KROC

Huckster
10/5/2009 3:54am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 6:45pm
Who showed up and who won? Any results links?
|
10/5/2009 6:51am
Spangler won Open i believe Robbie Marshall won 250 (Spangler DNF'd 1st moto)

Kawi really didn't send anybody in the mini or b classes.
lots of cutbacks i guess????? RV2 didn't even do a demo ride
Tbteam
10/5/2009 7:45am
Boy, that event has fallen off the map lately.
Matt Wozney
10/5/2009 8:33am
Supposedly, something happened during SX testing the past week and Kawasaki decided to keep RV off the bike on Sunday. He was there doing interviews and signing autographs.

Kawasaki had good representation with Lowell Spangler sweeping the Open A class motos. Jacob Hayes was there as well as AJ Catanzaro. Vets Keith Johnson and Jimmy Evans were there but raced only Saturday. (KJ didn't have a 250 there and didn't want to just do one class on Sunday. Jimmy had a family vacation to attend to on Sunday.)

Spangler DNF'd both 250 motos due to horrendous starts.

The Shop

motofab36
10/5/2009 9:03am
Supposedly, something happened during SX testing the past week and Kawasaki decided to keep RV off the bike on Sunday. He was there doing interviews and...
Supposedly, something happened during SX testing the past week and Kawasaki decided to keep RV off the bike on Sunday. He was there doing interviews and signing autographs.

Kawasaki had good representation with Lowell Spangler sweeping the Open A class motos. Jacob Hayes was there as well as AJ Catanzaro. Vets Keith Johnson and Jimmy Evans were there but raced only Saturday. (KJ didn't have a 250 there and didn't want to just do one class on Sunday. Jimmy had a family vacation to attend to on Sunday.)

What? So you're saying if Spangler doesn't get a good start he just doesn't finish the race? Or are you saying he crashed so bad on the starts that he couldn't finish?
Chris_ONeal
10/5/2009 9:46am
I heard the New England guys did good. Jason Brooks won a B class. Heard Jimmy Decotis did well.

Kind of sucks they don't have results anywhere.....
TimbuK758
10/5/2009 9:56am
tough race to go up against with the des nations being the same time...prob didnt help the coverage.
MxGoat
Fantasy
339th
10/5/2009 10:00am
Spangler crashed in the firs tturn in moto one n his whole front end was tweaked so he pulled off rather than risk injury. Not sure what happened in moto 2. Frankie lettieri swept the B classes on Saturday but Jason Brooks won the ironman classic on Sunday. Kawi also had cody robbins there in the A class although his results were lack luster.
tuz371
10/5/2009 10:02am
Tbteam wrote:
Boy, that event has fallen off the map lately.
Ever since Jay Irwin and Ken Landerman left E'town it hasn't been the same. Used to be they had 500-600 amatuers there and it was considered one of the top 2-3 amatuer races to be at. Seemd to really change after they went from having Amatuer qualifiers on Saturday and all amatuer finals with the pro classes on Sunday to the current amatuer saturday / Pro sunday arrangement.

I forget the year ('95 or '96?) but John Dowd raced on a privateer Kawasaki under Red Roof Inns and Billy Liles came back over from Europe.

Another year, Kawasaki had Ryan Hughes on a KX500 (for the MXDN I believe), Mike Laracco and Damon Huffman were on the 250, Carmichael was on the 125 and Stewart was on a 65. I forget all the amatuers and other pros that were there.
Matt Wozney
10/5/2009 10:59am
Supposedly, something happened during SX testing the past week and Kawasaki decided to keep RV off the bike on Sunday. He was there doing interviews and...

motofab36 wrote:
What? So you're saying if Spangler doesn't get a good start he just doesn't finish the race? Or are you saying he crashed so bad on...
What? So you're saying if Spangler doesn't get a good start he just doesn't finish the race? Or are you saying he crashed so bad on the starts that he couldn't finish?
No. He just had bad starts and followed it up with crash or fall over in the 1st lap in both motos. I did an interview with him for my podcast for the event and talked about his mishaps. Check for that later tonight/tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I remember the days of when the factory Kawasaki riders were actually racing with the A classes. Always great racing. Now they don't. You can thank the AMA claiming rule for that.

Oh, James Justice was there as well in the B classes and Cody Robbins in the A class.
10/5/2009 11:24am

motofab36 wrote:
What? So you're saying if Spangler doesn't get a good start he just doesn't finish the race? Or are you saying he crashed so bad on...
No. He just had bad starts and followed it up with crash or fall over in the 1st lap in both motos. I did an interview...
No. He just had bad starts and followed it up with crash or fall over in the 1st lap in both motos. I did an interview with him for my podcast for the event and talked about his mishaps. Check for that later tonight/tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I remember the days of when the factory Kawasaki riders were actually racing with the A classes. Always great racing. Now they don't. You can thank the AMA claiming rule for that.

Oh, James Justice was there as well in the B classes and Cody Robbins in the A class.
i dunno Woz they can put Pro's on stock bikes and they would win. i think you can thank HUGE contracts and the risk of getting hurt. but more likely the I don't give a fuck attitude. why waste their time for a few hundred clams??
geo309
10/5/2009 11:32am
I recall many great riders actually racing the KROC. I thought it had to do with James Stewart getting hurt one year. Ever since then they only did demo rides.

10/5/2009 11:41am
even their top Team Green amatures weren't there this year. Lowell is a local so he'd be there anyway. pretty weak !!!

Post a reply to: KROC

The Latest