KDub makes a wish come true...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 9:25 AM

..even after someone has passed away.

From Weege on twitter:

"Craziest story so far: A fan came up to Kevin Windham and handed him an urn. Said it contained his son, who died in a street bike crash and had been cremated. Father’s wish was to have KDub do a lap with the urn. He taped it to the bars and will rode with it this morning."

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

10/7/2018 9:34 AM

Wow r u serious?

|

10/7/2018 9:36 AM

Wow! That’s respect!

|

10/7/2018 9:39 AM

drt410 wrote:

Wow r u serious?

Very. KW is pure class.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

10/7/2018 9:40 AM

One of my all time favorites. What a great dude.

|

10/7/2018 9:41 AM

Windham for the Win,done!!

|

10/7/2018 9:42 AM

Gracious thing of K-Dub to do.

But that's an awful thing to put on someone - how is he supposed to tactfully refuse?

|

10/7/2018 9:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 9:44 AM

Wow! That is so awesome.

|

10/7/2018 9:45 AM

Adam43 wrote:

But that's an awful thing to put on someone - how is he supposed to tactfully refuse?

Mm not sure if I could imagine KW saying no to any fan

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

10/7/2018 1:00 PM

Good for him.. good man.

|

10/7/2018 1:16 PM

Couldn't love Dub more. The guy's always a class act.

|

10/7/2018 4:51 PM

K-Dub for USA team manager....

|

10/7/2018 4:55 PM

One of the sports finest ambassadors

|

10/7/2018 4:57 PM

Adam43 wrote:

Why would he even consider refusing? I'm sure Kdub was honored. He's a true legend both on and off the track.

|

10/7/2018 5:04 PM

totally awesome

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

10/7/2018 5:14 PM

ocscottie wrote:

..even after someone has passed away.

From Weege on twitter:

"Craziest story so far: A fan came up to Kevin Windham and handed him an urn. Said it contained his son, who died in a street bike crash and had been cremated. Father’s wish was to have KDub do a lap with the urn. He taped it to the bars and will rode with it this morning."

Wow! That is kinda putting a knot in my stomach. Even after retirement , KW never ceases to amaze me. Brings in the 14th fastest lap in timed qualifying , then does this. Seriously , not much words here.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/7/2018 5:15 PM

Adam43 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Why would he even consider refusing? I'm sure Kdub was honored. He's a true legend both on and off the track.

Exactly what Agn said! That truly is an honor all by itself.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/7/2018 10:41 PM

Adam43 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

...let's just hope urns don't show up like chainsaws.

I'll always remember KW at one of those awkward dealership appearance events all lined out behind the desk of promo posters with his Geico team after coming back from his premature retirement. He had everyone relaxed-open up...flicking shit on his young teammates for all their posed twisted air posters because their generation forgot how to corner... it was game on and a much more fun and interesting event, but almost solely because of him. That time off gave him a great perspective and brought back his speed (showing RC the fast way around the track. His sudden final retirement was perfect, a man that lives life on his own terms

|

10/7/2018 11:32 PM

That's pure class. Anyone that don't like Windham should be put in jail. Respect.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

10/8/2018 7:28 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/8/2018 7:35 PM

Wow, that´s awesome, i mean, so freaking cool of Windham!

|

10/8/2018 7:40 PM

Windham is awesome, miss watching him ride. Watched the B Final twice yesterday.

|

10/8/2018 7:44 PM

Man that hits the heartstrings

|

10/8/2018 7:50 PM

Great story from a sad loss of life but very nice of Kevin to grant that wish.

Windham is a really good dude, period.

|

10/8/2018 7:56 PM

Class. Pure, genuine, class..... Always been a fan, always will be.

|

10/9/2018 6:20 AM

Class act no doubt. Been a big fan of KDub for many years.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

10/9/2018 7:07 AM

Class act indeed, I met him a couple times at some local tracks and got the privilege to ride his track at the pitp. The man is just as humble and approachable as can be. Maybe with the performance and presence this past weekend he should be involved some way with the U.S. involvement in the MXON.

|

10/9/2018 7:30 AM

Wow. Thats awesome! Good on KDub!

|

10/9/2018 8:00 AM

Wow, KW class act all the way.

Godspeed to Christian.

|

10/9/2018 9:25 AM

Team Puerto Rico, as a whole program, was a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy weekend. To say I was excited to see KW14 back out there is an understatement.

Also, somehow this went under the rader. How was he only 3 seconds off the pace of Tomac, and faster than half the MX1 field in timed practice? PURE TALENT and CLASS!

Photo

|