KRocs Bike Issues

kopfjaeger
Has anyone commented on why the Honda wouldn't fire up after that yard sale?? My thoughts were a battery cable may have come loose but that would be ridiculous on an amateur bike so even worse on a factory bike, but mistakes happen. Just curious. Thanks
|
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/16/2016 8:15pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Has anyone commented on why the Honda wouldn't fire up after that yard sale?? My thoughts were a battery cable may have come loose but that...
Has anyone commented on why the Honda wouldn't fire up after that yard sale?? My thoughts were a battery cable may have come loose but that would be ridiculous on an amateur bike so even worse on a factory bike, but mistakes happen. Just curious. Thanks
It happened before the crash. They had to bump start it before the Moto.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/16/2016 8:17pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Has anyone commented on why the Honda wouldn't fire up after that yard sale?? My thoughts were a battery cable may have come loose but that...
langhammx wrote:
Oh crazy. I thought the bike smashed the start button when it was flipping.
Helder
10/16/2016 8:20pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Really, that's insane on a factory bike, but as with anything mechanical it can always break even if you take every precaution.
bvm111
10/16/2016 8:25pm
I did mention in the stands that I wondered if it cut out causing the miss timing of the section and ultimately the endo but, I think he messed the corner up and just threw his timing off.

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/16/2016 8:38pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Oh crazy. I thought the bike smashed the start button when it was flipping.
I saw this post on another forum and talked to someone that confirmed it, but I guess I should have said that it was a rumor.... Lol

Maybe someone here can confirm or deny, but I was told the starter on his bike wasn't working before the race, and the mechanics were seen bump starting it on the way to the starting gate.
Report to moderator Logged
kiwifan
10/16/2016 8:46pm
Thread title says bike issues but it is one issue....as for the real cause we may never know, perhaps the battery wasnt holding the charge? Or there was some faulty wiring somewhere ....isnt speculation fun? Smile
Adam43
10/16/2016 9:23pm
Starting issue aside, that bike looked to be working beautifully out there. Seems pretty clear they've got the rid of the chassis twitch of the last 7 years.
The Bob
10/16/2016 9:48pm
They did mention he was late to the gate for moto 2, guessing the starter was the reason why. Didn't put two and two together until reading this. Barely saw him try to start it after the crash, but I guess a flip of a button could be hard to see.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/16/2016 9:59pm
bvm111 wrote:
I did mention in the stands that I wondered if it cut out causing the miss timing of the section and ultimately the endo but, I...
I did mention in the stands that I wondered if it cut out causing the miss timing of the section and ultimately the endo but, I think he messed the corner up and just threw his timing off.
He overshot the first triple in his segment, landing into the transition for the next jump, loading the rear heavily and causing him to pop a little weird and short it.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
10/16/2016 10:37pm
ML512 wrote:
He overshot the first triple in his segment, landing into the transition for the next jump, loading the rear heavily and causing him to pop a...
He overshot the first triple in his segment, landing into the transition for the next jump, loading the rear heavily and causing him to pop a little weird and short it.
He OJ'd it for sure, but that bike practically came to a stop.
Lightning78
10/16/2016 10:40pm
They had to BUMP START yhe bike amdhe coyldntbget the bike to "start" after the crash???? Good thing that bike didnt have a kickstarter right??? Its gonna bite him in the ass this year
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/16/2016 10:51pm
They had to BUMP START yhe bike amdhe coyldntbget the bike to "start" after the crash???? Good thing that bike didnt have a kickstarter right??? Its...
They had to BUMP START yhe bike amdhe coyldntbget the bike to "start" after the crash???? Good thing that bike didnt have a kickstarter right??? Its gonna bite him in the ass this year
It might.
But he didn't have any problems with the KTM. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out.
IceMan446
10/16/2016 11:08pm
ML512 wrote:
He overshot the first triple in his segment, landing into the transition for the next jump, loading the rear heavily and causing him to pop a...
avidchimp wrote:
The bike wasn't the problem.

Rider error all the way.

IceMan446
10/16/2016 11:09pm
They had to BUMP START yhe bike amdhe coyldntbget the bike to "start" after the crash???? Good thing that bike didnt have a kickstarter right??? Its...
It bit Dungey on the KTM once before. Hasn't happened since.

He will be just fine.
TMV
10/16/2016 11:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 11:30pm
Never happens with a bike with a kickstarter, never...

https://youtu.be/q6ar3c2y80A

I can find hundreds of vids of pro riders kicking like crazy after, throwing up in their helmets with poor result, not much about guys with the magic button (Yamaha and Honda in GP, KTM and Husky on both sides). However, they're quite a lot of vids of them crashing then starting the bike quickly without dropping a single drop of sweat.

BTW, this moto was heroic. First this, then the shifting by hand over the triple at MEC, much much respect for Ryan!
#1 kroc
10/17/2016 6:30am
ML512 wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

Rider error all the way.

Yeh the bike wasn't the problem in the outdoors that's why he waxed all you yankies at your own game on your own tracks bro
BobPA
10/17/2016 6:57am
#1 kroc wrote:
Yeh the bike wasn't the problem in the outdoors that's why he waxed all you yankies at your own game on your own tracks bro
That is some unprovoked douchebaggery right there.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
10/17/2016 7:02am
avidchimp wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

Rider error all the way.

#1 kroc wrote:
See Kenny made it home from Vegas!Tongue
kopfjaeger
10/17/2016 7:53am
Wow! You would think some of you guys are his little sisters or something. I asked a serious question about the bike not starting because I wonder what issues Honda could have with the new bikes before i get one and yall act like someone attacked the rider. Yall need to lighten the hell up and go ride. Get out from behind the keyboards for a bit. Thanks for the serious replies from those of you that made them. I look forward to maybe hearing what actually was wrong with the ignition since bike problems is apparently to broad of a term for some people. And FYI i race a Honda as do my son and wife
GPrider
10/17/2016 8:08am
I wouldn't worry about it. Its an electric starter. If it turns out there is an issue with it it will be addressed before we can ever get our hands on it anyway. Remember, the R doesn't come with ES, only the RX. And that bike is at least two months away before you can even buy one. And the ES kit is rumored not to be available for purchase till after the first of the year. So, who cares at this point.
kiwifan
10/17/2016 1:34pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Wow! You would think some of you guys are his little sisters or something. I asked a serious question about the bike not starting because I...
Wow! You would think some of you guys are his little sisters or something. I asked a serious question about the bike not starting because I wonder what issues Honda could have with the new bikes before i get one and yall act like someone attacked the rider. Yall need to lighten the hell up and go ride. Get out from behind the keyboards for a bit. Thanks for the serious replies from those of you that made them. I look forward to maybe hearing what actually was wrong with the ignition since bike problems is apparently to broad of a term for some people. And FYI i race a Honda as do my son and wife
Perhaps you should then re-title your thread to "Does the new 2017 Honda have issues" ...a issue with a factory bike does not automatically mean there is an issue with the production bike...lets wait until the ride reviews before making any judgements...which I believe are this weekend...yes ML?
GPrider
10/17/2016 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2016 1:50pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Wow! You would think some of you guys are his little sisters or something. I asked a serious question about the bike not starting because I...
kiwifan wrote:
Perhaps you should then re-title your thread to "Does the new 2017 Honda have issues" ...a issue with a factory bike does not automatically mean there...
Perhaps you should then re-title your thread to "Does the new 2017 Honda have issues" ...a issue with a factory bike does not automatically mean there is an issue with the production bike...lets wait until the ride reviews before making any judgements...which I believe are this weekend...yes ML?
I believe it's Wednesday
Old&New
10/17/2016 4:24pm
For sure the 2017 bike is junk. Nobody should buy it. Please spread the word. Get your deposits back. lol

The damn things are $8849 plus $695 for estart and $300 labor for estart installation. After tax its $10,068 out the door. And that's if you can find one. Every dealer is sold out. This is without hydro clutch, holeshot device, hour meter,etc. Plus the bike is 15lbs heavier than the KTM. No deals to be found on this bike.

10/17/2016 4:53pm
Old&New wrote:
For sure the 2017 bike is junk. Nobody should buy it. Please spread the word. Get your deposits back. lol The damn things are $8849 plus...
For sure the 2017 bike is junk. Nobody should buy it. Please spread the word. Get your deposits back. lol

The damn things are $8849 plus $695 for estart and $300 labor for estart installation. After tax its $10,068 out the door. And that's if you can find one. Every dealer is sold out. This is without hydro clutch, holeshot device, hour meter,etc. Plus the bike is 15lbs heavier than the KTM. No deals to be found on this bike.

Are you kidding?, forgive me if you are but this is a brand new bike, there are bound to be issues, it wont be perfect right out of the gate. IMO honda has done a great job engineering this bike and integrating lots of innovative features.
Old&New
10/17/2016 5:14pm
Old&New wrote:
For sure the 2017 bike is junk. Nobody should buy it. Please spread the word. Get your deposits back. lol The damn things are $8849 plus...

Kx125rider wrote:
Are you kidding?, forgive me if you are but this is a brand new bike, there are bound to be issues, it wont be perfect right...
Are you kidding?, forgive me if you are but this is a brand new bike, there are bound to be issues, it wont be perfect right out of the gate. IMO honda has done a great job engineering this bike and integrating lots of innovative features.
You missed the LOL apparently. It was sarcasm. Due to demand the dealers are charging full pop for everything. Talked to 20+ dealers and got same answer. Any dealer on this forum moving on prices?

Cygnus
10/17/2016 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2016 5:17pm
Lose wire leads to dead battery. Probably never hear its official. Let it go. This silly MEC race served its purpose. To find the flaws in race conditions before the real race season starts.
vosser130
10/17/2016 5:19pm
Old&New wrote:

Kx125rider wrote:
Are you kidding?, forgive me if you are but this is a brand new bike, there are bound to be issues, it wont be perfect right...
Old&New wrote:
You missed the LOL apparently. It was sarcasm. Due to demand the dealers are charging full pop for everything. Talked to 20+ dealers and got same...
You missed the LOL apparently. It was sarcasm. Due to demand the dealers are charging full pop for everything. Talked to 20+ dealers and got same answer. Any dealer on this forum moving on prices?

You won't find dealers moving on price, at least anything substantial. But these bikes are not sold out at dealers. You will be able to get one if you want one, at least in Michigan. I'm not entirely familiar with demand in other states. There are some dealers getting more than 10 of these bikes, which is crazy for a full size moto bike. It may take some time for each dealer to get their full order/allocation, but there will be enough to go around.
10/17/2016 5:35pm
Kx125rider wrote:
Old&New wrote:
You missed the LOL apparently. It was sarcasm. Due to demand the dealers are charging full pop for everything. Talked to 20+ dealers and got same...

vosser130 wrote:
You won't find dealers moving on price, at least anything substantial. But these bikes are not sold out at dealers. You will be able to get...
You won't find dealers moving on price, at least anything substantial. But these bikes are not sold out at dealers. You will be able to get one if you want one, at least in Michigan. I'm not entirely familiar with demand in other states. There are some dealers getting more than 10 of these bikes, which is crazy for a full size moto bike. It may take some time for each dealer to get their full order/allocation, but there will be enough to go around.
I think it will be months before you can just walk in and buy one. My dealer still has a 16 they can't get rid of let alone one of the 17's.

Post a reply to: KRocs Bike Issues

The Latest