to vortex and get?
|
Brent
9/6/2021 1:57pm
aees wrote:
It doesn't.

Its a joke and a waste of money. there is not too much adjustment, no special maps you can load, and not much of a performance change.

If you are a serious racer, get a Vortex and have XPR or Twisted program it for you. Map one will always be the stock map, map 2 can be anything you want. if it is just for everyday riding, you would be better served by using race fuel instead of pump gas.

My rider uses GET and he now likes the Vortex better.
aees
9/6/2021 2:01pm
aees wrote:
Brent wrote:
It doesn't. Its a joke and a waste of money. there is not too much adjustment, no special maps you can load, and not much of...
It doesn't.

Its a joke and a waste of money. there is not too much adjustment, no special maps you can load, and not much of a performance change.

If you are a serious racer, get a Vortex and have XPR or Twisted program it for you. Map one will always be the stock map, map 2 can be anything you want. if it is just for everyday riding, you would be better served by using race fuel instead of pump gas.

My rider uses GET and he now likes the Vortex better.
Just the feedback i wanted, thanks. Will go for a vortex.
Brent
9/6/2021 2:47pm
aees wrote:
Just the feedback i wanted, thanks. Will go for a vortex.
Good call sir.

We have spent a lot of time on the 2021 450SXF, and if you get map 2 programmed properly, the bike is not only much faster but also much easier to ride.

After you get the vortex, try some VP t-4 with map 2 you will have a huge smile on your face when you ride it!
Faster and more manageable power is always a good thing…
Preston412
9/6/2021 6:00pm
Brent wrote:
Good call sir. We have spent a lot of time on the 2021 450SXF, and if you get map 2 programmed properly, the bike is not...
Good call sir.

We have spent a lot of time on the 2021 450SXF, and if you get map 2 programmed properly, the bike is not only much faster but also much easier to ride.

After you get the vortex, try some VP t-4 with map 2 you will have a huge smile on your face when you ride it!
Faster and more manageable power is always a good thing…
My vortex is mapped by XPR
I haven’t even tried map 2 yet. 1 is pretty damn good but will try 2 this week

The Shop

moto67e
Fantasy
2705th
9/6/2021 6:45pm
I put the connectivity unit on my Gas Gas 450 and am really happy with the results. I put the slider to 0 engine braking and full agressive on the engine. With the FMF pipe and the Twisted Development exhaust flange, I'm loving my bike. The connectivity unit cost me $250 and I think it's worked pretty well. I rode my buddies bike with the Twisted map on a Vortex and didn't think it was better than mine. But to each his own.
Brent
9/6/2021 9:33pm
Preston412 wrote:
My vortex is mapped by XPR
I haven’t even tried map 2 yet. 1 is pretty damn good but will try 2 this week
Also, Put a little t-4 in if you can, it’s a pretty impressive improvement.
aees
9/6/2021 11:40pm
Have anyone run the standard Vortex ECU, not mapped by twisted or XPR?

So the options are:
- Mapp via dyno
- Standard mapped Vortex
- XPR/Twisted mapped Vortex
- KTM Connectivity unit

Right now im a little hesitant towards XPR and Twisted $250 on top of $750 since i dont run 91 US fuel.
tek14
9/6/2021 11:44pm
You hardly can get connectivity unit anywhere. KTM shop told that company who made units or parts of them burned down and now its back order for future... If KTM wants to be luxury ready to race they should have it included with bike like Yamaha.
aees
9/6/2021 11:44pm
Does the KTM connectivity unit also clean up mapping, raise the rev limiter and add additional power or rev for starts?
Preston412
9/7/2021 10:08am
aees wrote:
Does the KTM connectivity unit also clean up mapping, raise the rev limiter and add additional power or rev for starts?
Does not raise rev limit or add power but it lets you adjust the engine mapping.

You can select a Track Type and condition which will adjust engine mapping (RPM and Torque curve) for you and then you can make adjustments to Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control and Launch Control to you liking. ( 5 set points on each to choose from).

As stated in another thread, if you are not into the $750 cost of the vortex, then send off the stock ECU to get remapped, I think the cost is roughly $250 and I feel the maps they install are far better then what you can do with the connectivity unit.

Post a reply to: KTM connectivity unit on SXF 450 2021?

The Latest