KTM Factory edition in limited class at LL

What are the thoughts about the KTM factory edition bikes in the limited classes at LL's? That big of an advantage over riders on other manufacturers, or no?
|
Lunch_Box
8/1/2017 11:56am
What is the advantage? Slip on exhaust?
IceMan446
8/1/2017 11:58am
Some hondas don't come with electric start but you can buy the kit, can you run those in the limited class??

Technically its a stock honda part, but an option you can purchase with the bike when you buy it.

Not stirring the pot, just something i thought of when I read your thread title.
Motofinne
8/1/2017 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 12:12pm
Lunch_Box wrote:
What is the advantage? Slip on exhaust?
Slip on, that is the only "performance" part on the FE bikes. But there are people that claim that the stock muffler is just as good as the FMF or Akrapovic that comes with the bikes.
jonboy688
8/1/2017 12:07pm
pretty sure the stock exh makes more power no? just the slip on tit muffler is lighter

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/1/2017 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 12:21pm
If there should be any fuss over anything is having the right to run the KTM SXS models in the limited class. Not sure how that's allowed but it is.
kiwifan
8/1/2017 12:59pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Some hondas don't come with electric start but you can buy the kit, can you run those in the limited class?? Technically its a stock honda...
Some hondas don't come with electric start but you can buy the kit, can you run those in the limited class??

Technically its a stock honda part, but an option you can purchase with the bike when you buy it.

Not stirring the pot, just something i thought of when I read your thread title.
the Honda isnt a limited edition bike, it is a mass production bike with an optional accessory put on ...please dont care apples with rocks.

I dont see why the FE has got its own class, seems a bit weird to me, whether its a limited run or not it is still a production bike
Bramlett321
8/1/2017 1:09pm
What are the thoughts about the KTM factory edition bikes in the limited classes at LL's? That big of an advantage over riders on other manufacturers...
What are the thoughts about the KTM factory edition bikes in the limited classes at LL's? That big of an advantage over riders on other manufacturers, or no?
The bike is the same, just some shinier parts and that slip on. I wouldn't think there's an advantage of any kind unless you catch a glare from some of the orange shine.
Tracktor
8/1/2017 1:48pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If there should be any fuss over anything is having the right to run the KTM SXS models in the limited class. Not sure how that's...
If there should be any fuss over anything is having the right to run the KTM SXS models in the limited class. Not sure how that's allowed but it is.
They were purpose built much like the Cobra CARD for running in the Limited classes. The purpose was to make mini racing as expensive as possible............
IceMan446
8/1/2017 2:53pm
kiwifan wrote:
the Honda isnt a limited edition bike, it is a mass production bike with an optional accessory put on ...please dont care apples with rocks. I...
the Honda isnt a limited edition bike, it is a mass production bike with an optional accessory put on ...please dont care apples with rocks.

I dont see why the FE has got its own class, seems a bit weird to me, whether its a limited run or not it is still a production bike
kiwifan....did you not read my last sentence???

I said i wasn't stirring the pot, just asking a general question. I don't know enough about the rules which is why I asked, but if its something you buy AFTER the fact, doesn't that constitute not stock???

Ease up on the juice man, it was just a question. No rock comparing going on here.
kiwifan
8/1/2017 3:02pm
kiwifan wrote:
the Honda isnt a limited edition bike, it is a mass production bike with an optional accessory put on ...please dont care apples with rocks. I...

IceMan446 wrote:
kiwifan....did you not read my last sentence??? I said i wasn't stirring the pot, just asking a general question. I don't know enough about the rules...
kiwifan....did you not read my last sentence???

I said i wasn't stirring the pot, just asking a general question. I don't know enough about the rules which is why I asked, but if its something you buy AFTER the fact, doesn't that constitute not stock???

Ease up on the juice man, it was just a question. No rock comparing going on here.
ok, and please dont take my post as a overly emotionally one, it wasnt meant to be. What I was trying to point out is that the FE is a limited run of a bike, the Honda is mass produced one that you can add accessories to...hence the rule does not apply to that (and any other) bike that can do that.

As I said I dont understand why they have made a special case for the FE
8/1/2017 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 3:24pm
Factory Edition bikes, as they come off the showroom floor, are STOCK. You can't compare it to the non-FE bikes, because it's its own model. It's a mass produced, homolgated, production motorcycle. I know the term "Stock Factory Edition" may sound like an oxymoron, but that's exactly what it is. ...now, I'm no AMA official, but, am I not correct with that thought process?
Spergen
8/1/2017 4:48pm
Or another one would be the 18 TM's, have read the 250f is an exact copy of the current bike they run in the GP's. Not sure on the 450 but that must be a HUGE advantage over the competition
mx317
8/1/2017 5:31pm
You can't run a 2018 model at Loretta's, but a FE is considered a 2017 model and that makes it legal.

Post a reply to: KTM Factory edition in limited class at LL

The Latest