what is like the real peak hp of this beast stock
or its like VITAL people check the HP in certain RPM and not the peak

much ty and sorry
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/30/2019 11:19am
KTM is likely stating HP at the crank. When measured on a dyno at the rear wheel, there is a lot of parasitic power loss.
byke
5/30/2019 11:52am
Falcon wrote:
KTM is likely stating HP at the crank. When measured on a dyno at the rear wheel, there is a lot of parasitic power loss.
Not questioning this because I think you're right, but it's weird how much power is lost after the crank. Like if the bike were on a stand and the primary gear were removed and you just rotated the basket by hand, that's obviously not taking 10hp from your arm to rotate, but at peak hp it somehow is. Basically a bike is wasting an entire 7500 watt generator between the crank and the rear sprocket at peak hp, crazy. You can power two homes just in the parasitic loss from a dirt bike.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
5/30/2019 11:53am
Holy shit! My favorite sock-puppet has returned. The Vital world changed forever the day you laid the ol', "Much ty" on us all.
jonboy688
5/30/2019 12:09pm
Falcon wrote:
byke wrote:
Not questioning this because I think you're right, but it's weird how much power is lost after the crank. Like if the bike were on a...
Not questioning this because I think you're right, but it's weird how much power is lost after the crank. Like if the bike were on a stand and the primary gear were removed and you just rotated the basket by hand, that's obviously not taking 10hp from your arm to rotate, but at peak hp it somehow is. Basically a bike is wasting an entire 7500 watt generator between the crank and the rear sprocket at peak hp, crazy. You can power two homes just in the parasitic loss from a dirt bike.
measurement of power, or the rate at which work is done, yes it is easy to spin a wheel, chain, and others by hand in neutral..... now put it in gear and how hard does it get? now how hard is it to spin at what ever ratio the final drive is at peak hp????? thats why you have a loss of power from the crank to the wheel
byke
5/30/2019 12:16pm
I hear ya, but I can't help to think about what can be done with 10hp. Like if you could somehow mate a crf110 top end to a new 450, it wouldn't move?

Post a reply to: KTM SX-F 450 Peak power

The Latest