Justin Hill signs with MCR

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2019 11:09 AM

Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda is pleased to announce that Yoncalla, Oregon’s @justinhill46 will join the team for the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross Championship Series. The former Western Regional 250 Supercross Champion will compete in the 450 class aboard a Honda CRF450R, joining returning team members Malcolm Stewart and Vince Friese.
“Justin has championship speed and abilities and we are excited to have a rider of his caliber join the team,” said Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda team owner Mike Genova. “While Justin has had a couple of tough years; we believe that with hard work and commitment on his part, combined with our race-proven MCR Honda, he can be a top contender in 2020.” After winning the 2017 Western Regional Supercross Championship, Hill spent the next season defending his title before moving up to the premier 250 division in 2018. The next two years were riddled with bad luck and injuries that kept Hill from realizing his true potential, but he looks to regain his form with a fresh start in 2020. “I’m really excited to be a part of the Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda team,” said Hill. “Change is good and working with this new group of guys is a breath of fresh air. The bike is amazing, and I am looking forward to racing to the top this coming season.” Hill will pilot a 2020 Honda CRF450R built by mechanic Jake Chase; but will wait to make his competition debut until the January season opener rather than at this weekend’s Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas, Nevada. “We are definitely excited about signing Justin Hill,” said Team Manager Tony Alessi. “Interestingly enough, he has ridden with us about six or seven times, and each and every time he has managed to turn in the fastest lap of the day. If he can build the fitness to maintain that pace throughout a race, he will be a winner for sure. His fitness program begins in November, and we are looking forward to enjoying a great season together.”

|

10/17/2019 11:10 AM



|

10/17/2019 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2019 11:25 AM

Brothers gotta make enough lettuce to support his music career.

Good fit for a results based contract/team.

It's quite possible MCR comes out with a bang at A1... Mookie and Hill are fantastic when on their game.

It would be fun to take bets on who has the better season, or single race result, between Hill and Mookie -- hard to say!

|

10/17/2019 11:28 AM

Casting wrote:

Brothers gotta make enough lettuce to support his music career.

Good fit for a results based contract/team.

It's quite possible MCR comes out with a bang at A1... Mookie and Hill are fantastic when on their game.

It would be fun to take bets on who has the better season, or single race result, between Hill and Mookie -- hard to say!

I'll take Malcolm all day every day

|

10/17/2019 11:36 AM

Good news! Hill deserves a ride

|

10/17/2019 11:37 AM

This will be his Make Or Break Gig.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

10/17/2019 11:42 AM

Casting wrote:

Brothers gotta make enough lettuce to support his music career.

Good fit for a results based contract/team.

It's quite possible MCR comes out with a bang at A1... Mookie and Hill are fantastic when on their game.

It would be fun to take bets on who has the better season, or single race result, between Hill and Mookie -- hard to say!

Moto Obsessed wrote:

I'll take Malcolm all day every day

Same. Malcolm>Justin

With that said, good for Justin. This could very well be his last opportunity so I hope he makes the best of it.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/17/2019 11:45 AM

I guess I'm glad for him that he found someone to pay the bills for him to race. I'm not optimistic that he's as committed as a lot of the top guys are, but I think his talent level is off the charts. Hopefully he wakes up and decides that he wants to compete more than he has admitted to in the past.

I hope he does well, but wouldn't bet the mortgage on him suddenly being fully committed. I think he was honest about his lack of commitment in the past, but it's much harder to believe that he is ever going to turn that around. By that time in your life, you have developed a lot of your permanent habits/tendencies. Let's hope he is one of the relative few that can overcome that.

|

10/17/2019 11:48 AM

I think he will do well after being scared straight from not taking racing seriously...I think he realizes it's now or never, and no more f'cking around.

|

10/17/2019 11:48 AM

Hope MCR made it a bonus for finishes only contract. Sorry to say...

|

10/17/2019 11:55 AM

I have not always been complimentary of Hill on here, but I hope this works out for both parties. The kid has so much talent, he just needs the right mentor/environment to tease it out of him. Hopefully Tony A is the maestro.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/17/2019 12:12 PM

ledger wrote:

This will be his Make Or Break Gig.

JGR should have been......

|

10/17/2019 12:18 PM

Guess he won the practice shootout! Hopefully he can find the motivation to put in the work needed to be the best he can actually be.

|

10/17/2019 12:21 PM

“While Justin has had a couple of tough years; we believe that with hard work and commitment on his part"

"If he can build the fitness to maintain that pace throughout a race, he will be a winner for sure. His fitness program begins in November"

Sounds like MCR knows what they're getting into with him. But shouldn't his fitness program already be going? How much fitness can you build in 8 weeks?

|

10/17/2019 12:29 PM

wsmille2 wrote:

Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda is pleased to announce that Yoncalla, Oregon’s @justinhill46 will join the team for the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross Championship Series. The former Western Regional 250 Supercross Champion will compete in the 450 class aboard a Honda CRF450R, joining returning team members Malcolm Stewart and Vince Friese.
“Justin has championship speed and abilities and we are excited to have a rider of his caliber join the team,” said Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda team owner Mike Genova. “While Justin has had a couple of tough years; we believe that with hard work and commitment on his part, combined with our race-proven MCR Honda, he can be a top contender in 2020.” After winning the 2017 Western Regional Supercross Championship, Hill spent the next season defending his title before moving up to the premier 250 division in 2018. The next two years were riddled with bad luck and injuries that kept Hill from realizing his true potential, but he looks to regain his form with a fresh start in 2020. “I’m really excited to be a part of the Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda team,” said Hill. “Change is good and working with this new group of guys is a breath of fresh air. The bike is amazing, and I am looking forward to racing to the top this coming season.” Hill will pilot a 2020 Honda CRF450R built by mechanic Jake Chase; but will wait to make his competition debut until the January season opener rather than at this weekend’s Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas, Nevada. “We are definitely excited about signing Justin Hill,” said Team Manager Tony Alessi. “Interestingly enough, he has ridden with us about six or seven times, and each and every time he has managed to turn in the fastest lap of the day. If he can build the fitness to maintain that pace throughout a race, he will be a winner for sure. His fitness program begins in November, and we are looking forward to enjoying a great season together.”

So why wait until November to start a "fitness" program? Today too soon?

|

10/17/2019 12:36 PM

mx617 wrote:

“While Justin has had a couple of tough years; we believe that with hard work and commitment on his part"

"If he can build the fitness to maintain that pace throughout a race, he will be a winner for sure. His fitness program begins in November"

Sounds like MCR knows what they're getting into with him. But shouldn't his fitness program already be going? How much fitness can you build in 8 weeks?

Assuming he's already in reasonable shape, he'll be looking to 'peak' in March.
being burned physically & mentally out is worse than being unfit with a keen mind.

|

10/17/2019 12:40 PM

wsmille2 wrote:

Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda is pleased to announce that Yoncalla, Oregon’s @justinhill46 will join the team for the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross Championship Series. The former Western Regional 250 Supercross Champion will compete in the 450 class aboard a Honda CRF450R, joining returning team members Malcolm Stewart and Vince Friese.
“Justin has championship speed and abilities and we are excited to have a rider of his caliber join the team,” said Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda team owner Mike Genova. “While Justin has had a couple of tough years; we believe that with hard work and commitment on his part, combined with our race-proven MCR Honda, he can be a top contender in 2020.” After winning the 2017 Western Regional Supercross Championship, Hill spent the next season defending his title before moving up to the premier 250 division in 2018. The next two years were riddled with bad luck and injuries that kept Hill from realizing his true potential, but he looks to regain his form with a fresh start in 2020. “I’m really excited to be a part of the Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda team,” said Hill. “Change is good and working with this new group of guys is a breath of fresh air. The bike is amazing, and I am looking forward to racing to the top this coming season.” Hill will pilot a 2020 Honda CRF450R built by mechanic Jake Chase; but will wait to make his competition debut until the January season opener rather than at this weekend’s Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas, Nevada. “We are definitely excited about signing Justin Hill,” said Team Manager Tony Alessi. “Interestingly enough, he has ridden with us about six or seven times, and each and every time he has managed to turn in the fastest lap of the day. If he can build the fitness to maintain that pace throughout a race, he will be a winner for sure. His fitness program begins in November, and we are looking forward to enjoying a great season together.”

dura max wrote:

So why wait until November to start a "fitness" program? Today too soon?

Perhaps he is moving states or has a slight injury niggle or does it really matter?

|

Current rides: 2019 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/17/2019 12:46 PM

Stoked to see a top dude in Leatt!

|

10/17/2019 12:52 PM

THIS MAN ALMOST WON A 450 MAIN. DON'T FORGET.

|

10/17/2019 1:00 PM

twotwosix wrote:

THIS MAN ALMOST WON A 450 MAIN. DON'T FORGET.

LOL, I love how a guy who got put over a berm early in the race "almost won a 450 main".

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/17/2019 1:10 PM

Well, MCR got Mookie in shape so who knows.

|

10/17/2019 1:14 PM

Not a fan of Hill but sx only contract is good for him. 10-15th place with no pressure.

|

10/17/2019 1:31 PM

mb60 wrote:

Not a fan of Hill but sx only contract is good for him. 10-15th place with no pressure.

Same here. I think you’ll see this work well for him

|

10/17/2019 1:46 PM

I can already see at the end of the year I just need good equipment and the opportunity to prove myself again interviews lol

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

10/17/2019 1:52 PM

MCR motivated Malcolm to get in great shape , and it worked good and he looks great! I hope Justin follows the same path.

Question : Guess I'm out of the loop here , but Brayton no longer with MCR?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/17/2019 1:59 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

MCR motivated Malcolm to get in great shape , and it worked good and he looks great! I hope Justin follows the same path.

Question : Guess I'm out of the loop here , but Brayton no longer with MCR?

I think he is factory Honda now.

|

10/17/2019 2:02 PM

"we can deal with speed" at least the first few times.....

|

10/17/2019 2:10 PM

PTshox wrote:

Hope MCR made it a bonus for finishes only contract. Sorry to say...

Considering thats how they do all their contracts......probably.

|

10/17/2019 2:32 PM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

I can already see at the end of the year I just need good equipment and the opportunity to prove myself again interviews lol

Pre season interviews: “Bike and team is amazing! Can’t thank them!”

First round: “struggled all day with the bike, team is amazing tho. Changed setup back to our base setting before the main and it was a disaster ”

Mid season: “just having trouble getting comfortable on this all new bike. Went back to our base setting and feel so much better already but still need to fine tune it.“

Late SX: “I’m just not having fun anymore and for me it’s gotta be fun.”

Late 2020: “I’m ready to race and even hungrier than ever before! Can only hope someone believes in me.”

|

10/17/2019 2:33 PM

snackfedbear wrote:

Stoked to see a top dude in Leatt!

That kit is atrocious

|