KTM Demo Ride Information.

Dizzy714
Fantasy
3695th
I'm looking for some information in regards to the demo requirements. Listed on KTM's website there's two asterisks, 1) Entree fee required 2) Dealer invitation required.

I called the local KTM dealer (Orange, CA - Katella/Main) and he had absolutely no information, clueless. He said he would look into this and reach back out to me. It's been a week and I've heard nothing. I'm looking to shoot up to the Hangtown demo on the 25th of this month and am not risking that drive just to be shut down. So for those of you that have participated, was there any special requirements/fee's/etc or do you just show up?

It also says you're limited to one ride per model. How lenient were they with this in regards to allowing a second ride on a model? And how many laps are you able to spin on each model?

While I've got this 21 question thread flowing. How does the (is it $1,500?) rebate work? Basically how much should a 17' 350/450 cost me OTD after all taxes and fees included? The demo will likely depict if I go with a 350 or 450, right now I'm leaning towards the 350.

Appreciate any help & info.
|
dedi684
8/4/2017 10:19am
It's 500 fpr parts and accessories. I was looking at a 17 xcf 350 with the 2000 rebate was 7999 plus taxes.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
8/4/2017 10:22am
I did one of these in 2013. They were strict about riding one model once - they had us line up and each time you rode a bike, your card got punched for that model. Then you had one extra ride on any model. I believe we got 2-3 laps on each - but no one was really watching that as closely, so you could spin an extra 1-2 without them saying anything.

I dont recall paying an entry fee to ride. And when I did this, there was just a $500 KTM hard parts discount at time of purchase I believe.
JohnMatrix
8/4/2017 10:27am
The dealer that is "hosting" the event is Nor-Cal Motorsports I believe. As far as I know, you have to visit the dealership to get a pass for the event. That's what they told me over IM anyways.
Dizzy714
Fantasy
3695th
8/4/2017 11:39am
Well, shoot, if you have to physically visit the dealership to grab that invitation then it sounds like a no-go for me. I'll have to call them up and see if they'll grant the exception. Other than that, no entry fee's?

$500 parts discount for attending the demo is separate as I'm aware. How about the actual KTM rebate? Any information as to when this rebate program expires?

The Shop

8/4/2017 11:49am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 11:50am
I have done it the past 2 years. It's not as crazy as it sounds.
1. Find the dealership hosting the event and give them a call. Explain that you are coming from of town.
2. Ask if they can either mail you the pass or meet you at the track with it. BTW the pass is nothing more than a paper with the dealerships name on it. It's not some secret credential.
3. There should not be a fee to participate, the only thing i could see a fee for is if the track is charging a gate fee but I have not ran into that.
4. You can ride every model 1 time for 2 laps maybe 4 depending on the track. It is on the honor system. You Are Given A Lanyard To Wear When You ride. You will get on a bike and ride to a person with a hole punch. They will punch the card for the bike you are on. You do get one " bonus ride" meaning you can ride one bike twice.
5. Plan to show up early and relax don't be in a rush to ride everything. Make a day of it.
Dizzy714
Fantasy
3695th
8/5/2017 1:45pm
Thanks for the informative information Racer.

I called up and a guy at the dealership is willing to meet me at the track with the invitation card, so that's great.

Also! The date is actually Monday the 21st and NOT Friday the 25th. The webpage schedule is incorrect and he said they're having their IT guy fix that, it's not already up. So just a heads up if anybody here was intending to attend that Hangtown demo.
eeazye
8/5/2017 1:59pm
I have done it the past 2 years. It's not as crazy as it sounds. 1. Find the dealership hosting the event and give them a...
I have done it the past 2 years. It's not as crazy as it sounds.
1. Find the dealership hosting the event and give them a call. Explain that you are coming from of town.
2. Ask if they can either mail you the pass or meet you at the track with it. BTW the pass is nothing more than a paper with the dealerships name on it. It's not some secret credential.
3. There should not be a fee to participate, the only thing i could see a fee for is if the track is charging a gate fee but I have not ran into that.
4. You can ride every model 1 time for 2 laps maybe 4 depending on the track. It is on the honor system. You Are Given A Lanyard To Wear When You ride. You will get on a bike and ride to a person with a hole punch. They will punch the card for the bike you are on. You do get one " bonus ride" meaning you can ride one bike twice.
5. Plan to show up early and relax don't be in a rush to ride everything. Make a day of it.
Can't stress number 5 on this list enough. If it's anything like the one they put on around here, just take your riding gear. Leave your bike at home, you won't have time to ride it if you want to try 3-4 different new models. Also, the wait time around here is even worse for the off-road bikes.

The guys that put it on are really laid back and cool. Just don't be Ricky Racer and flog the equipment to death. That's the only time I've ever seen the event workers get mad. They'll let you ride the same model twice if no one is in line for it.

Make a day of it and have fun!

Post a reply to: KTM Demo Ride Information.

The Latest