Justin Hill - Its Definitely NOT The Bike Right?

Turbojez
1/18/2018 8:20am
Motofinne wrote:
The factory GP team with NO RULES could NOT make enough power for Seewer to compete with the other factory bikes. And keep in mind that...
The factory GP team with NO RULES could NOT make enough power for Seewer to compete with the other factory bikes. And keep in mind that Lawrence rode on a worse bike compared to the one Seewer was on. They focused A LOT of resources on Seewers bike.

How difficult is that to understand? How is JGR/Yoshimura supposed to make it competitive within the production rules in US racing? To just say that "power is not a problem for JGR, they know how to make powerful engine packages" is just ignorant. JGR could make a too powerful YZF 450 according to some rumors,the 450 was too much to handle for some riders. But i'm pretty sure the factory Suzuki GP team is also capable of finding HP, they obviously couldn't make it happen with the current RMZ 250. What makes you think JGR can?

Now, is Hills bad start on the JGR team 100% because of the bike? Of course not. But it is a part of it. I don't know how big that part is, neither does anyone else. But it is a factor.

I think he should be able to do better than this, even though the bike is behind his competitors bikes.
1. SX is not MXGP. Different power/gearing.
2. Different fuel regulations
3. Hill said it himself on one of the podcasts, that his bike is on par with the competition power-wise.
4. Top 3 starts out of the gate take all credibility away from the "not enough hp" debate.

After all, it seems like Justin is struggling with suspension setup. Hope he'll dial it in soon!
SoCalMX70
1/18/2018 8:22am
90smoto wrote:
I'd say your the one that doesn't know what there talking about. Ask Brian Swink how that worked out for him by leaving Pro Circuit for...
I'd say your the one that doesn't know what there talking about. Ask Brian Swink how that worked out for him by leaving Pro Circuit for Suzuki just cause of the big money contract they offered him. The bike was a pile of shit and Brian's career never turned out like it would of had he stayed with Mitch. Brian will be the first to tell you that was the biggest mistake of his life.
Damn, can't argue with sound 90s logic... My favorite era!
Lightning78
1/20/2018 9:21pm
Wow... just WOW

YEA its for sure (sarcasm) NOT the bike.... its incredible how BAD his results continue to be. This is an EPIC fail ive literally never seen a rider on a meteoric rise up do THIS bad in a title defense.... he HAD to have known what he was gonna wind up with when he took that JGR ride on the RMZ250 i realize its supposed to be for a 450 deal but ANOTHER 10th overall????

The Shop

JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
1/20/2018 10:03pm
The only other title defense I’ve seen go this bad was JLaw in 09. Hill can barely get in the top 10.
Construction
1/20/2018 10:04pm
Wow... just WOW YEA its for sure (sarcasm) NOT the bike.... its incredible how BAD his results continue to be. This is an EPIC fail ive...
Wow... just WOW

YEA its for sure (sarcasm) NOT the bike.... its incredible how BAD his results continue to be. This is an EPIC fail ive literally never seen a rider on a meteoric rise up do THIS bad in a title defense.... he HAD to have known what he was gonna wind up with when he took that JGR ride on the RMZ250 i realize its supposed to be for a 450 deal but ANOTHER 10th overall????
It’s the bike but his teammate beats him week in and week out right
Nesc39
1/20/2018 10:28pm
If it was the bike then how is Nicoletti beating him? On supercross talent alone he should be 3-4 positions ahead of him
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
1/20/2018 10:33pm
So - if these results continue - does JGR/Suzuki push him to the 450?
At least for East rounds.
tcallahan707
1/20/2018 10:39pm
Spat24 wrote:
So - if these results continue - does JGR/Suzuki push him to the 450?
At least for East rounds.
Spend more money on him for what? So he can fight to make mains? If anything, I'd start outdoor testing and see what kind of effort shows up.
JMR1976
1/20/2018 10:53pm
Nesc39 wrote:
If it was the bike then how is Nicoletti beating him? On supercross talent alone he should be 3-4 positions ahead of him
This.
Motofinne
1/21/2018 1:02am
That was a pretty expensive red number 1 plate for one week, JGR.
Motofinne
1/21/2018 1:14am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 7:30am
Nesc39 wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying that bike is the only or biggest reason for this.

The bike is a PART of this. It's a factor. How big? Impossible to say.

But he could be on a Gas Gas and he should be way better than this. This is not good at all.
LungButter
1/21/2018 6:25am
It ain't the bike. It's the rider.

Hill got lucky that McElrath had a DNF last year.

I really hope JGR has an "out" so they don't have to suffer through a year of Hill getting stomped on 450s. As shitty as he's riding this year he wouldn't even make mains in the big bike class.
Gus
1/21/2018 7:22am
Has anyone sensed the conversation turning from “Ive got a 2 year deal, 250 this year then 450 next year” to.... I’ve got a 2 year deal, 250 this year then MAYBE 450 next year”. I feel like the 450 certainty is changing. Anyone else picking up on that ?
Flip109
1/21/2018 7:31am
Was not a fan after his outdoor effort. This just tops it off. What a shit show lol
Wells423
1/21/2018 7:31am
It’s not the bike, it’s his effort. Why are people so confused by what’s going on? We’ve seen this same shit from this guy the first time he raced for pc and his time at tld. Honestly he lucked his way into one regional title in his third or fourth attempt at in. I’m personally very happy that his results suck because I think he is an entitled douche bag bro that has never really put the full effort in. He freely admitted that on the pulp show. He will never do shit on a 450. To lazy, to preoccupied being a douche bag just like his brother.
cody41
1/21/2018 7:44am
It’s the O’Neil gear
1/21/2018 8:50am
Nicoletti made some comments saying they have missed some on suspension setup this year; too stiff, and dirt has been much softer than they originally anticipated.
8tensolutions
1/21/2018 8:55am
I am confused with all of this discussion around the bike. It seems simple to me.

1. Phil is beating him handily, just like Barcia is handling Webb. Not the bike.

2. He rode around just like this in outdoors ON THE PC BIKE.

3. What has he done other than this his whole career? JGR made yet another poor hiring decision.
Katoomey
1/21/2018 10:34am
BigDaddyG wrote:
I’m sure JGR has that bike dialed lower wise and it’s no turd. Hopefully what ML512 mentioned about suspension testing this week really helps him out...
I’m sure JGR has that bike dialed lower wise and it’s no turd. Hopefully what ML512 mentioned about suspension testing this week really helps him out.
Justin is a much better 450 rider and will surprise a shit ton of people when he moves up. He’s probably one of the top 5 most naturally talented riders out of both classes but injuries have held him back a bit. But wait till he hops on that 450..... just wait
ok... fine. Are you gonna come back on hear and admit that you were totally wrong when he doesn't blow everyone away on a 450, or do you just crawl back in your little hole from whence you came?

any idiot can make idiodic claims. you are no different. why even waste the digital ink? are you a fucking gypsy or something? whats the point on guessing at the future?

and what's in it for you to make those claims? have you invested your own ego into the success of another man?
that's what women do with their husbands for crying out loud...
Motofinne
1/21/2018 10:49am
BigDaddyG wrote:
I’m sure JGR has that bike dialed lower wise and it’s no turd. Hopefully what ML512 mentioned about suspension testing this week really helps him out...
I’m sure JGR has that bike dialed lower wise and it’s no turd. Hopefully what ML512 mentioned about suspension testing this week really helps him out.
Justin is a much better 450 rider and will surprise a shit ton of people when he moves up. He’s probably one of the top 5 most naturally talented riders out of both classes but injuries have held him back a bit. But wait till he hops on that 450..... just wait
Katoomey wrote:
ok... fine. Are you gonna come back on hear and admit that you were totally wrong when he doesn't blow everyone away on a 450, or...
ok... fine. Are you gonna come back on hear and admit that you were totally wrong when he doesn't blow everyone away on a 450, or do you just crawl back in your little hole from whence you came?

any idiot can make idiodic claims. you are no different. why even waste the digital ink? are you a fucking gypsy or something? whats the point on guessing at the future?

and what's in it for you to make those claims? have you invested your own ego into the success of another man?
wow.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/21/2018 10:51am
BigDaddyG wrote:
Katoomey wrote:
ok... fine. Are you gonna come back on hear and admit that you were totally wrong when he doesn't blow everyone away on a 450, or...

Put down the jack daniels maaaaan
jeffro503
1/21/2018 11:07am
BigDaddyG wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

Toomey......you are truly a dick!
Jmicmoto13
1/21/2018 11:47am
BigDaddyG wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
wow.
Is his behavior surprising? Guy runs his mouth about someone running their mouth. I get tired of seeing his name on here sometimes.
Motofinne
1/21/2018 11:51am
Katoomey wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
wow.
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Is his behavior surprising? Guy runs his mouth about someone running their mouth. I get tired of seeing his name on here sometimes.
No, i'm not at all surprised.

The one thing that does surprise me is that he hasn't been clicked.
mingham97
1/21/2018 12:00pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
You know you're a definitely a dick when even Jeffro thinks you're a dick.
jeffro503
1/21/2018 12:51pm
Katoomey wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
You know you're a definitely a dick when even Jeffro thinks you're a dick.
Haha. Possibly true. But I do try and show everyone respect until they come after me for some dumb reason. Toomey is a different kinda prick. Like always going after everyone for no reason what so ever.
1/21/2018 1:10pm
I am confused with all of this discussion around the bike. It seems simple to me. 1. Phil is beating him handily, just like Barcia is...
I am confused with all of this discussion around the bike. It seems simple to me.

1. Phil is beating him handily, just like Barcia is handling Webb. Not the bike.

2. He rode around just like this in outdoors ON THE PC BIKE.

3. What has he done other than this his whole career? JGR made yet another poor hiring decision.
Sound, Simple, Logical.

Let's be honest, the Hill boys are talented as hell. But not exactly good in the "judgement" category. So with that said, who knows why things have gone south but I wouldnt rule out off-track issues. I have no insider info on this, Im just making what I think is a safe assumption. This sport is a meat grinder. Making it thru the 250 ranks without talent being derailed by the money/influences/too-soon-freedom is a miracle.

This sport does a VERY poor job of protecting it's "investments". From the race-dads to the team managers.

And JGR is one of the more professional/safe environments for a rider to be aligned with. I'd be bummed to find out this was more than just a bike issue for Hill.
Mickolobe7
1/21/2018 1:25pm
bvm111 wrote:
Michael, I heard the same thing, however, we all know winning the championship doesn’t gaurentee a 450 ride ask Mookie how that worked for him. I...
Michael,

I heard the same thing, however, we all know winning the championship doesn’t gaurentee a 450 ride ask Mookie how that worked for him. I would have ensured I was on the best equipment to showcase my talent rather than what is happening now. Im not knocking Hill as I think he is a great rider with a great attitude... I was concerned this would happen and since the 450 thing isn’t guaranteed he might be out of luck come 2019.

I just think Loyalty should have been a bigger part of his division making process.
I agree with you on that. I would rather have 2 250 championships and I would think he would of had a better chance of a factory 450 ride. Just my 2 cents

Post a reply to: Justin Hill - Its Definitely NOT The Bike Right?

The Latest