KTM /Husqvarna

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2017 7:20 PM

Obviously,judging by the results of the first moto, they will never be able to compete with the Japanese brands in SX. Oh.......wait

|

10/14/2017 7:43 PM

Why does it matter what brand bike wins? These bikes are no where close to a stock bike. Kenny killed everyone on that “old out dated Suzuki”

|

10/14/2017 7:59 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Why does it matter what brand bike wins? These bikes are no where close to a stock bike. Kenny killed everyone on that “old out dated Suzuki”

amen.!

|

10/14/2017 8:15 PM

just James wrote:

Obviously,judging by the results of the first moto, they will never be able to compete with the Japanese brands in SX. Oh.......wait

Man they just said that KTM/Husky have been 1,2,3,4,5 both races , that's impressive!!

|

10/14/2017 8:17 PM

True dat

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

10/14/2017 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2017 10:29 PM

Actually the ktms are very similar to stock compared to the other manufactures. Mxa said in a test of dungeys bike many of the internal engine components are stock. And unlike other manufactures you can buy the exact race parts from ktm if you have the money. And the bike is so light to begin with that their bikes aren't dramatically lighter than stock.

Take away the bling and strength items, wheels, brakes, triple clamps, you would be left with just engine and suspension to equal a factory level bike. No so with other brands.

|

10/14/2017 10:37 PM

If tomac had one he would be 2017 sx champ. If Tomac had one he wouldnt have axed himself trying to chase Marv tonight....My opinion anyway..

|

10/15/2017 12:25 AM

yup !!

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/15/2017 12:28 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Actually the ktms are very similar to stock compared to the other manufactures. Mxa said in a test of dungeys bike many of the internal engine components are stock. And unlike other manufactures you can buy the exact race parts from ktm if you have the money. And the bike is so light to begin with that their bikes aren't dramatically lighter than stock.

Take away the bling and strength items, wheels, brakes, triple clamps, you would be left with just engine and suspension to equal a factory level bike. No so with other brands.

so you say all the other brands are much less stock than KTMs, do you rip all factory brands apart to know they are not stock or are stock? c'mon dude!!!!

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/15/2017 5:21 AM

I think in ‘84, Rick Johnson’s YZ250 was much more stock than Ron Lechein’s RC250, same goes for Broc Glover’s ‘85 air cooled YZ490 vs David Bailey’s RC500. Pretty sure talent plays a little part.

|

10/15/2017 5:55 AM

Was JB51 the highest placing rider not on a ktm/husky?

|

10/15/2017 5:56 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

There is no stock counterpart to the KTM / Husqvarna bikes they raced at MEC last night which you can even purchase, so that makes absolutely no sense.

|

10/15/2017 6:32 AM

c3011 wrote:

Was JB51 the highest placing rider not on a ktm/husky?

That wasn't factory...important tidbit.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/15/2017 7:04 AM

These bikes are factory and everyone who isn’t an ignoramus knows its the rider, not the bike.

|

10/15/2017 7:31 AM

Simply a coincidence that they(KTM /Husqvarna) consistently placed so high in the finishing order.
All of the brands are equal.
Nothing to see here folks, move along.

|

10/15/2017 7:34 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

There is no stock counterpart to the KTM / Husqvarna bikes they raced at MEC last night which you can even purchase, so that makes absolutely no sense.

We will have this conversation in 10 weeks and you will be wrong. Zesiger is mostly correct

|

10/15/2017 7:36 AM

just James wrote:

Simply a coincidence that they(KTM /Husqvarna) consistently placed so high in the finishing order.
All of the brands are equal.
Nothing to see here folks, move along.

KTM / Husqvarna employ the most top riders. They invest the most money in the sport of all the manufacturers. They make a good product, but it's not the bike that is winning the races. If you can't see that, then you are just an orange and white fan boy.

|

10/15/2017 7:37 AM

mingham97 wrote:

We will have this conversation in 10 weeks and you will be wrong. Zesiger is mostly correct

Right now isn't ten weeks from now then, is it?

|

10/15/2017 7:49 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

mingham97 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Right now isn't ten weeks from now then, is it?

Youve missed the point i think mate

|

10/15/2017 8:08 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

KTM / Husqvarna employ the most top riders. They invest the most money in the sport of all the manufacturers. They make a good product, but it's not the bike that is winning the races. If you can't see that, then you are just an orange and white fan boy.

Yes, my brand of choice is KTM. However, I would gladly admit if some other brand had clearly dominated the event.

|

10/15/2017 8:16 AM

just James wrote:

Yes, my brand of choice is KTM. However, I would gladly admit if some other brand had clearly dominated the event.

What exactly is the point of this thread again?

|

10/15/2017 9:01 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

mingham97 wrote:

For the most part this is the 18.5 FE. SX has to be a "stock" base bike available to the public. We will see a new shock that's clear and it might be a Trax, but certainly not that Factory Shock. Same for the forks, more than likely 48 AER (Cone up grade - perhaps) as KTM needs to step it up a bit.

Nice product and I do think this will Moto!

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

10/15/2017 9:33 AM

BobPA wrote:

True dat

I think cooper would argue this point. The yamaha reverse engine screws up the handling. The 18 may be better but I doubt he sticks around blue after his contract expires.

|

10/16/2017 9:04 AM

KTM/ Husky has Aldon Baker...........

Kawasaki has a young man trying to earn a degree in excavation whenever he gets passed by an orange bike.

|

10/16/2017 9:09 AM

You should have told that to Barcia. He seems to think that the brand does make a difference so he switched back to Honda after struggling with Suzuki and Yamaha.

|

10/16/2017 9:10 AM

racer495a wrote:

I think cooper would argue this point. The yamaha reverse engine screws up the handling. The 18 may be better but I doubt he sticks around blue after his contract expires.

So screwed up that it won the 250 championship 3 out of the last 4 years since its release.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

10/16/2017 9:19 AM

BobPA wrote:

True dat

racer495a wrote:

c0ncEpT wrote:

So screwed up that it won the 250 championship 3 out of the last 4 years since its release.

250's bro. You have to admit that it sure seems that the design has its flaws with the big bike. Maybe not at the AM level, but pros seem to struggle with it.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....