KTM Domination

4/7/2019 7:05am
VRR7 wrote:
Jeremy and Mickaël Pichon and Sébastien Tortelli and and ... IMO it was the PDS ! PDS shock has never won in Premium Class ever...
Jeremy and Mickaël Pichon and Sébastien Tortelli and and ... IMO it was the PDS ! PDS shock has never won in Premium Class ever ! FIM and AMA - Only 125/MX2 classes ( Less power ) - It is called cavitation !!! Cavitation is a problem for shocks and what makes it worse ? Yes 2 Pistons in the shock .. PDS is good for weight transfer ( woods ) linkages gives best progressive suspension.

Marketing is where KTM is very good !!! Like Microsoft they win because their marking is better not necessary the product. What irritates a Unix guru is the arrogance of a Microsoft engineer. Also the KTM cool aid IMO is what is bad about KTM not the product . The bikes are good but when the KTM fan boys go off it like a who can compensate the most. A popular beach is great until its popularity spoils it.

And yes they are doing good Austrian product in the top 10 ! Is really showing the Japanese have lost focus ... which is why AMA 250 is down because of focus in AMA 450 - So it is not the bike it is "Focus" call it Mojo the KTM/Husky teams and racing efforts sure have that going on at the moment.

Kawasaki / Honda - Good riders - Good bikes - Mojo nope !!! It is why the keep on creating their own bad luck - Eli won the main but he broke the bike it smoked like a chimney and Ken same stuff no coherent collective positive dream going on to keep their efforts and talents as strong as they truly are ! So you get a top ten full of Austrian bikes ! That is why there is a Webb wagon and not a Ken wagon . It is not because Ken has no talent !

Would be nice to see a response as that would be good for the fans but once it has tipped is hard to get it back - See Honda's and the Dakar . KTM own that mountain and Honda and Yamaha cannot regain that position. KTM also own the offroad and enduro high ground . If the Japanese do not wake up to quote on any Sunday ... " looks like they should stick to making piano's" ....
KTM does one thing, they race. Every single bike in their lineup is performane oriented, even their adventure bikes. No other manufacturer can claim this.
4/7/2019 7:07am
RichieW13 wrote:
25 of those Suzuki wins are from Roczen (SX and motos) in 2016 and 2 of them are from Bogle in 2017 (motos).
Forgot KR rode for Suzuki.
shuggs
4/7/2019 7:12am
Its not domination YET!! For this they need Rodger to get a grip on TLD 250's and get them winning constantly. All IMO of course.

The Shop

Ranman68
4/7/2019 12:02pm
In 90 I bought a KTM and it was a great bike. Your bike is better than mine but it’s also the bike that drove McGrath...
In 90 I bought a KTM and it was a great bike. Your bike is better than mine but it’s also the bike that drove McGrath into retirement.

I like your bike but I think your statement is a bit strong.
JMX82 wrote:
Read Mcgrath's book. He actually says that the bike was quite good. It was just freak accident what caused him to retire
I'm sure adapting to the KTM from a Jap bike at that time was a little harder than it would be today. No doubt there'd be some bad races and things happen while adjusting and getting it dialed in. Here he was past his prime, trying to adapt to a drastically different bike, and a Ricky Carmichael on the gate....
I think reality sat in and he knew it was time to hang up the boots.
Ranman68
4/7/2019 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 12:05pm
4/7/2019 12:32pm
I always find it weird KTM people get shit? Ya, some of them are a bit overboard with their orange love. But it's no worse than the Honda fan boys that try to act like it's still the Honda of the 80's and early 90's. They haven't won a premier class title in 16 years.........

Post a reply to: KTM Domination

The Latest