KTM 125 pricing

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2017 8:09 PM

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

|

9/27/2017 8:20 PM

Photo
|

9/27/2017 8:22 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

But they last forever and don't break down, according to vital.

|

9/27/2017 8:25 PM

Yeah, but it's the best 125 made. That price will drop a few hundo by February or March assuming it's an '18. The beauty of a 125 is that if you really want it but it's too much money you can buy a clean 3 or 4 year old 125sx listed on CL for 5000 for 4500 bucks cash, order the newer style front plate and fender then watch a how-to video on YouTube about rebuilding a top end and jetting it perfectly. Toss some new graphics on there and you're all set. If done right the bike looks and runs as good as new for 5000 bucks out of pocket max. Just my 2 cents.

|

9/27/2017 8:30 PM

Im sorry that KTM has spent so much in R&D for their bikes to make them about as good as they can possibly be (for the time) and that they have to charge more for said bike.

It really blows that these stupid manufacturers cant just sell these stupid pieces of shit for $2,000 like they did BACK IN MY DAY

BACK IN MY DAY
A
C
K

I
N

M
Y

D
A
Y

They should at least add a turbo or something so I can keep up with the 250Fs and even the 450's.

|

9/27/2017 8:42 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

Who owns this criminal shop , which charges you over $1000.00 for bike setup?

I bought my 2017 Husky 125 for $6999.00.....and walked right out the dealership with it for that.

I guess it depends on your shop on weather you can afford a 125 or not. AND....these new 125's are NOT like the old 125's. They will completely smoke the living shit out of any old 125 out there , and that's leaving it bone stock.

Now if $7000.00 is still to high for you to own a new dirt bike?.....I suggest getting a cat , and start collecting figurines.

People crack me up on here. You think those 2 strokes only sell to the mx crowd.....they don't! That's why it's tough to find one at times , because the offroad guys run nothing but 2 strokes.

Don't like 2 strokes.....Good! Stay the fuck away and let us other's have more fun. Or even better yet.....ride both!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/27/2017 8:44 PM

Gotta go out of state for a good deal (I'm also in SoCal). We picked up a 2018 KTM 125 for a friend when we where traveling though Utah. Rocky Mountian in ST. George. Waaay less OTD.

|

9/27/2017 9:01 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

jeffro503 wrote:

Who owns this criminal shop , which charges you over $1000.00 for bike setup?

I bought my 2017 Husky 125 for $6999.00.....and walked right out the dealership with it for that.

I guess it depends on your shop on weather you can afford a 125 or not. AND....these new 125's are NOT like the old 125's. They will completely smoke the living shit out of any old 125 out there , and that's leaving it bone stock.

Now if $7000.00 is still to high for you to own a new dirt bike?.....I suggest getting a cat , and start collecting figurines.

People crack me up on here. You think those 2 strokes only sell to the mx crowd.....they don't! That's why it's tough to find one at times , because the offroad guys run nothing but 2 strokes.

Don't like 2 strokes.....Good! Stay the fuck away and let us other's have more fun. Or even better yet.....ride both!

CA has sales tax though... I miss that in oregon!
Photo

|

9/27/2017 9:37 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

jeffro503 wrote:

Who owns this criminal shop , which charges you over $1000.00 for bike setup?

I bought my 2017 Husky 125 for $6999.00.....and walked right out the dealership with it for that.

I guess it depends on your shop on weather you can afford a 125 or not. AND....these new 125's are NOT like the old 125's. They will completely smoke the living shit out of any old 125 out there , and that's leaving it bone stock.

Now if $7000.00 is still to high for you to own a new dirt bike?.....I suggest getting a cat , and start collecting figurines.

People crack me up on here. You think those 2 strokes only sell to the mx crowd.....they don't! That's why it's tough to find one at times , because the offroad guys run nothing but 2 strokes.

Don't like 2 strokes.....Good! Stay the fuck away and let us other's have more fun. Or even better yet.....ride both!

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

CA has sales tax though... I miss that in oregon!
Photo

I forgot about that Joe....but still , a guy doesn't want to pay the price of a new bike...why bitch about it? Buy something else.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/27/2017 9:56 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Who owns this criminal shop , which charges you over $1000.00 for bike setup?

I bought my 2017 Husky 125 for $6999.00.....and walked right out the dealership with it for that.

I guess it depends on your shop on weather you can afford a 125 or not. AND....these new 125's are NOT like the old 125's. They will completely smoke the living shit out of any old 125 out there , and that's leaving it bone stock.

Now if $7000.00 is still to high for you to own a new dirt bike?.....I suggest getting a cat , and start collecting figurines.

People crack me up on here. You think those 2 strokes only sell to the mx crowd.....they don't! That's why it's tough to find one at times , because the offroad guys run nothing but 2 strokes.

Don't like 2 strokes.....Good! Stay the fuck away and let us other's have more fun. Or even better yet.....ride both!

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

CA has sales tax though... I miss that in oregon!
Photo

jeffro503 wrote:

I forgot about that Joe....but still , a guy doesn't want to pay the price of a new bike...why bitch about it? Buy something else.

X2, people want trick, new technology then complain on prices. Buy used or a leftover model. Can't have it both ways.

|

9/27/2017 10:10 PM

Edge Performance in Ontario, Oregon the 125 is 5342$

|

9/27/2017 10:46 PM

what type of prices are people paying for new YZ 2 strokes? Their 125 and 250 platforms are pretty much unchanged for the past 10 years or so right? (besides plastics)

you can make the argument that KTM has done much more updating which can maybe justify the higher price. But i wonder what a 2008 YZ250 msrp is compared to a 2018? Too lazy to look it up someone please post that info tongue

|

9/27/2017 11:03 PM

mxb2 wrote:

But they last forever and don't break down, according to vital.

You mad bro?

|

9/27/2017 11:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 11:51 PM

MelonFan123 wrote:

what type of prices are people paying for new YZ 2 strokes? Their 125 and 250 platforms are pretty much unchanged for the past 10 years or so right? (besides plastics)

you can make the argument that KTM has done much more updating which can maybe justify the higher price. But i wonder what a 2008 YZ250 msrp is compared to a 2018? Too lazy to look it up someone please post that info tongue

I don't know how its for you guys in US but here in Finland the YZ is only a few hundred of euros cheaper.

Hang on a minute and i will check the prices.

Edit:

YZ 125 2018: 7790€
SX 125 2018: 7995€

YZ 250 2018: 8590€
SX 250 2018: 8660€

I know what new 2 stroke i would buy if i was in that market.

|

9/28/2017 2:12 AM

The new 4 strokes are better in every single way. I dont know why people are so adiment about 2 strokes coming back. Nastalgia i guess. But on topic, $7000 for a 125 is stupid especially when a 2005 yz125 for $2000 will perform about the same.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

9/28/2017 5:04 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

CA has sales tax though... I miss that in oregon!
Photo

jeffro503 wrote:

I forgot about that Joe....but still , a guy doesn't want to pay the price of a new bike...why bitch about it? Buy something else.

mxb2 wrote:

X2, people want trick, new technology then complain on prices. Buy used or a leftover model. Can't have it both ways.

trick new techonoly?? It s carbed 125cc two stroke motor and steel frame. The only arguemnt you could make is new suspension. The reality is manufacture are dictating the market prices and they know it. I paid less than this for a 450 fuel injectoin and air fork (at that time they were firsts in the market place).

I have no problem paying money for something that is new and improved. However if every new model that comes out fits that mold, then by 2027 we'll be paying 15,000 for new bike .

|

I don't crash, I just run out of talent

9/28/2017 5:08 AM

Cool. We have to pay about 2000 USD more here laughing

|

9/28/2017 5:20 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

mxb2 wrote:

But they last forever and don't break down, according to vital.

burn1986 wrote:

You mad bro?

Not at all, but the complaints of pricing gets old. It's 2017. Not 1990, shit costs more money. Pretty sure everybody that has a job, their wages increased also.

|

9/28/2017 5:23 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

I forgot about that Joe....but still , a guy doesn't want to pay the price of a new bike...why bitch about it? Buy something else.

mxb2 wrote:

X2, people want trick, new technology then complain on prices. Buy used or a leftover model. Can't have it both ways.

NJKawi913 wrote:

trick new techonoly?? It s carbed 125cc two stroke motor and steel frame. The only arguemnt you could make is new suspension. The reality is manufacture are dictating the market prices and they know it. I paid less than this for a 450 fuel injectoin and air fork (at that time they were firsts in the market place).

I have no problem paying money for something that is new and improved. However if every new model that comes out fits that mold, then by 2027 we'll be paying 15,000 for new bike .

You really think a 15 year 2 stroke is equal to a 17/18 new smoker?. And the 4 stroke comparison is not even close 2002-. 2018 models.

|

9/28/2017 5:32 AM

I do not miss west coast bike prices. I shop for new leftover models and save $$$ as well.

|

9/28/2017 5:39 AM

mxb2 wrote:

You really think a 15 year 2 stroke is equal to a 17/18 new smoker?. And the 4 stroke comparison is not even close 2002-. 2018 models.

No, a 17/18 does beat older 125's stock for stock all day long. However not nearly enough to warrant the price at which manufactures sell them for. It still a 125cc two stroke motor, with a 38mm carb.

It the simplicty that attracts people to buy these bikes. The average enthusiast can strip these down, bore them out, port and polish, re-jet the carb, etc...In my opinion it is an entry level motocross bike that needs to be priced accordingly.

|

I don't crash, I just run out of talent

9/28/2017 5:52 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

But would you pay $6499 for a YZ125? They're all high, not just the KTM...at least the orange bike looks newer lol.

|

9/28/2017 6:08 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

And what happens when you are on your tricked out new $10,000.00 250F and someone on a 28 year old YZ250 smokes your ass down the start straight?

Photo

|

9/28/2017 6:10 AM

I have no problem with 7k 125s new.

I just tired of the 2002 yz125s listed for 2500 near me....

|

9/28/2017 6:11 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

Bramlett321 wrote:

But would you pay $6499 for a YZ125? They're all high, not just the KTM...at least the orange bike looks newer lol.

Nope, because I don’t pay retail for bikes. I got my KX450F for only $400 more out the door. And my YZ250 was $6700 out the door.

If you’re paying sticker, plus freight, plus setup, and then tax on top, you’re a silly consumer and a sucker in my opinion.

|

9/28/2017 6:12 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

newmann wrote:

And what happens when you are on your tricked out new $10,000.00 250F and someone on a 28 year old YZ250 smokes your ass down the start straight?

Photo

I’ve been passed by worse. Haha

|

9/28/2017 6:15 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

newmann wrote:

And what happens when you are on your tricked out new $10,000.00 250F and someone on a 28 year old YZ250 smokes your ass down the start straight?

Photo

Mx is 90% rider.Equal talent, skill level. The rider with a better bike will come out ahead. And a 28 year old smoker isn't better than a new 250f, with suspension,pipe,ignition.

|

9/28/2017 6:15 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

The new 4 strokes are better in every single way. I dont know why people are so adiment about 2 strokes coming back. Nastalgia i guess. But on topic, $7000 for a 125 is stupid especially when a 2005 yz125 for $2000 will perform about the same.

AD....you've been posting some strange shit lately.

When you say " Better in every way ".......are you speaking of professional competition , or local stuff , like what we all do here , including the OP?

First , there are 125 classes popping up all over the place.
Second , there is no better stepping stone for a fast kid coming up off an 85cc / super mini.
Third , are you saying that a new KTM or Husky 250 2 stroke isn't competitive against the 250F's?

Because you CAN race a 250 2 stroke in the 250 class , any where at any time.

On that third point.....Man , I really wish the AMA thought like that , so then maybe they would make them legal to race in pro SX / MX.

I often see on here , guys that slam on the 2 strokes , also tend to be the guys that have never spent any time with them , and don't know how to ride them. Even 5 years ago people were making jokes about the 2 strokes....now , not so much. When you go to practice days and race days and about 30% or more are on 2 strokes , maybe there is more to it that some of you don't seem to understand?

I'm grateful we have choices. I was getting so burned out on just riding 450's , to the point where I just about left the sport. Re-tried the 2 strokes....and man oh man , it totally revived my riding days. And I can bet that a lot of people on here will say the same thing.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/28/2017 6:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 6:53 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

Photo

To be serious tho...I got my 250sx for less than that OTD. Not sure if it's accurate but someone was asking about a new YZ vs an SX the other day and said they could get either for 5k (2017 models I think), I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.
|

9/28/2017 6:59 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I hear a lot of people saying 125 2 strokes need to come back to save the sport. The reasoning is they have a low entry level price. So I looked up a KTM at Thousand Oaks and they want $6999 for one. OTD was over $8000. I would never pay that much for a 125 two stroke. and then get passed by a 10 year old KX250F down the start straight

Bramlett321 wrote:

But would you pay $6499 for a YZ125? They're all high, not just the KTM...at least the orange bike looks newer lol.

JBecker 72 wrote:

Nope, because I don’t pay retail for bikes. I got my KX450F for only $400 more out the door. And my YZ250 was $6700 out the door.

If you’re paying sticker, plus freight, plus setup, and then tax on top, you’re a silly consumer and a sucker in my opinion.

OP singled out KTM for having a high price but didn't include any other brands, my point is they're all high even your YZ 250. I just bought a new leftover '16 YZ450 for $7300 out the door, yet my '16 XC 300 was way more than that. We're all suckers buddy.

|