KO in moto

Robbie
When I have a big crash that leaves me unconcious I always awake to feel super refreshed, relaxed and calm like ive slept for a week, even if I cant even recall my name or where I live. Always baffles me why I never feel like a train wreck. Is this just the bodys normal reaction to a head trauma? Is this what most experience? I thought survival mode would kick in and make me run forrest run away from the track, but no.
|
4/1/2018 3:05pm
Any time I've been knocked out, there were other injuries involved as far as I remember.. usually my head felt great. Then again last time the next two days were pretty spotty
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
4/1/2018 3:12pm
Good Lord I must be doing it all wrong, lol! Last one (last season) I woke up on the side of the track with someone helping me stand, when he let go I folded up like a cheap suit, he caught me, stood me up, I asked for my bike (EMT advised I not ride) I got on, couldn’t figure out which direction the track went, guessed right and finished the race trying to hurl. Rest of the day I was nauseous, asking my buddies when my next Moto was, and didn’t realize I was already out of my gear and in shorts!
nytsmaC
4/1/2018 3:38pm
I woke up feeling amazing but almost instantaneously the pain sank in from my other injuries. It was odd how the brain had not registered any pain for the duration of being unconscious and it was on a bit of a delay.
Justin345
4/1/2018 3:44pm
Nope. When I got knocked out and went limp noodle like a sack of potatoes into the ground, the last word I would use to describe how my head felt is “amazing”. I felt like I had just been knocked the F out and was noticeably sluggish mentally for a couple weeks. Not bad enough for other to notice but I could tell a difference.

The Shop

Monk
4/1/2018 3:55pm
Robbie wrote:
When I have a big crash that leaves me unconcious I always awake to feel super refreshed, relaxed and calm like ive slept for a week...
When I have a big crash that leaves me unconcious I always awake to feel super refreshed, relaxed and calm like ive slept for a week, even if I cant even recall my name or where I live. Always baffles me why I never feel like a train wreck. Is this just the bodys normal reaction to a head trauma? Is this what most experience? I thought survival mode would kick in and make me run forrest run away from the track, but no.
Probably should take a couple years off. This sounds like a fairly regular thing for you. Concussions are no joking matter...
dcg141
4/1/2018 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2018 4:18pm
Tired to finish a hare scramble when my rear caliper was broken. Made it to the last lap still in 2nd place. I remember the white flag then I woke up in the back of an ambulance with a EMT saying my name. We weren't moving yet and my wife was standing at the back freaking out. I came too and told her I was fine. Tried to talk them out of the ride to the hospital but didn't work. The first thing I though about was not getting any points for that race....lol.
SEEMEFIRST
4/1/2018 4:32pm
As long as you ask your buddies 47 times if your bike is ok on the way home, you'll be fine.
bvm111
4/1/2018 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2018 4:56pm
All I said was ..." what happened" after I was out for a few minutes, much to the relief of the EMT who was on his last ammonia packet trying to revive me! I couldn't remember where I was, my name, what day week month it was... to be honest it was probably the scariest thing that has happened to me and that includes 3 combat tours in the last 10 years!
King KTM
4/1/2018 6:13pm
Only one I ever realize I had when I came to I had part of my braces sticking through my lip and I was asking my buddies what day it was. We were deep in the woods and it was getting dark so had to ride out real slow and I the only memories I have of the crash now are what I have been told. Don’t remember having a clear head or not, sorry can’t help on that.
500guy
4/1/2018 6:16pm
if OP feels so refreshed I'm surprised He doesn't KO himself every night and wake up all ready to go.
Lastander
4/2/2018 7:07am
My buddy had a bad crash a few years ago during a timed qualifier, i saw him lying on the ground with the paramedics running for him so i rode the lap around and told his dad in the mechanics area that he was lying on the other side of the track, next lap when i came around he had ripped his helmet and gear off, his face was filled with blood since he faceplanted really hard, and he was fighting the two paramedics trying to help him Laughing

Next lap around they had him strapped to a stretcher and was carrying him away, he then got a MRI and he got a brain hematoma so he cant actually ride anymore, well he can but if he hits his head again he might end up losing his sight and generally become a vegetable i guess.
He has no memory from two weeks back prior to the crash, so he has no idea what he did
4/2/2018 8:23am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2018 8:24am
You clearly have absolutely no understanding or appreciation for the severity of repeated head injuries. I say keep it up, champ! Live fast, die stupid.
jdsmooth
4/2/2018 8:27am
OP is trolling right? I've had a few head injuries, and this has never been my experience. Pretty severe headaches and pain from other injuries seems to be more the norm...

My last concussion was when I was still a teen. My braces cut into my lips pretty badly. I remember feeling that as soon as I came to!
navalseabee
4/2/2018 10:35am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
As long as you ask your buddies 47 times if your bike is ok on the way home, you'll be fine.
a well said medically factual statement
Robbie
4/2/2018 10:38am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2018 10:39am
jdsmooth, I knew it wouldnt be long before the troll patrol would kick in.
It was a genuine post race day question. Its happened to me four times. Just intrigued with why I felt good after a blackout, obviously until the 10 minute delayed pain kicks in when your leg has snapped like a kitkat etc....
Must be when the adrenaline and endorphine rush has subsided or just grateful to be back. Its one of those things that is always at the back of my mind, especially as I get older.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
4/2/2018 10:44am
I've been KO'd several times unfortunately.
One in '89 was the kind of feeling OP described. I was KO'd, then somehow got back up and walked my bike off the track. Nothing else injured.

Didn't know where I was, who I was, when it was (like year!) but somehow felt relaxed and not anxious. 30 minutes later the world came back.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/2/2018 11:58am
I came out of a fog while my buddies were walking me back to the pits and pushing my bike for me. I had been answering questions and even told the EMT my name, who the president was, etc.
I remember everything leading up to the crash, but I don't remember hitting the ground. When I came to, my shoulder started hurting (it was separated.)
It's a trip being knocked out; not at all like sleeping. I seriously have zero account of the time that elapsed while I was unconscious.
wildbill
4/2/2018 2:04pm
I landed on my friend once, his fault for changing lines, and after yanking my bike sideways in the air to avoid his death, they said I was snoring peacefully. There might be something to this hypothesis.
Robgvx
4/2/2018 2:40pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
a well said medically factual statement
“What happened to you?” I asked another rider who was also in the medical room after I’d crashed my brains out.

“That’s the fourth time you’ve asked me that” he replied.

Still raced. Didn’t know any better. Paying the price now.
malachi177
4/2/2018 7:40pm
Robbie wrote:
When I have a big crash that leaves me unconcious I always awake to feel super refreshed, relaxed and calm like ive slept for a week...
Monk wrote:
Probably should take a couple years off. This sounds like a fairly regular thing for you. Concussions are no joking matter...
Agreed.......not joke worthy at all. Very scary shit.
Meister
4/2/2018 7:49pm
I high sided right to my head one time (well, more than once, but this one stood out). I didn't move for close to a minute I hear.. Well, I got up and finished the last lap, unbeknownst to the real me. I was doing heel clickers and no footed cans on every jump. I have 0 recollection of said incident.

Post a reply to: KO in moto

The Latest