KTM 2009 PHOTOS AND SPECS!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2008 2:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 7:15 PM

HI FROM GREECE TO ALL THE RACERS AND FANS OF THE SPORT!
HERE IS SOMETHING FOR YOU:
CHECK OUT SOME OF THE 2009 KTMs WITH SOME INFO (IN GREEK SO YOU WILL NEED A TRANSLATOR).
http://www.enduro.gr/index.cfm?Action=Details&cat01=16&CPiD=2469
I HOPE THIS WILL HELP THE KTM FANS.
PLS USE A TRANSLATOR....
ITS EASY AND STOP THE "ITS ALL GREEK TO ME CRAP".
THANKS

|

Greece all the way!!!!

6/11/2008 4:54 AM

Wow, thanks for that! Really useful being in greek and all.

|

6/11/2008 7:17 AM

Photo
|

6/11/2008 8:21 AM

................and still NO linkage, thought Everts had convinced them to have it for 09?

|

6/11/2008 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2008 8:33 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

................and still NO linkage, thought Everts had convinced them to have it for 09?

I was talking to a tech for American KTM and he said 2010 is when they'll have linkage.

|

6/11/2008 8:36 AM

For those of you that are not fluent in greek

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=289993

|

6/11/2008 10:04 AM

its all greek to me....laughing

|

02 PW80 8) #N8 [LINK TO IMAGE]

6/11/2008 10:06 AM

Sorry Nick .

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

6/11/2008 10:09 AM

Yeah, from what I hear 2010 they will have alloy frame and linkage.

|

6/11/2008 10:11 AM

Well so far from what i've heard 2010 will have big changes for both KTM and Yamaha thus far....can't wait to see!

|

6/11/2008 10:17 AM

chrisgg90 wrote:

Yeah, from what I hear 2010 they will have alloy frame and linkage.

I'm pretty sure that the frame they have in the works for 2010 is going to be made of chromolly, not alloy.

|

6/11/2008 10:48 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Well so far from what i've heard 2010 will have big changes for both KTM and Yamaha thus far....can't wait to see!

Yeah...no more 2-strokes.

|

Without the following support, my race program would not be worthy:

SERVICE HONDA ~ MTA ~ IMS ~ GPR ~ SPIDER GRIPS ~ GLEN HELEN RACEWAY ~ NO TOIL ~ FLUIDYNE ~ MAXXIS ~ FREEK RACING ~ SCVET ~ SRA ~ ENGINE ICE ~ ACERBIS

6/11/2008 10:55 AM

Slow ~ Pro wrote:

Yeah...no more 2-strokes.

I was referring to all new 450 and 250f's

|

6/11/2008 12:54 PM

The big change for 2010 is suppossed to be direct injection 2 strokes and the newest frame design across the board. No linkage and apparently no FI on the 4 strokes.

Factory Connection (and I'm sure others) can make the linkageless suspension work tits w/ a progressive spring and some other mods and then you have all the advantage of no linkage (which is considerable). At an intermediate pace I find the stock KTM suspension better than a CRF450R suspension. I wonder how many of those who complain about no linkage have actually spent any time on a KTM? I suspect that most are just reading mnagazines.

DI would be a revolution and would really spell the death of the modern 4 stroke in racing applications IMO.

KTM's current frames are great but fitting the new DI stuff in has different space requirements hence the change. Plus there is always room for improvement.

|

2013 KTM 250SX on Ohlins, 314cc built stroker engine with 56 very smooth and easy to ride rwhp.

6/11/2008 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2008 1:16 PM

Suns_PSD wrote:

The big change for 2010 is suppossed to be direct injection 2 strokes and the newest frame design across the board. No linkage and apparently no FI on the 4 strokes.

Factory Connection (and I'm sure others) can make the linkageless suspension work tits w/ a progressive spring and some other mods and then you have all the advantage of no linkage (which is considerable). At an intermediate pace I find the stock KTM suspension better than a CRF450R suspension. I wonder how many of those who complain about no linkage have actually spent any time on a KTM? I suspect that most are just reading mnagazines.

DI would be a revolution and would really spell the death of the modern 4 stroke in racing applications IMO.

KTM's current frames are great but fitting the new DI stuff in has different space requirements hence the change. Plus there is always room for improvement.

The rider I am going to the nationals with had a KTM for a year because he got a great deal on it and for a d to slow b rider they are great. If you have the plan to do some outdoor stuff like cycle ranch and local arenacross for money and you are a fast b to a rider the no linkage really seems to hinder you. We had KTM helping with setting up the suspension and still it was horrible. At the end of the year he called the thing a hunk and would only ride one again if he got it for free. They have linkage on there mountain bikes why don't they put it on an MX bike?

|

6/11/2008 1:24 PM

Suns_PSD wrote:

You sure, the guy I was speaking to was very adamant they would have one.
IMO they don't need one and think they are better than most of the JAP bikes, the ones I have rode anyway, I got rid of an 08 RMZ 450 and went back to KTM as it just didn't compare

|

6/11/2008 1:36 PM

I had a 08 505 and the forks were terrible.. The shock was good with a progressive spring but after having the suspension valved 4 times I got rid of it.. The quality of the ktms are top notch they are built really well but there forks just ruin the bike..There really harsh midstroke and just soak up bumps.. I then got a 08 Honda 450 and man the forks were shit on that thing too.. But after RG3 worked there magic its the best suspended bike I ever rode there smart valves and linkage worked wonders on my bike.

|

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"
A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the Calender says W T F!

Factoryphoto.com

6/11/2008 1:46 PM

Factoryphoto wrote:

I had a 08 505 and the forks were terrible.. The shock was good with a progressive spring but after having the suspension valved 4 times I got rid of it.. The quality of the ktms are top notch they are built really well but there forks just ruin the bike..There really harsh midstroke and just soak up bumps.. I then got a 08 Honda 450 and man the forks were shit on that thing too.. But after RG3 worked there magic its the best suspended bike I ever rode there smart valves and linkage worked wonders on my bike.

The guy that does mine, gets his setting direct from KTM, and I love it ,but the forks were harsh when standard.

|

6/11/2008 1:47 PM

+1 to RG3 and Honda's they really know how to make em work. I have the same setup on mine and I've never ridden anything better. As far as the linkage goes good/bad or indifferent I don't care since I have only ridden a 99 so I can't compare it just seems that every critic of KTM's says they suck because of that. That DI 2 stroke does sound appealing but I still stand by my big bore kitted 250f as the perfect bike for me.

|