Justin lawrence. The hunter brothers.

greenmx5
Edited Date/Time 5/3/2021 4:47am
Holy shit what a facepalm. Even the wife was like "how are they screwing up names this much"

Please get people in there that know the riders and study before the broadcast.
|
Spudnut
5/1/2021 9:21pm
Lol caught that, glad I’ve never made a mistake in the heat of the moment!
orange_44
5/1/2021 9:23pm
Spudnut wrote:
Sheesh they’ve only been repeating some of the same names the past 16 weeks. Quite the challenge
greenmx5
5/1/2021 9:23pm
Spudnut wrote:
There's a difference between heat of the moment and every. single. week. Makes the sport look like a sideshow when there's constant screw ups on names more than once every week.
Spudnut
5/1/2021 9:27pm
greenmx5 wrote:
There's a difference between heat of the moment and every. single. week. Makes the sport look like a sideshow when there's constant screw ups on names...
There's a difference between heat of the moment and every. single. week. Makes the sport look like a sideshow when there's constant screw ups on names more than once every week.
I guess that just how we roll here at monstercrosssuperenergy

The Shop

captmoto
5/1/2021 9:28pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Holy shit what a facepalm. Even the wife was like "how are they screwing up names this much" Please get people in there that know the...
Holy shit what a facepalm. Even the wife was like "how are they screwing up names this much"

Please get people in there that know the riders and study before the broadcast.
My wife called it out too.
Spudnut
5/1/2021 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 9:30pm
Get this....will spoke to Coopa Webb earlier, never would have guessed that
5/1/2021 10:02pm
Weege doesn't make those mistakes because Weege lives and breathes this shit. Put him in the MF booth already! Put him in there with Blair as the color guy and these treads will no longer be needed.
tuttle425
5/1/2021 10:44pm
Weege doesn't make those mistakes because Weege lives and breathes this shit. Put him in the MF booth already! Put him in there with Blair as...
Weege doesn't make those mistakes because Weege lives and breathes this shit. Put him in the MF booth already! Put him in there with Blair as the color guy and these treads will no longer be needed.
It's pretty comical that the fans want Weege and Weege wants to do Supercross yet we are stuck with Todd Harris. I'd venture to guess they are paying way more for Harris than they would for Weege considering resumes. NBC needs to pull their heads out.
S.O.S.
Fantasy
2241st
5/1/2021 10:50pm
I suspect that it’s Feld who doesn’t want Weege in the booth. Feld seems to keep as much distance as they can between SX and MX, and if Weege were to start calling indoors it would blur the lines between to two series.
Whitey
5/1/2021 11:25pm
I usually try to stay away from these jabs at the announcing but tonight was beyond diabolical, I feel embarrassed for them all.
5/1/2021 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 11:43pm
S.O.S. wrote:
I suspect that it’s Feld who doesn’t want Weege in the booth. Feld seems to keep as much distance as they can between SX and MX...
I suspect that it’s Feld who doesn’t want Weege in the booth. Feld seems to keep as much distance as they can between SX and MX, and if Weege were to start calling indoors it would blur the lines between to two series.
Bingo....plus Weege has diminished his stock by calling any and every sport that will pay him.

Huge Weege fan....he's the best announcer in our sport...but that's the reality of it.
Motoxdoc
5/1/2021 11:40pm
I don't know, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I certainly don't think of the announcing as "diabolical" Huh or "face palm" worthy, I tune in for the racing.
Heavyrider
5/1/2021 11:47pm
I generally don’t let it bother me. But, this may have been Will’s worst performance yet.
Bearuno
5/1/2021 11:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 11:58pm
S.O.S. wrote:
I suspect that it’s Feld who doesn’t want Weege in the booth. Feld seems to keep as much distance as they can between SX and MX...
I think you're right with that.

I also don't think it would be a good thing to have "All Weege, All The Time".

He's great, but he's got, I reckon, enough on his hands,

And, I think the Corporate thing with Feld ( and yes, I know there's quite a corporate thing with MX Sports / Racer X), I fear he'd lose much of his dash, whit and style that we so love from him.

Blair did a great job in the booth - I'd like to see him there, in place of the 2 others that swapped around this year. And, who knows, RC might just get better with his 'words'............

I was a bit 'blank' with Blair, from his being a bit of a smartarse with the riders in that A1 conference a few years ago, and him going on about his racing. I've followed SX for it's entire existence, and am usually aware of most riders, even back fielders in the 250s, but I'm buggered if I ever recalled him in racing. I'd say it's entirely my fault in missing his career , but his name just never 'clicked' with me with regards to racing.

But, this year, I've really liked his after race analysis, and, his Genuine enthusiasm and appreciation for the riders skills and efforts when doing them. It'sThe way to inform casual spectators, and we fellow riders. So much better than things like that Hipster Doofus. He really has done a great job with those, and his Commentary was very, Very good.

So, Blair in the booth, with RC, hopefully improving ( and, he has improved quite a lot - it's Not easy what they are doing), is my preference, which is worth less than a box of empty beer bottles.

Leave Weege with his work with the Outdoors, GNCC, Racer X and so many other things. That he does, so very, very well.

Though, of course, if there's Big Bucks with going to Feld / SX, well, who am I, or any of us, to criticize a blokes life decisions?
mb60
5/2/2021 12:36am
Heavyrider wrote:
I generally don’t let it bother me. But, this may have been Will’s worst performance yet.
She needs to go. Brings nothing to the broadcast. But the powers that be try to get her more involved in the racing on the track. Imagine watching a NFL game and trying to get a human interest story while one team is driving down the field for a go ahead score.
5/2/2021 3:21am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2021 3:24am
S.O.S. wrote:
Bingo....plus Weege has diminished his stock by calling any and every sport that will pay him. Huge Weege fan....he's the best announcer in our sport...but that's...
Bingo....plus Weege has diminished his stock by calling any and every sport that will pay him.

Huge Weege fan....he's the best announcer in our sport...but that's the reality of it.
Wait... Don't Todd Harris, Leigh Diffey, and Ralph Sheheen call any sport that will pay them (as they should)?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/2/2021 3:29am
Weege doesn't make those mistakes because Weege lives and breathes this shit. Put him in the MF booth already! Put him in there with Blair as...
Treads?
blueracer
5/2/2021 3:42am
Ironic that you are throwing shade at someone not saying the right word. And then you use ‘treads’ instead of ‘threads’. Now imagine how many more mistakes you would make if you had to write that under pressure. I have never been a commentator, but I understand it can’t be easy to be 100 percent every single time.
Crush
5/2/2021 4:09am
Harris’s mind was blown when he had a look behind him going over the triple.

That’s all you need to know.
Airick
Fantasy
2637th
5/2/2021 4:49am
S.O.S. wrote:
Didn’t Bailey do both? Maybe Eckman too? Didn’t seem to be problem then?
SEE ARE125
5/2/2021 6:27am
Blair and RC in the booth, JBone on the floor and/or in the pits, Rutledge Wood in the stands selling snowcones to the kids.
5/2/2021 6:34am
GuyB wrote:
Treads?
Well, it was 1 o'clock in the morning and I was probably three times the legal limit at that point. It's actually pretty impressive that all I missed was an 'h.' lol
gt80rider
5/2/2021 7:07am
tuttle425 wrote:
It's pretty comical that the fans want Weege and Weege wants to do Supercross yet we are stuck with Todd Harris. I'd venture to guess they...
It's pretty comical that the fans want Weege and Weege wants to do Supercross yet we are stuck with Todd Harris. I'd venture to guess they are paying way more for Harris than they would for Weege considering resumes. NBC needs to pull their heads out.
Don't forget the diffy..... super professional, never saw him butcher anything the few rounds he got to sit in the booth
MxMickyV
5/2/2021 7:47am
Bring back Denny Dbo360 on the floor. DB and RC in the booth. Have Ralph for backup and DV for science of SX. Stamp it.
Ted722
5/2/2021 2:27pm
Heavyrider wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
I noticed something was missing in last night's flat track coverage. Kristin Beat did a nice job last night and so would Will.

That was painful..........
Sorry, picked the wrong interview for you. It was real. She asked some questions just after he took his helmet off and he was candid.

Her 3 hours was stellar, thanks (in no small part) to the human interaction. Nice to see the facial expressions and eye to eye contact.
tuttle425
5/2/2021 2:33pm
tuttle425 wrote:
It's pretty comical that the fans want Weege and Weege wants to do Supercross yet we are stuck with Todd Harris. I'd venture to guess they...
gt80rider wrote:
Don't forget the diffy..... super professional, never saw him butcher anything the few rounds he got to sit in the booth
Diffy is really good. The only thing I don’t like about him doing Supercross is that he’s not really as engrossed in the sport as, say, wedge.
5/2/2021 2:38pm
It still blows my mind that Supercross announcers and the system still don't recognize the Motocross series. Both series' are on the same network and yet SupercrossLive and Feld still act like these guys only race 17 rounds of Supercross then they stop. I heard so many times that these East and West 250 guys have to wait a long time to race again...I thought what!? They race the outdoors which is more prestigious to me for the 250 championship than the regional SX
Ted722
5/2/2021 2:46pm
mxwells216 wrote:
It still blows my mind that Supercross announcers and the system still don't recognize the Motocross series. Both series' are on the same network and yet...
It still blows my mind that Supercross announcers and the system still don't recognize the Motocross series. Both series' are on the same network and yet SupercrossLive and Feld still act like these guys only race 17 rounds of Supercross then they stop. I heard so many times that these East and West 250 guys have to wait a long time to race again...I thought what!? They race the outdoors which is more prestigious to me for the 250 championship than the regional SX
That's grinded my gears from day 1. I heard from some famous podcaster that "a rising tide raises all boats" and he's right. This is not a 6 month sport. Pay it forward and you will have more eyeballs come Winter. (Dec/Jan/Feb..and beyond). How in the f#ck do they not get this?

Post a reply to: Justin lawrence. The hunter brothers.

The Latest