Justin Hill to JGR Factory Suzuki, 2 year deal

51xc
9/13/2017 7:10am
definitly sucks for either bogle or peick. just signed and already out next year. I would have signed harrison asap for their 250 effort. hill seems way to hot and cold.
ga_pike
9/13/2017 7:48am
51xc wrote:
definitly sucks for either bogle or peick. just signed and already out next year. I would have signed harrison asap for their 250 effort. hill seems...
definitly sucks for either bogle or peick. just signed and already out next year. I would have signed harrison asap for their 250 effort. hill seems way to hot and cold.
Maybe not. Maybe they will field 3 450's? Not like Suzuki is giving support to another factory team anymore.
jeffro503
9/13/2017 7:59am
I'm happy for Justin because I think he'll put in a hell of a season in SX. But the outdoors this year? Looked like he gave no effort really at all. To me anyways. He could have been suffering through some nagging injuries or something , not sure.

Every time I see a highly paid factory rider come back from an injury or whatever , and just flounder around inside the top 20.....I think about all those come back races that Trey Canard did. Trey almost always came back fighting for podiums and top 5's.....like his first race back!

etccb
9/13/2017 8:45am
Hill should be on a sx only team like moto concepts and another good rider that will race the entire season should get a seat that is used for the entire season. He is fast in sx and will give good results there but his outdoors is insulting to the team, sponsors and all of the employees that work so hard every day to make it happen.

The Shop

KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
9/13/2017 10:50am
Hopefully JGR put a clause in the contract related to performance outdoors so they can pick a better rider if Hill doesn't make the grade. I think Justin will be expected to win 250's for JGR and I'm not sure the Suszuki or JGR 250 program are up to Pro Circuit Kawi 250 level. I was at US MXGP and was super disappointed in his performance. I hear there were reasons or excuses but definitely not factory caliber results.
Camp332
9/13/2017 11:08am
I like Justin Hill bros! Bad dude right there.
MX-LIFE.
9/13/2017 11:26am
Paul333 wrote:
Let me give you a list:

(1.) 99.99% of the industry sponsors
(2.) Fans
pilotdude wrote:
Boom.
RangerLee wrote:
^^THIS Those SX only contracts are awful for the fans, RV did not have it, but he managed to get away with it for two years...
^^THIS

Those SX only contracts are awful for the fans, RV did not have it, but he managed to get away with it for two years due to surgeries. Though to be completely fair, if so many of the sponsors were against it, wouldn't they NOT sponsor the rider and therefor no SX only contract?

Things seemed to go downhill for JS7 after he took the SX only contract, fans were upset they would not see him outdoors and I am pretty sure he never won a championship after that.
MC started the SX only contract did anyone bitch about him doing it?
davistld01
9/13/2017 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2017 12:13pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm happy for Justin because I think he'll put in a hell of a season in SX. But the outdoors this year? Looked like he gave...
I'm happy for Justin because I think he'll put in a hell of a season in SX. But the outdoors this year? Looked like he gave no effort really at all. To me anyways. He could have been suffering through some nagging injuries or something , not sure.

Every time I see a highly paid factory rider come back from an injury or whatever , and just flounder around inside the top 20.....I think about all those come back races that Trey Canard did. Trey almost always came back fighting for podiums and top 5's.....like his first race back!

Who's to know if Justin wasn't unhappy at PC, and with all the bike glitches with their bikes this year, started talking to Suzuki or JGR before the season was half over. Maybe he was in a negative place mentally, and just wanted to get the season over clean and uninjured so he could plop down into a new contract for 2018.

Total speculation on my part, but I mean...it's not like it hasn't been done before, right?

Post a reply to: Justin Hill to JGR Factory Suzuki, 2 year deal

The Latest