KTM Canada - Connor Mullennix

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
Looks like amateur rider Connor Mullennix will be racing the final round of the Canadian Nationals for the KTM Team as a fill in for Cole Thompson.

He's currently a B rider down south for the KTM Orange Brigade team. He's looking at getting some pro/am experience before moving up to A class next year.

I don't follow amateur racing, does anyone have info on him? Any idea if he'll run near the front, podium, win?
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/4/2017 5:04pm
The kid is fast and has a great future. I'd say 8-13th? Hard to say as I don't know the Canadian field super well.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/4/2017 7:04pm
The kid is fast and has a great future. I'd say 8-13th? Hard to say as I don't know the Canadian field super well.
Just wonderin if the kid is fast and an Orange Brigade rider how come he's not moving to the Troy Lee KTM team?

Seems like the riders that go to A class usually end up moving to the pro class as privateers or on support rides.

From what I remember you hear a lot more about B riders moving up to pro than staying amateur and moving up to the A class. I guess injuries could for a kid to move to A in order to get more experience.

Like I mentioned I don't follow amateur racing so I have no idea of his background or how long he's been riding for.

Where's he from anyway? What state?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/4/2017 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 7:50pm
Keep in mind, its a fill in ride so I wouldnt read too much into it. Maybe its just an opportunity to get his feet wet. Don't B riders ride in the Canadian nationals mixed in (or is that the Australian series)? Maybe he is going to ride it with the B classification and still go A for next year.

He's from California.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/4/2017 8:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just wonderin if the kid is fast and an Orange Brigade rider how come he's not moving to the Troy Lee KTM team? Seems like the...
Just wonderin if the kid is fast and an Orange Brigade rider how come he's not moving to the Troy Lee KTM team?

Seems like the riders that go to A class usually end up moving to the pro class as privateers or on support rides.

From what I remember you hear a lot more about B riders moving up to pro than staying amateur and moving up to the A class. I guess injuries could for a kid to move to A in order to get more experience.

Like I mentioned I don't follow amateur racing so I have no idea of his background or how long he's been riding for.

Where's he from anyway? What state?
TLD is already extremely full for the next few seasons. Cantrell moved up at Hangtown, they have Falk in A class and moving up next year, Derick Drake is behind him and the that Prado kid from GPS is planning on coming over in 2019. Plus the team has McElrath, Martin, and Smith under contract...then they have to figure out Oldenburg's deal too.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/4/2017 8:33pm
As mentioned above, he can race Canada then do A class down here next year. Dean Wilson did that one year too.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/4/2017 10:05pm
kzizok wrote:
Keep in mind, its a fill in ride so I wouldnt read too much into it. Maybe its just an opportunity to get his feet wet...
Keep in mind, its a fill in ride so I wouldnt read too much into it. Maybe its just an opportunity to get his feet wet. Don't B riders ride in the Canadian nationals mixed in (or is that the Australian series)? Maybe he is going to ride it with the B classification and still go A for next year.

He's from California.
You can ride the Canadian Nationals as an Intermediate/B rider but they changed the ruled this year so that you can't compete down down south/Loretta's/etc. as a B rider once you do. Meaning if you line up to race the nationals as a B rider you'll be force to the A class the next year no matter what your results are.

Previously you could line up as a B rider and stay B down south/Loretta's/etc. Personally, I say if you line up as a B rider and score X amount of points or get a top 100 number than yes you should be bumped to the A class. If you fail to score X amount of points and don't get a top 100 number I don't get why you couldn't stay in the B class. Having said that rules are rules and everybody has to follow them.

As for Mullenix doing the last round up here that's exactly why he's coming up. It's just to get some experience in the pro class. Whether he rides with the Yellow plates or the Black plates it won't make a difference as he's moving up to A class next year. Seeing as he'll be on under the team KTM tent he'll more than likely have black plates with his number on the bike.

Either way it's always interesting to see how those kids do once they move up. I'll try and remember to post about him in two weeks time at the final round in Barrie.
F.B
8/4/2017 11:29pm
Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking Mullennix.

Post a reply to: KTM Canada - Connor Mullennix

The Latest