KTM Statement Regarding Broc Tickle

VicDaMoan03
5/15/2018 2:59pm
Sure but if your convicted for murder do the courts let you out of prison while you appeal the decision?
zac_k3
5/15/2018 3:00pm
logan_140 wrote:
Suzuki kept James through the entire suspension.Blink
It’s James Stewart vs broc tickle...
parks387
5/15/2018 3:03pm
KennyT wrote:
Any manufacturer would do the same thing. Don’t blame KTM for this
According to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an employee can get up to 12 weeks of leave (either paid or unpaid) every 12 months in order to handle a serious health condition that prohibits him from working. This includes entering rehab, as long as there are no independent reasons for firing the individual (such as poor performance due to active addiction or alcoholism).

I wonder if ktm treats all their other employees the same or if they offer them the aforementioned help. This is ridiculous, this could be something as simple as a supplement/food processor tainting a batch of its product, and now this guy is unemployed. One offense that is hardly proveable to be the subjects explicit fault and now his life is more or less in shambles.

The Shop

5/15/2018 3:03pm
I'm not defending WADA/FIM but isn't the proof the two negative drug tests?
According to tickle wada hasn’t shown any evidence or test result yet. Poor management and lack of transparency on their part of true.
parks387
5/15/2018 3:04pm
Sure but if your convicted for murder do the courts let you out of prison while you appeal the decision?
No but if you’re accused of drug possession in minor amounts they do...hardly close to murder...great analogy
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/15/2018 3:04pm
logan_140 wrote:
The rule needs to be changed where they can still race while being under investigation. (Innocent until proven guilty) that’s what we go by isn’t it?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Investigation over. Both samples came back positive.
logan_140 wrote:
If he wants to appeal it he can, which he should be able to race til the appeal is done.
If I was KTM I would still terminate his contract. Why risk spending a whole lot of money to bring him racing when there's a high chance the results would stay the same.

Makes no financial sense.
kongols
5/15/2018 3:05pm
logan_140 wrote:
The rule needs to be changed where they can still race while being under investigation. (Innocent until proven guilty) that’s what we go by isn’t it?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
If he wants to appeal it he can, which he should be able to race til the appeal is done.
Only thing he can appeal now is the length of the penalty. He has not been issued penalty by FIM yet.
parks387
5/15/2018 3:06pm
logan_140 wrote:
So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I️ ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing...
So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I️ ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing behind broc 100% and fight wada! What a shit situation
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Like Suzuki did with James. I agree. Unless he really did intentionally take something. If we ever found out the real deal behind all this and...
Like Suzuki did with James.

I agree. Unless he really did intentionally take something. If we ever found out the real deal behind all this and Broc is innocent, then it wouldn't say much for KTM.
Here's the deal. Like Chad reed stated. Riders need to know everything that goes into their body.
...that’s basically impossible unless they eat an all natural diet without any supplements because any manufactured or processed substance can easily be tainted.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/15/2018 3:08pm
KennyT wrote:
Really? Because Suzuki kept James on during his entire suspension and was there when he got back. So there goes your point out the window.
james had a much longer contract deal with options to keep it going indefinitely, it had stipulations requiring performance on james end he failed to meet..
kiwifan
5/15/2018 3:09pm
Sad for Broc (if indeed he is innocent) ...opens the door for another...
parks387
5/15/2018 3:10pm
MPJC wrote:
I just think it's too bad that the penalty has no flexibility - i.e. the penalty could vary depending on how much advantage is gained by...
I just think it's too bad that the penalty has no flexibility - i.e. the penalty could vary depending on how much advantage is gained by using the substance and how easy it is to get into your system accidentally. I doubt that the substance in question in this case gives the same kind of advantage as steroids, but the penalty is the same. Further, it is a pretty easy thing to ingest accidentally (though to be fair, a pro athlete with a trainer should be able to avoid this). The blanket 4 year penalty is tied to the Olympic cycle, which makes no sense when we're not dealing with an Olympic sport.
Great point. The problem isn’t the offense. It is how the offense is handled. This is why the FIM AND WADA need to go. Second party to test, and AMA to administer punishment. Why and the hell this isn’t the protocol is beyond me...except for the whole world supercross bs.
logan_140
5/15/2018 3:16pm
logan_140 wrote:
Suzuki kept James through the entire suspension.Blink
zac_k3 wrote:
It’s James Stewart vs broc tickle...
Ok, so there brings up my point of would Ktm just drop dungey if this had happened to him?
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
5/15/2018 3:19pm
MPJC wrote:
I just think it's too bad that the penalty has no flexibility - i.e. the penalty could vary depending on how much advantage is gained by...
I just think it's too bad that the penalty has no flexibility - i.e. the penalty could vary depending on how much advantage is gained by using the substance and how easy it is to get into your system accidentally. I doubt that the substance in question in this case gives the same kind of advantage as steroids, but the penalty is the same. Further, it is a pretty easy thing to ingest accidentally (though to be fair, a pro athlete with a trainer should be able to avoid this). The blanket 4 year penalty is tied to the Olympic cycle, which makes no sense when we're not dealing with an Olympic sport.
parks387 wrote:
Great point. The problem isn’t the offense. It is how the offense is handled. This is why the FIM AND WADA need to go. Second party...
Great point. The problem isn’t the offense. It is how the offense is handled. This is why the FIM AND WADA need to go. Second party to test, and AMA to administer punishment. Why and the hell this isn’t the protocol is beyond me...except for the whole world supercross bs.
Yes - I think that there would be more flexibility to exercise discretion in punishment based on a variety of factors with USADA. 4 years for any offense of any kind is ridiculous.
5/15/2018 3:20pm
parks387 wrote:
No but if you’re accused of drug possession in minor amounts they do...hardly close to murder...great analogy
Drug possession? I wasn't aware that he got busted for possession.
tek14
5/15/2018 3:21pm
logan_140 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
So everyone should be allowed to race after they used doping as long as they complain long enough.. Appeals of any sort can take years. He did use PED and now will get penalty of that. They can appeal long as they want but he isnt racing.
sparker245
5/15/2018 3:34pm
logan_140 wrote:
Ok, so there brings up my point of would Ktm just drop dungey if this had happened to him?
Nope. No way.
reded
5/15/2018 3:34pm
Do you think KTM takes a chance with Malcolm Stewart?
You fuckers never give up with the Stewart's.
jtiger12
5/15/2018 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 3:40pm
For a fucking tickle?
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/15/2018 3:42pm
parks387 wrote:
According to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an employee can get up to 12 weeks of leave (either paid or unpaid) every 12 months...
According to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an employee can get up to 12 weeks of leave (either paid or unpaid) every 12 months in order to handle a serious health condition that prohibits him from working. This includes entering rehab, as long as there are no independent reasons for firing the individual (such as poor performance due to active addiction or alcoholism).

I wonder if ktm treats all their other employees the same or if they offer them the aforementioned help. This is ridiculous, this could be something as simple as a supplement/food processor tainting a batch of its product, and now this guy is unemployed. One offense that is hardly proveable to be the subjects explicit fault and now his life is more or less in shambles.
I don’t believe he was a KTM employee.
8tensolutions
5/15/2018 3:42pm
KennyT wrote:
Really? Because Suzuki kept James on during his entire suspension and was there when he got back. So there goes your point out the window.
James was a different issue and a much less volatile substance. It was something prescribed by his doctor for years and Suzuki was just as responsible for not insuring he had a TUE. Two samples were tested. Intentional or not, Broc broke the "law".
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/15/2018 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 3:44pm
KennyT wrote:
Dtat720 wrote:
*cough, cough* Suzuki.... not all manufacturers....
Refresh this old mans memory. What happened with Suzuki?

I just know Stewart didn’t race for awhile. Did Suzuki keep him on the payroll? I had just assumed he was let go, never really looked into it obviously
reded
5/15/2018 3:53pm
KennyT wrote:
Dtat720 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Refresh this old mans memory. What happened with Suzuki? I just know Stewart didn’t race for awhile. Did Suzuki keep him on the payroll? I had...

I just know Stewart didn’t race for awhile. Did Suzuki keep him on the payroll? I had just assumed he was let go, never really looked into it obviously
Rickys still getting bikes, James isn't.
tprice07
5/15/2018 4:00pm
Coupe things here:

1. Malcolm isn't going to be filling that spot.

2. KTM's action was premature. Broc was provisionally suspended. No one is/was associating Broc's use of a banned substance with KTM, other than the possibility of their relationship with Aldon Baker.

3. Broc is handling this the right way in my opinion. Holding the FIM and WADA accountable in both transparency and timeliness. Utilizing an attorney in any social media communication regarding the case.

Broc has a long journey ahead of him. FIM/WADA isn't gunning after Broc Tickle. They don't give a shit who he is. They go strictly by the test results they receive. Broc's attorney appears to be asking for transparency in the case. The process of administering the test, labeling the sample, sealing the sample, transporting the sample, the margin of error in the test, the accuracy/history of the labs that tested it. I think he has every right to know that kind of information.

Most of this is conjecture so I apologize but I truly believe this is going to get very ugly. He was very aware of the clause in his contract. He had to be aware that the risk was not worth the minimal gain. For whatever reason I trust Broc. I'm not going to defame Aldon but I think he is very aware of what he is doing. I think he is willing to run the line for optimal performance within the parameters provided. My honest, worthless opinion is that someone (Broc or Aldon) knew exactly what he was ingesting, but timed it wrong. They took it too late resulting in the substance remaining in his body longer than it was supposed to.
GTCD15317
5/15/2018 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 4:03pm
logan_140 wrote:
So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I️ ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing...
So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I️ ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing behind broc 100% and fight wada! What a shit situation
It was in his contract that a positive test would result in termination of contact as reported when this first happend..... he signed it
plowboy
5/15/2018 4:04pm
KennyT wrote:
parks387 wrote:
According to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an employee can get up to 12 weeks of leave (either paid or unpaid) every 12 months...

I may be mistaken but I don't believe the the riders are company "employees". I think they are contractors. Basically, self employed. FMLA, sick leave, vacations are not in the equation.
tprice07
5/15/2018 4:04pm
KennyT wrote:
Dtat720 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Refresh this old mans memory. What happened with Suzuki? I just know Stewart didn’t race for awhile. Did Suzuki keep him on the payroll? I had...

From RacerX
"Can you talk about a season with James still around. None of us really knew what you guys were going to do with him, but it seems like he’s been around quite a bit doing the signings. What’s that like having a suspended rider but still he’s one of your guys and having him around?
It’s been a challenge. There was kind of no playbook on how to do this. My view is the relationship with James is solid; we stand behind him 100 percent. I think we were the first of his big sponsors to do that, and the other guys said, hey, Suzuki’s staying behind him, and they all stayed behind him. Frustration is a great word, challenging is a great word. We worked it out. Obviously I can’t pay him what I was, but we worked out a PR amendment to his contract so he comes to the races, he works with Blake, and he does some PR for Suzuki and Yoshimura.

Basically we just kind of finalized discussions to re-sign him for the next two years. He hasn’t signed yet, but we have it all in place. Our goal is it’ll be James and Blake—they will be our two riders."

Motodave15
5/15/2018 4:05pm
I feel bad for brock in this... and frankly i will never by a ktm.

wada needs to go period... there needs to be a point where a team stands up and lets the person race and tells wada to fuck off. I swear people/ teams dont have backbones.

What happens to a team that doesn't obey the godlike rule of wada? or better yet what happens to the promoters.. Im assuming its a loss of money or do you end up in court? why would anybody sign a contact with these people (wada). It blows my mind the people in charge don't have the foresight of crap like this happening. making all that money and cant think of the major what if scenarios that can ruin your product/event you're putting on.

downright embarrassing
kage173
5/15/2018 4:11pm
logan_140 wrote:
Yeah but it wasn't Dungey was it? Dungey won 2 championship his rookie year. He's been on the watchlist ever since, probably got tested a million times more than Broc......and he never came in hot. So, that might tell you that Broc did actually do something wrong.

Post a reply to: KTM Statement Regarding Broc Tickle

The Latest