KTM /Husqvarna

just James
Obviously,judging by the results of the first moto, they will never be able to compete with the Japanese brands in SX. Oh.......wait
|
10/14/2017 7:43pm
Why does it matter what brand bike wins? These bikes are no where close to a stock bike. Kenny killed everyone on that “old out dated Suzuki”
10/14/2017 7:59pm
Why does it matter what brand bike wins? These bikes are no where close to a stock bike. Kenny killed everyone on that “old out dated...
Why does it matter what brand bike wins? These bikes are no where close to a stock bike. Kenny killed everyone on that “old out dated Suzuki”
amen.!
Bramlett321
10/14/2017 8:15pm
just James wrote:
Obviously,judging by the results of the first moto, they will never be able to compete with the Japanese brands in SX. Oh.......wait
Man they just said that KTM/Husky have been 1,2,3,4,5 both races , that's impressive!!
BobPA
10/14/2017 8:17pm
Why does it matter what brand bike wins? These bikes are no where close to a stock bike. Kenny killed everyone on that “old out dated...
True dat

The Shop

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
10/14/2017 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2017 10:29pm
Actually the ktms are very similar to stock compared to the other manufactures. Mxa said in a test of dungeys bike many of the internal engine components are stock. And unlike other manufactures you can buy the exact race parts from ktm if you have the money. And the bike is so light to begin with that their bikes aren't dramatically lighter than stock.

Take away the bling and strength items, wheels, brakes, triple clamps, you would be left with just engine and suspension to equal a factory level bike. No so with other brands.
10/14/2017 10:37pm
If tomac had one he would be 2017 sx champ. If Tomac had one he wouldnt have axed himself trying to chase Marv tonight....My opinion anyway..
kiwifan
10/15/2017 12:25am
yup !!
kiwifan
10/15/2017 12:28am
Actually the ktms are very similar to stock compared to the other manufactures. Mxa said in a test of dungeys bike many of the internal engine...
Actually the ktms are very similar to stock compared to the other manufactures. Mxa said in a test of dungeys bike many of the internal engine components are stock. And unlike other manufactures you can buy the exact race parts from ktm if you have the money. And the bike is so light to begin with that their bikes aren't dramatically lighter than stock.

Take away the bling and strength items, wheels, brakes, triple clamps, you would be left with just engine and suspension to equal a factory level bike. No so with other brands.
so you say all the other brands are much less stock than KTMs, do you rip all factory brands apart to know they are not stock or are stock? c'mon dude!!!!
downard254
10/15/2017 5:21am
I think in ‘84, Rick Johnson’s YZ250 was much more stock than Ron Lechein’s RC250, same goes for Broc Glover’s ‘85 air cooled YZ490 vs David Bailey’s RC500. Pretty sure talent plays a little part.
c3011
10/15/2017 5:55am
Was JB51 the highest placing rider not on a ktm/husky?
10/15/2017 5:56am
Actually the ktms are very similar to stock compared to the other manufactures. Mxa said in a test of dungeys bike many of the internal engine...

There is no stock counterpart to the KTM / Husqvarna bikes they raced at MEC last night which you can even purchase, so that makes absolutely no sense.
10/15/2017 6:32am
c3011 wrote:
Was JB51 the highest placing rider not on a ktm/husky?
That wasn't factory...important tidbit.
10/15/2017 7:04am
These bikes are factory and everyone who isn’t an ignoramus knows its the rider, not the bike.
just James
10/15/2017 7:31am
Simply a coincidence that they(KTM /Husqvarna) consistently placed so high in the finishing order.
All of the brands are equal.
Nothing to see here folks, move along.
mingham97
10/15/2017 7:34am

There is no stock counterpart to the KTM / Husqvarna bikes they raced at MEC last night which you can even purchase, so that makes absolutely...
There is no stock counterpart to the KTM / Husqvarna bikes they raced at MEC last night which you can even purchase, so that makes absolutely no sense.
We will have this conversation in 10 weeks and you will be wrong. Zesiger is mostly correct
10/15/2017 7:36am
just James wrote:
Simply a coincidence that they(KTM /Husqvarna) consistently placed so high in the finishing order. All of the brands are equal. Nothing to see here folks, move...
Simply a coincidence that they(KTM /Husqvarna) consistently placed so high in the finishing order.
All of the brands are equal.
Nothing to see here folks, move along.
KTM / Husqvarna employ the most top riders. They invest the most money in the sport of all the manufacturers. They make a good product, but it's not the bike that is winning the races. If you can't see that, then you are just an orange and white fan boy.
10/15/2017 7:37am
mingham97 wrote:
We will have this conversation in 10 weeks and you will be wrong. Zesiger is mostly correct
Right now isn't ten weeks from now then, is it?
mingham97
10/15/2017 7:49am
mingham97 wrote:
Right now isn't ten weeks from now then, is it?
Youve missed the point i think mate
just James
10/15/2017 8:08am
KTM / Husqvarna employ the most top riders. They invest the most money in the sport of all the manufacturers. They make a good product, but...
KTM / Husqvarna employ the most top riders. They invest the most money in the sport of all the manufacturers. They make a good product, but it's not the bike that is winning the races. If you can't see that, then you are just an orange and white fan boy.
Yes, my brand of choice is KTM. However, I would gladly admit if some other brand had clearly dominated the event.
10/15/2017 8:16am
just James wrote:
Yes, my brand of choice is KTM. However, I would gladly admit if some other brand had clearly dominated the event.
What exactly is the point of this thread again?
Tim507
10/15/2017 9:01am

There is no stock counterpart to the KTM / Husqvarna bikes they raced at MEC last night which you can even purchase, so that makes absolutely...
mingham97 wrote:
For the most part this is the 18.5 FE. SX has to be a "stock" base bike available to the public. We will see a new shock that's clear and it might be a Trax, but certainly not that Factory Shock. Same for the forks, more than likely 48 AER (Cone up grade - perhaps) as KTM needs to step it up a bit.

Nice product and I do think this will Moto!
racer495a
10/15/2017 9:33am
BobPA wrote:
True dat
I think cooper would argue this point. The yamaha reverse engine screws up the handling. The 18 may be better but I doubt he sticks around blue after his contract expires.
deluxeman
10/16/2017 9:04am
KTM/ Husky has Aldon Baker...........

Kawasaki has a young man trying to earn a degree in excavation whenever he gets passed by an orange bike.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/16/2017 9:09am
You should have told that to Barcia. He seems to think that the brand does make a difference so he switched back to Honda after struggling with Suzuki and Yamaha.
c0ncEpT
10/16/2017 9:10am
racer495a wrote:
I think cooper would argue this point. The yamaha reverse engine screws up the handling. The 18 may be better but I doubt he sticks around...
I think cooper would argue this point. The yamaha reverse engine screws up the handling. The 18 may be better but I doubt he sticks around blue after his contract expires.
So screwed up that it won the 250 championship 3 out of the last 4 years since its release.
BobPA
10/16/2017 9:19am
racer495a wrote:
I think cooper would argue this point. The yamaha reverse engine screws up the handling. The 18 may be better but I doubt he sticks around...
c0ncEpT wrote:
So screwed up that it won the 250 championship 3 out of the last 4 years since its release.
250's bro. You have to admit that it sure seems that the design has its flaws with the big bike. Maybe not at the AM level, but pros seem to struggle with it.

Post a reply to: KTM /Husqvarna

The Latest