KTM Statement Regarding Broc Tickle

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2018 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 2:11 PM

PR...

KTM STATEMENT REGARDING BROC TICKLE
May 15, 2018

MURRIETA, Calif. –­­ It was released today by the FIM that Broc Tickle’s initial positive test from San Diego Supercross was confirmed by the “B sample” test. As a result, KTM Motorsports hereby makes the painful decision to terminate its agreement with Tickle, effective immediately.

Roger De Coster, KTM Race Director SX/MX: “We’ve had a good relationship with Broc over the last six months and he was a great guy to work with. However, KTM’s strong company policy gives no room for any other solution but to terminate the contract. We wish Broc the best in the future.”

|

5/15/2018 2:12 PM

Ouch!

Bummer deal. I hope we all get to know the truth at some point with all of this

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/15/2018 2:15 PM

McElrath?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/15/2018 2:18 PM

I expected that.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

5/15/2018 2:19 PM

So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I️ ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing behind broc 100% and fight wada! What a shit situation

|

5/15/2018 2:23 PM

logan_140 wrote:

So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing ...more

Why should they risk their own reputation. We all THINK Broc is innocent, but we can't know for sure. Right now the evidence shows that Broc took an illegal substance, and the company has an obligation to stand against that.

|

5/15/2018 2:24 PM

I wonder if he had to pay back his salary. On pulp they were talking about a years salary pay back clause in the KTM team member contracts.

|

5/15/2018 2:24 PM

logan_140 wrote:

So what would Ktm be doing if it had been dungey? I ride ktms but damn this kind of pisses me off! They should be standing ...more

visser62 wrote:

Why should they risk their own reputation. We all THINK Broc is innocent, but we can't know for sure. Right now the evidence ...more

Well nothing will ever change, unless a manufacture steps in or if riders start to voice their opinion. Really pretty shitty field hasn’t said anything about it either.

|

5/15/2018 2:25 PM

logan_140 wrote:

visser62 wrote:

Why should they risk their own reputation. We all THINK Broc is innocent, but we can't know for sure. Right now the evidence ...more

Also, what do you think Ktm would do if this would have been dungey? Bet it would be a different outcome on ktms part

|

5/15/2018 2:26 PM

logan_140 wrote:

visser62 wrote:

You make a valid point but I don’t agree that they have an obligation. They can do whatever they want. They chose what they felt was best.

|

5/15/2018 2:28 PM

logan_140 wrote:

Like Suzuki did with James.

I agree. Unless he really did intentionally take something. If we ever found out the real deal behind all this and Broc is innocent, then it wouldn't say much for KTM.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/15/2018 2:29 PM

Wishing the best for Broc. Such a bummer deal sad

|

http://www.taggerdesigns.net/shop/

Instagram / Snapchat @taggerdesigns

5/15/2018 2:29 PM

That’s unfortunate and a bummer for Tickle, but KTM really was backed into a corner. Maybe Broc can fight this on his own if he chooses to spend the money on legal fees.

|

5/15/2018 2:31 PM

That's brutal.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

5/15/2018 2:32 PM

Any manufacturer would do the same thing. Don’t blame KTM for this

|

5/15/2018 2:35 PM

logan_140 wrote:

Spend more money to defend someone else's action. Makes sense.

If you screw up and need to hire a lawyer you're the one that pays that lawyer not the company you work for. Same applies to Tickle.

What's the final penalty? 4 years?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/15/2018 2:37 PM

logan_140 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Like Suzuki did with James.

I agree. Unless he really did intentionally take something. If we ever found out the real deal ...more

Here's the deal. Like Chad reed stated. Riders need to know everything that goes into their body.

|

5/15/2018 2:38 PM

KennyT wrote:

You're right.

Davi's locker. Found something illegal, got his walking papers.

|

Wow, that's rough...

|

KennyT wrote:

I agree-

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

5/15/2018 2:41 PM

KennyT wrote:

*cough, cough* Suzuki.... not all manufacturers....

|

5/15/2018 2:42 PM

Say Hello to your 2018 Canadian national MX champ!

|

5/15/2018 2:42 PM

sad
|

5/15/2018 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 2:47 PM

I just think it's too bad that the penalty has no flexibility - i.e. the penalty could vary depending on how much advantage is gained by using the substance and how easy it is to get into your system accidentally. I doubt that the substance in question in this case gives the same kind of advantage as steroids, but the penalty is the same. Further, it is a pretty easy thing to ingest accidentally (though to be fair, a pro athlete with a trainer should be able to avoid this). The blanket 4 year penalty is tied to the Olympic cycle, which makes no sense when we're not dealing with an Olympic sport.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

5/15/2018 2:47 PM

The rule needs to be changed where they can still race while being under investigation. (Innocent until proven guilty) that’s what we go by isn’t it?

|

5/15/2018 2:52 PM

logan_140 wrote:

The rule needs to be changed where they can still race while being under investigation. (Innocent until proven guilty) that’s ...more

Investigation over. Both samples came back positive.

|

5/15/2018 2:55 PM

logan_140 wrote:

The rule needs to be changed where they can still race while being under investigation. (Innocent until proven guilty) that’s ...more

I'm not defending WADA/FIM but isn't the proof the two negative drug tests?

|

5/15/2018 2:56 PM

logan_140 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Investigation over. Both samples came back positive.

If he wants to appeal it he can, which he should be able to race til the appeal is done.

|

KennyT wrote:

Really? Because Suzuki kept James on during his entire suspension and was there when he got back. So there goes your point out the window.

|

logan_140 wrote:

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

I'm not defending WADA/FIM but isn't the proof the two negative drug tests?

Can’t he still appeal it?

|