KROC insta Andy Irons

oldblood
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:06pm
Our sport is an injury sport. The doc's love to prescribe the meds. Worth a look.
|
jeffro503
5/31/2018 10:48pm
The brighter they shine , the quicker it burns out.

Bipolar is nothing to mess around with , plain and simple. It's easy to blame the medication , but without it.....how long before he imploded? Some people need those kind of med's , just to be some what normal compared to other people. And the people who don't find help in some way , usually don't have a good life , or any life at all.
oldblood
5/31/2018 10:55pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The brighter they shine , the quicker it burns out. Bipolar is nothing to mess around with , plain and simple. It's easy to blame the...

Bipolar is nothing to mess around with , plain and simple. It's easy to blame the medication , but without it.....how long before he imploded? Some people need those kind of med's , just to be some what normal compared to other people. And the people who don't find help in some way , usually don't have a good life , or any life at all.
Watch the trailer again
jeffro503
5/31/2018 11:08pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The brighter they shine , the quicker it burns out. Bipolar is nothing to mess around with , plain and simple. It's easy to blame the...

oldblood wrote:
Watch the trailer again
I have watched it.....and it's a bipolar person who didn't use them in the correct way. They even mentioned that he had won a huge competition while using cocaine on top of it. And again , being bipolar is manageable if you take your medication's correctly. Andy needed help in a very serious way , and when he got the help , didn't follow the right path by doing so. And again......ask yourself , "How long would he of lasted with no medication?". Those chances are very slim. And fwiw....yeah , I've dealt with Bipolar in my family , and have seen the craziness that comes from it. More then you could possibly imagine.

The Shop

oldblood
6/1/2018 12:20am
The cool thing is, the doctors (drug dealers), and drug companies don't take any blame, only the profits.
mingham97
6/1/2018 1:04am
oldblood wrote:
The cool thing is, the doctors (drug dealers), and drug companies don't take any blame, only the profits.
Patients are well aware of what they are taking. I'm studying in my 3rd year at university and have had dexies thrown at me from doctors to help me succeed. No thanks. I know the risks, they didn't force me to do anything. At the end of the day, you are responsible for what prescription drugs you put in your body
make1go
6/1/2018 4:08am
mingham97 wrote:
Patients are well aware of what they are taking. I'm studying in my 3rd year at university and have had dexies thrown at me from doctors...
Patients are well aware of what they are taking. I'm studying in my 3rd year at university and have had dexies thrown at me from doctors to help me succeed. No thanks. I know the risks, they didn't force me to do anything. At the end of the day, you are responsible for what prescription drugs you put in your body
oh dear mightier than thou, please grant us your self righteous bullshit no more.
TommyLee93
6/1/2018 8:04am
mingham97 wrote:
Patients are well aware of what they are taking. I'm studying in my 3rd year at university and have had dexies thrown at me from doctors...
make1go wrote:
oh dear mightier than thou, please grant us your self righteous bullshit no more.
So you are saying you don't have a choice?
Zaugg
6/1/2018 9:30am
mingham97 wrote:
make1go wrote:
Didn't come off self-righteous to me...

No need to make this an argument...

A talented athlete succumb to his demons and his addiction. Why can't we just learn from that instead of feeling threatened by someone's comment?

6/1/2018 9:54am
oldblood wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
Personal responsibility? What's that?!

On tv we are inundated with the idea that doctors and drugs can fix anything. But they can't.
RCMXracing
6/1/2018 9:55am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 10:12am
mingham97 wrote:
make1go wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
Didn't come off self-righteous to me... No need to make this an argument... A talented athlete succumb to his demons and his addiction. Why can't we...

A talented athlete succumb to his demons and his addiction. Why can't we just learn from that instead of feeling threatened by someone's comment?

Ok, wow. @jeffro503 knows what he’s talking about. Re-read his posts. If you don’t know anything about Bipolar I or Bipolar II disorder take a seat and shut your yap-hole until you do. Sorry but this pisses me off.
Your brain is BROKEN. You can’t see it, that’s why so many are ignorant of mental disorders. It’s incredibly difficult to manage and to get the right cocktail of meds. It’s never perfect and not nearly as simple to treat as depression. Many go undiagnosed and misdiagnosed and you don’t just get better and snap out of it. Not being medicated is playing with fire.
Some think “just snap out of it, go do 100 push-ups and lead a healthy lifestyle - drugs/medication are bad.” I wish it was that simple. Would you tell a diabetic to stop taking insulin and just walk it off? Even being medicated is far from perfect. The good news is Dr.’s are gaining a better understanding of the disorder and as new meds are coming out more options available. Sadly, there’s no magic bullet, but it can be managed.
kx93rfo
6/1/2018 10:34am
CBD Oil is Gods Gift to Heal us! it Saved Me!
B DUB 333
6/1/2018 10:42am
oldblood wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
Personal responsibility? What's that?!

On tv we are inundated with the idea that doctors and drugs can fix anything. But they can't.
Yeah! I've had wood for 72 hours and before it was only for like 13 minutes at a time.....Woohoo
Zaugg
6/1/2018 10:52am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 10:53am
make1go wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
Didn't come off self-righteous to me... No need to make this an argument... A talented athlete succumb to his demons and his addiction. Why can't we...

RCMXracing wrote:
Ok, wow. @jeffro503 knows what he’s talking about. Re-read his posts. If you don’t know anything about Bipolar I or Bipolar II disorder take a seat...
Ok, wow. @jeffro503 knows what he’s talking about. Re-read his posts. If you don’t know anything about Bipolar I or Bipolar II disorder take a seat and shut your yap-hole until you do. Sorry but this pisses me off.
Your brain is BROKEN. You can’t see it, that’s why so many are ignorant of mental disorders. It’s incredibly difficult to manage and to get the right cocktail of meds. It’s never perfect and not nearly as simple to treat as depression. Many go undiagnosed and misdiagnosed and you don’t just get better and snap out of it. Not being medicated is playing with fire.
Some think “just snap out of it, go do 100 push-ups and lead a healthy lifestyle - drugs/medication are bad.” I wish it was that simple. Would you tell a diabetic to stop taking insulin and just walk it off? Even being medicated is far from perfect. The good news is Dr.’s are gaining a better understanding of the disorder and as new meds are coming out more options available. Sadly, there’s no magic bullet, but it can be managed.
I hope you're not talking to me because you're WAAAAAAY off base.

For what it worth, I think you're spot on with your comments (except for the fact that you totally missed my point).

This guy had a mental disorder (demons) and the cocktail of drugs (which seems to be the pharma industry's solution to everything) resulted in a talented athlete getting addicted to medicine that, by virtue of it being prescribed by a doctor, was thought to be safe. (We all know better now...or at least I hope we do.)

This is a hidden disease that people can't see and therefore it doesn't register as a medical condition (like a broken leg or cancer).

My point was this, a talented athlete is no longer with us because the drugs he was prescribed to manage his disease, contributed to his battle with addiction (another hidden disease).

RCMXracing
6/1/2018 11:48am
Zaugg wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:
Ok, wow. @jeffro503 knows what he’s talking about. Re-read his posts. If you don’t know anything about Bipolar I or Bipolar II disorder take a seat...
Zaugg wrote:
I hope you're not talking to me because you're WAAAAAAY off base. For what it worth, I think you're spot on with your comments (except for...

For what it worth, I think you're spot on with your comments (except for the fact that you totally missed my point).

This guy had a mental disorder (demons) and the cocktail of drugs (which seems to be the pharma industry's solution to everything) resulted in a talented athlete getting addicted to medicine that, by virtue of it being prescribed by a doctor, was thought to be safe. (We all know better now...or at least I hope we do.)

This is a hidden disease that people can't see and therefore it doesn't register as a medical condition (like a broken leg or cancer).

My point was this, a talented athlete is no longer with us because the drugs he was prescribed to manage his disease, contributed to his battle with addiction (another hidden disease).

People who suffer from Bipolar disorder are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol to self medicate their disorder. The cocktail of meds to treat the disease are NOT addictive in and of themselves.
It sounds like he was prescribed Oxy for unrelated injuries and that became the drug he abused (and others, they found Coke, Meth, and Xanax in his system). Strangely enough that wasn’t the cause of death. He had a main artery blockage leading to cardiac arrest.
The pyschoactive drugs to treat Bipolar are NOT something a person abuses, there’s no ”high” and the side effects truly suck, and definitely not addictive. No mention of any Bipolar drugs in his system or anti-depressants which can explain his self medicating with illicit drugs.
Tons of articles since the press release for the movie, google his name + Bipolar. His death was in 2010, which is a lifetime ago. New meds every year.
oldblood
6/1/2018 12:50pm
I never suggested that it was the bipolar meds that caused his death but in the trailer they give the impression that he was abusing prescription meds which I assume he probably started after some sort of injury I was merely trying to caution people to be careful with these prescriptions it may be a little more complicated to quit then just making a choice which is apparent by the opioid addiction problem in our country right now
mxpro252
6/1/2018 1:13pm
Crazy to see the varying opinions on this stuff. One thing certain is that drug companies can make serious money
RCMXracing
6/1/2018 4:48pm
oldblood wrote:
I never suggested that it was the bipolar meds that caused his death but in the trailer they give the impression that he was abusing prescription...
I never suggested that it was the bipolar meds that caused his death but in the trailer they give the impression that he was abusing prescription meds which I assume he probably started after some sort of injury I was merely trying to caution people to be careful with these prescriptions it may be a little more complicated to quit then just making a choice which is apparent by the opioid addiction problem in our country right now
Understood. Opioids are pretty awful, and probably 99% of us Moto heads have been on them. Necessary evil to get past the worst of the pain. Real fun starts when you ween off them right? Sux. Izzy and Stroup, top guys that struggle with addiction that started with Oxy from an injury/surgery.
Look into Kratom for pain and weening off opioids. Something I’ve heard about. It’s a plant. CBD another one obviously. NFL players trying to get the social/political stigma off MJ...those guys live with constant pain just like Moto dudes.
PFitzG38
6/1/2018 5:47pm
This was a heartbreaker!! My best friend was his team manager at Billabong and was instrumental in getting him signed. Dallas was one of the rare times he wasn’t traveling with Andy, especially once they sent him to rehab. My friend just saw the premiere. He spent 3 hours on camera being interviewed for the movie and ended up on the cutting room floor. No worries he says this movie is about Andy not him, and nothing he said would’ve added to it any way that wasn’t already discussed. The consensus is that the movie is accurate and his family and friends are happy with it. My bro has too many stories and lots of memories – You thought JLaw had fun? HAA

plowboy
6/1/2018 6:03pm
I always refer to the old Native American saying when these sort of threads come up. "Unless you have walked in another man's shoes....you can hold no judgement". You can imagine what you would do but that's where it ends.
oldblood
6/1/2018 6:40pm
Thanks for your insight jeffro
oldblood
6/1/2018 6:41pm
plowboy wrote:
I always refer to the old Native American saying when these sort of threads come up. "Unless you have walked in another man's shoes....you can hold...
I always refer to the old Native American saying when these sort of threads come up. "Unless you have walked in another man's shoes....you can hold no judgement". You can imagine what you would do but that's where it ends.
Those are wise words.
oldblood
6/1/2018 6:44pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
This was a heartbreaker!! My best friend was his team manager at Billabong and was instrumental in getting him signed. Dallas was one of the rare...
This was a heartbreaker!! My best friend was his team manager at Billabong and was instrumental in getting him signed. Dallas was one of the rare times he wasn’t traveling with Andy, especially once they sent him to rehab. My friend just saw the premiere. He spent 3 hours on camera being interviewed for the movie and ended up on the cutting room floor. No worries he says this movie is about Andy not him, and nothing he said would’ve added to it any way that wasn’t already discussed. The consensus is that the movie is accurate and his family and friends are happy with it. My bro has too many stories and lots of memories – You thought JLaw had fun? HAA

Cool post, I missed the premier, but hopefully can see it.
RIP ANDY
jeffro503
6/1/2018 9:32pm
Zaugg wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
I hope you're not talking to me because you're WAAAAAAY off base. For what it worth, I think you're spot on with your comments (except for...

Zaugg.....this is not true. The medication's they give patient's for certain type's of Bipolar disorder , are not like addictive pain med's. Like with many Bipolar people , they can run a 100mph upstairs , and sometimes take to alcohol , weed , or illegal type drug's to self medicate. They can take anything , or everything to slow them down. And when mixed with the actual medicine that they are prescribed , it can do bad things.

I truly feel bad for Andy , or anyone that has ever had to deal with a bipolar disorder. But like other's have said , it's manageable once they ( the doctor's ) figure out what you need. I'm sure the medication can be abused , just like anything , but what that video states ( as in it was the medication's fault ).....is incorrect. When you take those type of medication's , the worst thing you can do , is to do other substances with them. These drugs are for balancing out certain chemical's and so forth in your brain. And when you mix them with other stuff......bad stuff can happen.
jeffro503
6/1/2018 9:40pm
oldblood wrote:
Thanks for your insight jeffro
You bet man. And sorry if I ever came off harsh in my first reply or anything. I hear the word " Bipolar " and weird things pop into my head. I've seen it in action a bit , and I've seen it get helped out quite a bit with the right doctor. And there are some horror stories attached to that disorder. I wish it upon nobody.
oldblood
6/1/2018 9:54pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
This was a heartbreaker!! My best friend was his team manager at Billabong and was instrumental in getting him signed. Dallas was one of the rare...

Your friend might be in the 'teaser', it's similar to the trailer but pretty heavy. The shot of Andy going over the falls is gnarly. Is that Pipe?
mingham97
6/1/2018 10:53pm
mingham97 wrote:
make1go wrote:
Hahaha mate get a grip. I will continue on my high horse if that means keeping away from addiction. I have no friends anymore because they are all taking recreational drugs. I don't want a single thing to do with it. I found a new group of mates in my degree and they're all using ADHD meds to get through their engineering degree. I'm over the shit. I can't understand why people can't have fun/succeed due to their own devices and not some synthetic pill. People with tough mental conditions excluded from this rant obviously
oldblood
6/2/2018 5:00pm
mingham97 wrote:
make1go wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
Hahaha mate get a grip. I will continue on my high horse if that means keeping away from addiction. I have no friends anymore because they...
Hahaha mate get a grip. I will continue on my high horse if that means keeping away from addiction. I have no friends anymore because they are all taking recreational drugs. I don't want a single thing to do with it. I found a new group of mates in my degree and they're all using ADHD meds to get through their engineering degree. I'm over the shit. I can't understand why people can't have fun/succeed due to their own devices and not some synthetic pill. People with tough mental conditions excluded from this rant obviously
Actually you're both right, no need to argue.
mingham, you have built up a resistance to using drugs and that's good. make1go is just pointing out that some have had injuries and prescriptions and experiences that were unplanned, unwanted, and undesirable.
The movie will hopefully raise awareness of bipolar, meds, and pressures of pro sports.
Andy had pressures that most of us (except possibly Kenny), can relate to. Unfortunately it got the best of him, and everyone around him. There are actually other extreme sports athletes who had some trouble, many actually.
Hopefully this movie will help others.
brimx153
6/2/2018 6:09pm
RCMXracing wrote:
People who suffer from Bipolar disorder are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol to self medicate their disorder. The cocktail of meds to treat the...
People who suffer from Bipolar disorder are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol to self medicate their disorder. The cocktail of meds to treat the disease are NOT addictive in and of themselves.
It sounds like he was prescribed Oxy for unrelated injuries and that became the drug he abused (and others, they found Coke, Meth, and Xanax in his system). Strangely enough that wasn’t the cause of death. He had a main artery blockage leading to cardiac arrest.
The pyschoactive drugs to treat Bipolar are NOT something a person abuses, there’s no ”high” and the side effects truly suck, and definitely not addictive. No mention of any Bipolar drugs in his system or anti-depressants which can explain his self medicating with illicit drugs.
Tons of articles since the press release for the movie, google his name + Bipolar. His death was in 2010, which is a lifetime ago. New meds every year.
Great post .So true . I am bi polar 2 . Really sad to see such opinions of meds here . All I know is they saved my life . And make s it manageable. The side effect s suck . But there are wort it. People who are non medicated or go off there med don't tend to last long .when being bi polar .I get so sick of this crap there s better ways than med s . For bi polar, there is nt .it's just like a heart condition. And I bet no one would be telling people to just go run that off. I also see this push lately from people blaming he meds for people committing suicide. Which is stupid cause alot if not of these people got on meds in the first place because they were feeling suicidly .then they commit suicide while on meds and it's suddenly the meds fault . Maybe they did nt work . But 99 % of the time they did nt make that person worse .

Post a reply to: KROC insta Andy Irons

The Latest