KTM Team Tactics...

BobPA
Do you think the big orange conglomerate has any backup plans tomorrow night to seal the championship? Coop needs a 19th or better for the title. Would they go as far as having Savatgy, Anderson, Moosecan, Wilson, and Barcia qualify, then have three of them pull off as soon as the gate drops?

Think they could pull a fast one as follows. Have any combination of the aforementioned riders run illegal fuel. If for some reason Coop does not get the 19th place have Gas Gas or Husky protest and have 3 of their riders DQ'd...Could they even protest one another?

Think they have a backup plan? I bet there was a meeting at the orange rig this week discussing all the different scenarios.
|
4/30/2021 7:06pm
No disrespect, but that is one of the dumbest things I've read on here in quite awhile...
IWreckALot
4/30/2021 7:06pm
Pretty small chance it is needed. I don’t think Webb would want to win going that route either.

I called the “bunch em up” strategy stupid and then tomac did it. So I guess anything could happen.

Honda really only has Sexton that could try to take Webb out so as long as Webb stays away from him he should be good.
4/30/2021 7:11pm
No, Webb laps 19th most weeks, he will not have any trouble unless he is taken out by himself or someone else.

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
4/30/2021 7:16pm
BobPA wrote:
Do you think the big orange conglomerate has any backup plans tomorrow night to seal the championship? Coop needs a 19th or better for the title...
Do you think the big orange conglomerate has any backup plans tomorrow night to seal the championship? Coop needs a 19th or better for the title. Would they go as far as having Savatgy, Anderson, Moosecan, Wilson, and Barcia qualify, then have three of them pull off as soon as the gate drops?

Think they could pull a fast one as follows. Have any combination of the aforementioned riders run illegal fuel. If for some reason Coop does not get the 19th place have Gas Gas or Husky protest and have 3 of their riders DQ'd...Could they even protest one another?

Think they have a backup plan? I bet there was a meeting at the orange rig this week discussing all the different scenarios.
Put down the booze and keyboard bob. No joke
brocster
4/30/2021 7:17pm
BobPA wrote:
Do you think the big orange conglomerate has any backup plans tomorrow night to seal the championship? Coop needs a 19th or better for the title...

Webb can sleepwalk through the main, all the pressure is on KR to win if he wants a Hail Mary of a shot at the title.
BobPA
4/30/2021 7:22pm
BobPA wrote:

imoto34 wrote:
Put down the booze and keyboard bob. No joke
Sober as a judge haha. Lots of money on the line....ya never know
BobPA
4/30/2021 7:40pm
Yikes
Just jealous of my superior moto planning ability....
4/30/2021 7:41pm
A plan involving this many riders (and crews, by proxy) would be hard to keep under wraps, and would kill any legitimacy the SX championship has if it came to light. Which would end up hurting the entire industry, KTM group included. I dont think Webb is going to have that much trouble securing the title on his own.
zehn
4/30/2021 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2021 8:08pm
Imagine having an idea and this was it
4/30/2021 8:13pm
zehn wrote:
And then share it with others.
BobPA
4/30/2021 8:21pm
zehn wrote:
1911 wrote:
And then share it with others.
Jealousy is a stinky cologne ladies....
Dutch348
4/30/2021 8:26pm
If there are any whoops at all, Webb will double or roll his way through them and finish the race. I just saved you all your Saturday night, you’re welcome.
4/30/2021 8:39pm
BobPA wrote:

Do you do a lot of drugs? Eat paint chips as a kid?
B Lenny
4/30/2021 8:49pm
Cooper Webb 2021 SX Champ..
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/30/2021 9:37pm
BobPA wrote:

Yeah, it goes exactly like this...

Be respectful.

You saw how Marv raced him last week, right? And Anderson and Barcia passing him in Atlanta?
5/1/2021 2:09am
No.
KTM, Roger, Harrison & Webb have more self respect and walk with their heads held high. You won't see that kind of behaviour from any of them.

Furthermore, Webb will take the championship with a big enough margin that those points Roczen lost earlier in the season will be irrelevant. Thats the way to do it. Roczen will have no excuses, nothing to say "if only" about.
Richy
5/1/2021 2:46am
Bob, I like reading most of your posts, you seem to be a good knowledgable dude. At least as far as anyone could make out across a message board.

While I appreciate the thought behind this, I reckon you may be overthinking this one haha, I'm sure they've put at least a little thought into some vague team order scenarios but anything that extreme would surely be a bridge too far and hurt the brand(s) and individuals more than it would help, even if the reward would be a championship.
MX114
5/1/2021 3:05am
Stop drinking the bong water Bob
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
5/1/2021 3:14am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 3:18am

Tactics...as in buying all the booze and booking out dinner tables for the celebration.

5/1/2021 3:19am
Wouldn’t be suprised if coop won the race tbh.. he’s the best guy in the class right now.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
5/1/2021 3:32am
Wouldn’t be suprised if coop won the race tbh.. he’s the best guy in the class right now.
He will ride his own race and whilst a win would be the cherry he'll take whatever he is good for.

I'm not really a Webb fan but the dude has earned it and big respect to him, his mechanic, Ian, RD and all the boys n girls in the factory.

Lookimg forward to this last one and then moving on to the Outdoors.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
5/1/2021 5:14am
More importantly, do you think fox printed a #1 jersey for Kenny if he some how miraculously pulls it off? If so, does it go to some kid in Haiti if he doesn’t win?
5/1/2021 5:36am
BobPA wrote:

Damn, dude. You were only a couple drinks away from thinking KTM might be plotting to either kidnap or poison Roczen, just to ensure a title. lol. As silly as your post was, I appreciate your passion for the sport.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
5/1/2021 5:50am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 5:52am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
More importantly, do you think fox printed a #1 jersey for Kenny if he some how miraculously pulls it off? If so, does it go to...
More importantly, do you think fox printed a #1 jersey for Kenny if he some how miraculously pulls it off? If so, does it go to some kid in Haiti if he doesn’t win?
For sure yes. If there is a mathematical chance at a Championship they'll have jerseys printed.

Ps. The Crux of the matter is how they dispose of them jerseys if they don't win it.
5/1/2021 6:15am
Kudos to Boomslang and dirtworldmx - kind, succinct and spot on posts. No vitriol and no b.s.

Post a reply to: KTM Team Tactics...

The Latest