KTM 350 Stuck at Top dead center?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2018 5:35 PM

Anyone have a problem with their KTM 350 getting stuck at TDC? I have a 2017 350 SXF. Twice I have had it flame out after I started it to warm it up for my second moto. Both times I blipped the throttle and it flamed out and the engine was stuck. I had to try to bump start it to free it up. Bike has 30 hours on it and has been well maintained never made any abnormal noises or anything. Anyone else experience this?

|

9/28/2018 8:19 PM

Cranks tying up?

|

9/28/2018 10:43 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

Cranks tying up?

I'm unsure of what you are saying.

|

9/29/2018 5:27 AM

Leaking fuel injector causing hydro lock.

Paw Paw

|

9/29/2018 6:57 AM

Put it in gear and roll it backwards, this is called backing it down and will remove the liquid from the cylinder enough to allow the piston to roll through. I would suggest figuring out why it is happening. A liquid will not, repeat, will not compress, you will however bend rods, and/or break pistons, etc...

|

Was once there, now old, fat and tired... require much more horsepower now...

9/29/2018 4:04 PM

goinrcn44h wrote:

Put it in gear and roll it backwards, this is called backing it down and will remove the liquid from the cylinder enough to ...more

That's the way I freed it up. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm going to pull the injector and check there.

|

9/29/2018 5:53 PM

Good luck seeing anything after pulling the injector, it’s under the throttle body. But it might be the easiest part to just replace and hope it fixes the issue. You can also try and cycle it with a 9v battery, just to listen to it Incase it does something weird.

|

9/29/2018 5:54 PM

Did you do anything aftermarket, like a recluse?

|

9/29/2018 8:55 PM

Nothing aftermarket except suspension mods. i'm going to take the injector to work and hook it up to our Motorvac machine and cycle it with some jumper leads to see if it drips or anything. Honestly i think it has something to do with the fuel algorithm. It has only done it after a long hot soak and it seemed that both times it did it were under the same conditions.

|

9/30/2018 4:10 AM

I just came here for the "long hot soak"silly

injector makes sense. hope you get it dialed.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/29/2019 6:37 PM

Just an update here it ended up being a leaky injector.

|

1/29/2019 7:07 PM

kdawson252 wrote:

Just an update here it ended up being a leaky injector.

That is what I felt like it was.

Paw Paw

|

1/30/2019 5:10 AM

#readytorace

|