KTM 350 SXF. BRAND NEW COMPLETELY STOCK

captmoto
2/7/2021 10:45am
Danny Dirt wrote:
By the way guys I was kind of asking if my running in process is sounding ok to you all. What you think?
Thanks
Did you read the owner's manual regarding break in? I hope you didn't leave it idling on a stand in your garage. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard of for breaking in.
2/7/2021 4:32pm
Danny Dirt wrote:
By the way guys I was kind of asking if my running in process is sounding ok to you all. What you think?
Thanks
captmoto wrote:
Did you read the owner's manual regarding break in? I hope you didn't leave it idling on a stand in your garage. That's the dumbest thing...
Did you read the owner's manual regarding break in? I hope you didn't leave it idling on a stand in your garage. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard of for breaking in.
Yeah that’s basically what I did. It was on the ground i let the bike warm up until the radiators went warm not hot then turned it off until it was cold and then done again 2 times. Then I took for a gentle drive let it cool down, then I took it out and ran through the gears up to 5 and back again taking to about half throttle.
What should I do next in your opinion
tobz
2/7/2021 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 4:52pm
Danny Dirt wrote:
Thanks
captmoto wrote:
Did you read the owner's manual regarding break in? I hope you didn't leave it idling on a stand in your garage. That's the dumbest thing...
Danny Dirt wrote:
Yeah that’s basically what I did. It was on the ground i let the bike warm up until the radiators went warm not hot then turned...
Yeah that’s basically what I did. It was on the ground i let the bike warm up until the radiators went warm not hot then turned it off until it was cold and then done again 2 times. Then I took for a gentle drive let it cool down, then I took it out and ran through the gears up to 5 and back again taking to about half throttle.
Just ride it as normal with oil changes as per your manual, no rev limiting but pushing it through the gears. Don’t stress about it too much your bike is fine.

Enjoy that new bike feeling.

The Shop

murph783
2/7/2021 5:10pm
Don’t overthink break in, run it for an hour or so and change the oil and filter and then send it. Yeah definitely get your suspension set and other than that run it and see if you can identify any weak points, if it’s doing something you don’t like, address that, other than that run it
2/7/2021 5:17pm
tobz wrote:
Get that suspension set up for you and pin that sucker.
Ok bro but what you mean by pin it
Thanks
DA498
2/7/2021 5:19pm
tobz wrote:
Danny Dirt wrote:
Thanks
Just sell it.....WTF!!
tobz
2/7/2021 5:22pm
tobz wrote:
Danny Dirt wrote:
Thanks
DA498 wrote:
Just sell it.....WTF!!
Yeah I’m starting to think we’re getting trolled now
2/7/2021 5:46pm
Danny Dirt wrote:
Thanks
DA498 wrote:
Just sell it.....WTF!!
tobz wrote:
Yeah I’m starting to think we’re getting trolled now
We don’t use the word pin it over here I don’t think, I assume you mean hammer it ?
SrfNdirt
2/7/2021 5:51pm
Twist the grip? Best mods I've done are spring forks and BRP solid bar mounts.
2/7/2021 5:58pm
Danny Dirt wrote:
Hi everyone First time on the forum today So I have just finished the running in hot to cold cycles and have ridden around a small...
Hi everyone
First time on the forum today
So I have just finished the running in hot to cold cycles and have ridden around a small space the bike is saying half hour use.
Tommorow I’m going to take it out and run through the gears up and down for half hour taking it to about half throttle.
Then I will let it cool down again completely and I’m going to try open it up as much as I can and have a little rip about for a while. Then drop the run in oil and replace with the proper one.
What upgrades do you think I will definitely benefit from? I’m thinking more about stability suspension balancing etc although I have read they are a bit sluggish down low stock.
I think that knowing what upgrades are available I will be able to look out for where I might like them on this first ride in sock mode.
I’m 16 stone and have been told I may have to adjust the suspension accordingly so any input on that will be great.
Thanks all
Danny
Danny Dirt wrote:
Thanks
Nobody follows a running in procedure like yours bro! Warm it up. Race it! Don’t flatter yourself that you’re capable enough to give a 350 a...
Nobody follows a running in procedure like yours bro!

Warm it up.
Race it!

Don’t flatter yourself that you’re capable enough to give a 350 a hard enough time that you’re going to damage it.
Nah bro I’m scared shitless of her right now, I haven’t ridden with any seriousness in over 10 years.
Just trying to do things properly for long term benefits of the bike
Cheers
hititpind
2/7/2021 8:38pm
Way over thinking this dude. Change the oil and go rip. Enjoy the bike.
2/7/2021 8:58pm
hititpind wrote:
I think your right bro
2/7/2021 9:42pm
hititpind wrote:
Should I change the oil filter and take out that little screen and clean it on the first oil change of the bike?
Thanks
WEAL
2/7/2021 11:46pm
Did you ever read the manual?
captmoto
2/7/2021 11:47pm
Danny Dirt wrote:
Yeah that’s basically what I did. It was on the ground i let the bike warm up until the radiators went warm not hot then turned...
When the radiators get to where they feel warm I just take off. Honestly, read your manual and see what is recommended. On my 17 FC450, 10 hours was recommended break in time. Hah, I couldn't wait that long. I just rode it without pinning the throttle, slipping the clutch or or doing gate drop starts. After that I just rode it like a race bike. These bikes are not fragile.
2/8/2021 12:13am
WEAL wrote:
Did you ever read the manual?
Yes I did and it said drive it straight away 50% throttle 1st hour to 75% until 3 hours if I’m not mistaken I will check later and confirm
xrmark
2/8/2021 3:29pm
Moto520 wrote:
Bars, throttle tube, skid plate, axle blocks, air to spring front fork and you are good.
This shit cracks me up. Why would anyone who hasn’t ridden in years absolutely “need” these upgrades lol him buying everything you said makes no sense. I race 25+ B and I haven’t changed a dam thing on my bike. 108 hours still runs perfectly fine and is suitable for anyone. All bone stock. It’s ridiculous to tell someone they need all this shit right when they get a new bike if they’re just going to roll around the vet all day. Unless you’re pro class fast these upgrades are pointless. Stock bikes are so good now. Wish people would stop coming on here and asking for everyone’s opinion about what they need to do to THEIR bike lol
Moto520
2/8/2021 5:57pm
Moto520 wrote:
Bars, throttle tube, skid plate, axle blocks, air to spring front fork and you are good.
xrmark wrote:
This shit cracks me up. Why would anyone who hasn’t ridden in years absolutely “need” these upgrades lol him buying everything you said makes no sense...
This shit cracks me up. Why would anyone who hasn’t ridden in years absolutely “need” these upgrades lol him buying everything you said makes no sense. I race 25+ B and I haven’t changed a dam thing on my bike. 108 hours still runs perfectly fine and is suitable for anyone. All bone stock. It’s ridiculous to tell someone they need all this shit right when they get a new bike if they’re just going to roll around the vet all day. Unless you’re pro class fast these upgrades are pointless. Stock bikes are so good now. Wish people would stop coming on here and asking for everyone’s opinion about what they need to do to THEIR bike lol
I disagree. Have you ever spent time trying to make your bike fit you properly? You are telling me that bars are not a necessity?
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
2/9/2021 2:11am
hititpind wrote:
Danny Dirt wrote:
Should I change the oil filter and take out that little screen and clean it on the first oil change of the bike?
Thanks
Yeaa always give the screen a clean.
I’d change the oil filter first oil change then every 2nd oil change after that. For piece of mind.
Where in the U.K. you from mate? I’ve got a 350 too, if your new to it and want someone to go ride with and sound out your questions etc your welcome to come ride with me your first couple rides when everything opens back up, drop me a mail and I’ll send you my number.
I’m Midlands based so can get to most places within 2-3hours max.
CCicero
2/9/2021 8:49am
Danny Dirt wrote:
captmoto wrote:
When the radiators get to where they feel warm I just take off. Honestly, read your manual and see what is recommended. On my 17 FC450...
When the radiators get to where they feel warm I just take off. Honestly, read your manual and see what is recommended. On my 17 FC450, 10 hours was recommended break in time. Hah, I couldn't wait that long. I just rode it without pinning the throttle, slipping the clutch or or doing gate drop starts. After that I just rode it like a race bike. These bikes are not fragile.
10 hour break in 🤣 you buy that owner's manual from Danny Dirt or what???

This thread is pure dumbgeon
2/11/2021 6:37am
Danny Dirt wrote:
captmoto wrote:
When the radiators get to where they feel warm I just take off. Honestly, read your manual and see what is recommended. On my 17 FC450...
CCicero wrote:

Send me to the dumb John
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/11/2021 7:27am
captmoto wrote:
CCicero wrote:

Danny Dirt wrote:
Send me to the dumb John
Ok.
2/11/2021 11:52am
captmoto wrote:
CCicero wrote:

Danny Dirt wrote:
Send me to the dumb John
Why would anybody dislike this comment ?
PFitzG38
2/11/2021 1:29pm
WEAL wrote:
Doing heat cycles with the bike just idling is the worst for a new engine. The cam(s) need at least 1500 revs (thats 3k on the...
Doing heat cycles with the bike just idling is the worst for a new engine. The cam(s) need at least 1500 revs (thats 3k on the crank) to form an oil wedge and the piston rings need gas pressure to be pressed onto the cylinder surface for proper running in. Adequate gas pressure is only available when the throttle is at least half way up and the engine works against a resistance = track or dyno. So for a perfect ring seal and long living cams/followers I always start my new engines for the first time on the track or dyno, cruise around a lap or 2 minutes allowing to warm up the engine a bit and from then on its WFO. Never had one go wrong. Despite owners trying to fry the new engine by doing heat cycles and other useless procedures almost all engines survive this stupid punishment because of the very high standards of materials and finishes inside those engines.
Makes total sense. Good beta - Thanks
2/11/2021 10:37pm
CCicero wrote:

Danny Dirt wrote:
Send me to the dumb John
Danny Dirt wrote:
Why would anybody dislike this comment ?
Trolls
Burger745
2/13/2021 6:44am
I did the mods keefer suggested and some personal touches. Waiting on Fmf complete exhaust, new seat cover and depending on how new forks perform possible suspension upgrades. I loved my 18’ and can’t wait to twist this thing!

2/19/2021 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 1:30pm
I have a 21 350 SXF aswell. I put factory triple clamps on and bought the wifi connectivity unit and bought an air filter cage for a 21 250sx because it doesn't have a screen. Also went with a ride eng free floating rear axle kit. I'm looking for reviews on the FCP or CMT Engine mounts before I buy them. I don't think I'll do much more

Post a reply to: KTM 350 SXF. BRAND NEW COMPLETELY STOCK

The Latest