KTM Linkage

shaneo837
Anyone know the difference between the Factory Connection linkage and the REP linkage for the KTM 250F/350F?
|
m21racing
2/3/2020 8:54am
N2D suspension is a good source for linkage recommendations. They work with luxon who makes some upgrades for the KTM. Link and pivot, can be swapped to improve performance, and they have the data to prove it, which is important.
Matt_Paderta
2/3/2020 2:21pm
N2D Luxon linkage knuckle is the best setup for the KTM rear end. You will have to get your shock valved stiffer.

I tried the stock link vs N2D Luxon back to back last year and absolutely hated the stock link feel. I believe they developed the geometry before anyone else as far as I know.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
2/3/2020 9:13pm
The REP Link/Knuckle they said you don’t need spring or valving changes. FC and N2D recommend a revalved shock/Spring change when using their set up.

I haven’t tried either but very interested to try on my 19 350SXF.
PTshox
2/4/2020 2:07am
Stock KTM linkage rate is kinda goofy on the 350 (2016 XCF). It's stiff initially and I had to valve the shock light to get it to work on small bumps... then it would blow through the travel on bigger hits. Which I kept trying to fix with valving.

I purchased the The Luxon knuckle. It softens the initial stroke then becomes more progressive. I was able to use the stock spring but I like my bikes soft for small bump absorption. I hate getting hammers in the braking bumps and chop... so I set my bikes up to be plush in those areas.... So if you're after that sort of setup a linkage change or the Luxon/N2D knuckle is a great way to go. btw both companies were very friendly to deal with. No attitude.... Just helpful. That's pretty cool.

The Shop

Flipsid33
2/4/2020 12:42pm
What you guys should know is it really comes down the the rider weight/ability and the model. As most of us already know is the settings for these shocks are all over the map.

So that being said, some riders can benefit from just the linkage and spring but most should Re-valve for the complete package.
From the 16-17 single stage compression stacks to the current models with 45mm shims. Like PT said it's pretty goofy.

Also the bleed shim in the compression adjuster renders it overly soft and not as useful at Low speed.

There are many coming to the show in the linkage market. This is just a nice confirmation in to what we believe will make an okay chassis great. From turning to rough chop it's just better. It's pretty obvious that some just take the geometry and reproduce it with out really knowing what the difference is. Just read the marketing mumbo jumbo..."makes the shock feel more linear"...not true. It's more progressive. That needs to be matched with appropriate shock settings. We are the only ones that back up our claims with true tested data and engineering. Not to mention hours and hours of testing and racing on the toughest tracks. Couple that with un-matched tech support for each individuals success.
LB220
2/4/2020 4:49pm
Anyone running the sdi linkage? Anyone know the recommended sag numbers? The link and knuckle came with no info about it at all.

Post a reply to: KTM Linkage

The Latest