Justin Hill

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2019 8:31pm
What the hell is going on?? Dude rips last year for the few 450 races he does and now hes cruising around like he’s on a parade lap. Is he that out of shape? Will JGR let him do outdoors? No way that goes good. I like Justin and hope to see him to last years speed.
|
FerCzD
2/27/2019 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2019 7:26pm
He just did what he needed to to secure a ride, now he is just mailing it. I did not expect any different from JH46. When he wants to secure his next ride he'll put another spectacular performance and repeat history
brocster
2/27/2019 7:35pm
As I stated in another thread. JH46 = JH100. Supreme skills on a db but putting together all the pieces to be a top level racer aren’t at the top of his priority list. IMO
RexEasely
2/27/2019 7:53pm
Allow him to be a rookie and figure this out.

The Shop

BR8ES
2/27/2019 7:55pm
why is there any surprise or question?
Shawn142
2/27/2019 7:56pm
RexEasely wrote:
His contract is up at the end of the year. This is the time to figure it out if he wants to be paid to race next year.
9bro9
2/27/2019 8:03pm
Baffling how so many vitards are quick to judge. Brayton said it himself that "this is the most stacked he's ever seen this class, one mistake and you can be out of the top ten," which in point is where JH46 is at currently. It's as if you expect the man to win the championship his first go. Not denying he's not performing well, but he's also had some injuries and a couple bad crashes.
RexEasely
2/27/2019 8:06pm
RexEasely wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
His contract is up at the end of the year. This is the time to figure it out if he wants to be paid to race...
His contract is up at the end of the year. This is the time to figure it out if he wants to be paid to race next year.
He just needs to learn and not get injured. Also just make progress. Plenty of time with 8 sx races and the 17 nationals. The Suzuki is a pretty bike!
RexEasely
2/27/2019 8:10pm
brocster wrote:
As I stated in another thread. JH46 = JH100. Supreme skills on a db but putting together all the pieces to be a top level racer...
As I stated in another thread. JH46 = JH100. Supreme skills on a db but putting together all the pieces to be a top level racer aren’t at the top of his priority list. IMO
two cool guys and one put the pieces together for a championship and the other put a damn good and memorable effort almost getting one.
RexEasely
2/27/2019 8:12pm
jacko186 wrote:
Josh Hill 2.0
TymeMoto wrote:
Josh Hill is a 450 class winner
Josh was brilliant on the San Manuel yamaha. However jr is a champion
RexEasely
2/27/2019 8:18pm
RexEasely wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
His contract is up at the end of the year. This is the time to figure it out if he wants to be paid to race...
What's so stupid about this sport is 8 races in and he HAS to have it figured out.Lame. Also he augered himself into a berm just 2 races ago. Loosen up the expectations.
BobbyLight
2/27/2019 8:58pm
he had a couple get offs and still probably isn't at 100%. It does seem like he gets worn out and drops anchor during the mains. Although Chad was on pulp and said that he sees hill putting in all the work and all week during practice motos reed is chasing hill, not vice versa. I think chad jokingly mentioned something like when the team told him he was 2 seconds a lap off of hill he didnt believe them and timed it himself or something.

I think he will get it together. He just seems like one of those riders that isn't obsessed with racing and only racing, hes just more chill about it all kind of like seely. He has been around moto since before he can remember. Probably not hurting for money. Let him do what he wants to do. Hypothetically if he wanted to, for example, stop racing and just freeride in the hills and make music or something, then it is what it is. I think he will show some speed again, when he wants to.
Crush
2/27/2019 8:59pm
Starts are big in the 450s right now. Lotta dudes going a very similar speed.
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/27/2019 9:00pm
Justin is no rookie to this sport. All he spoke about the last 2 or 3 years was how much better he was on a 450 and he wanted a ride on a 450. Put on a couple of great rides last year, fooled a few people. He had a healthy off season to get ready, did lots of talking about how ready he was, which is cool. But he has not backed up these words-not even close. Want to see how a top 250 rider transitions to the 450 class? See Savatgy, Joey, or Plessinger, Aaron, or Osborne, Zach. Even though Zach good injured, he has more speed and preparation than Hill. I will be shocked if anyone gives Hill a ride after this year. I can't believe JGR hasn't insisted on more-maybe they have-but they have to be real disappointed. Good thing Reed is on that team. Talk about a ROI.

Some of you make it sound like he just came out of Loretta Lynn's for crying out loud. He might string together a few last ditch effort rides to try and get something for next year but the clock is ticking. The way the boys were talking about Hill on the RacerX Podcast, it didn't sound like they were taking him very seriously at this point.
Shawn142
2/27/2019 9:08pm
RexEasely wrote:
What's so stupid about this sport is 8 races in and he HAS to have it figured out.Lame. Also he augered himself into a berm just...
What's so stupid about this sport is 8 races in and he HAS to have it figured out.Lame. Also he augered himself into a berm just 2 races ago. Loosen up the expectations.
Man that's life. It's that way in any competitive environment. The best rise to the top and the ones who don't cut it fade away. Not everyone will get a 2nd or 3rd chance. The bike he's on is a factory ride that a lot of other people feel they deserve.
RexEasely
2/27/2019 9:09pm
bents wrote:
Justin is no rookie to this sport. All he spoke about the last 2 or 3 years was how much better he was on a 450...
Justin is no rookie to this sport. All he spoke about the last 2 or 3 years was how much better he was on a 450 and he wanted a ride on a 450. Put on a couple of great rides last year, fooled a few people. He had a healthy off season to get ready, did lots of talking about how ready he was, which is cool. But he has not backed up these words-not even close. Want to see how a top 250 rider transitions to the 450 class? See Savatgy, Joey, or Plessinger, Aaron, or Osborne, Zach. Even though Zach good injured, he has more speed and preparation than Hill. I will be shocked if anyone gives Hill a ride after this year. I can't believe JGR hasn't insisted on more-maybe they have-but they have to be real disappointed. Good thing Reed is on that team. Talk about a ROI.

Some of you make it sound like he just came out of Loretta Lynn's for crying out loud. He might string together a few last ditch effort rides to try and get something for next year but the clock is ticking. The way the boys were talking about Hill on the RacerX Podcast, it didn't sound like they were taking him very seriously at this point.
Seriously, take what the pulp guys say with a grain of salt. I enjoy listening to them but they are way off sometimes. It's wrong for them to keep bashing JR. I take it Hill is not in their circle so it's easier to talk him down.
RexEasely
2/27/2019 9:14pm
RexEasely wrote:
What's so stupid about this sport is 8 races in and he HAS to have it figured out.Lame. Also he augered himself into a berm just...
Shawn142 wrote:
Man that's life. It's that way in any competitive environment. The best rise to the top and the ones who don't cut it fade away. Not...
Man that's life. It's that way in any competitive environment. The best rise to the top and the ones who don't cut it fade away. Not everyone will get a 2nd or 3rd chance. The bike he's on is a factory ride that a lot of other people feel they deserve.
By your mentality Brayton should have quit before winning Daytona. RC had a terrible first year so did Poto. Hill has 7 rides, 120 minutes in the 450 class. He is better than Zac and showed more speed than AP at qualifying and riding by industry standards an outdated heavy bike.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/27/2019 9:37pm
brocster wrote:
As I stated in another thread. JH46 = JH100. Supreme skills on a db but putting together all the pieces to be a top level racer...
I concur, good equipment and extremely talented but the missing link is somewhere between his ears. A good Sports Psychologist may help.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/27/2019 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2019 9:50pm
RexEasely wrote:
By your mentality Brayton should have quit before winning Daytona. RC had a terrible first year so did Poto. Hill has 7 rides, 120 minutes in...
By your mentality Brayton should have quit before winning Daytona. RC had a terrible first year so did Poto. Hill has 7 rides, 120 minutes in the 450 class. He is better than Zac and showed more speed than AP at qualifying and riding by industry standards an outdated heavy bike.
That same (by industry standards) heavy outdated bike carried Reed to the podium, however, in the right hands that bike can win.

Hill is a great rider but I'm thinking he is a bit broken on the mental side but I expect to see him come alive at some point.

There are a lot of frustrated riders out there looking for results and with a field this deep, it's the head strong dudes who filter through to the sharp end.
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/27/2019 9:53pm
bents wrote:
Justin is no rookie to this sport. All he spoke about the last 2 or 3 years was how much better he was on a 450...

RexEasely wrote:
Seriously, take what the pulp guys say with a grain of salt. I enjoy listening to them but they are way off sometimes. It's wrong for...
Seriously, take what the pulp guys say with a grain of salt. I enjoy listening to them but they are way off sometimes. It's wrong for them to keep bashing JR. I take it Hill is not in their circle so it's easier to talk him down.
The guys on the RacerX podcast have repeatedly suggested he is not in good enough shape and he has put in some less than inspired rides, and their observation is based on what they have been seeing throughout the series so far. I would think they have a decent idea about where he is at, especially Jason Thomas. I don't think they are talking him down, they are just telling us what they see and hear. This is not a personal condemnation of the guy-he appears to be a a great guy by all accounts. The bench racing here has to do with his on track performance and what he is doing to consistently ride inside the top 10, top 7, at the end of a main event. It ain't the bike because a 37 year old just put it on the podium. A Canadian Olympic swimmer once wore a t-shirt that simply stated, "Someone, somewhere is training when you're not, and when you meet them head to head, they will beat you." Knowing full well he was going to be in the deep end with the baddest dudes in SX, he needed to put in an effort like he had never put in before to be competitive, or at least, respectable. Mookie did it and it is a tragedy that he got hurt, as one example. But to line up with a full factory ride against all of these other factory guys, knowing full well the kind of work they are doing...I would think that he knew what he was up against and what he had to do to battle with these guys, and I'm not saying win.

With respect to the outdoors, I'm not even sure he has finished a series the last few years in the 250 class and has barely been a footnote at the end of MX. I have a tough time seeing him hammering a 450 for 30+2 over an entire series. Again, Joey, Aaron, Zach, will all be ready to throw down in the 450 mx series as they know what is required of them to be competitive with the big dogs in that class. Can't beat them if you don't at least meet their level of work in preparation for the series. Can't put in any less than what Tomac or Musquin or Roczen does and expect to be competitive.
Mit12
2/27/2019 9:57pm
If any team signs Hill to more than a one year contract after seeing last season and this season they are crazy. Actually when his contract is up at JGR no team should sign him. He needs to do what Wilson did and earn a spot on a factory team again.
tcallahan707
2/27/2019 9:58pm
I think there's more leeway about being a rookie if he hasn't had a history of underwhelming and uninspiring rides. This isn't the first time his heart has been questioned. The difference is that the response of "wait til he's on a 450" was an option.
jacko186
2/27/2019 10:08pm
TymeMoto wrote:
Josh Hill is a 450 class winner
That he is, and the raw speed he showcased is the same as his brother, who can haul ass on dirtbike no doubt at all. but piecing together a consistent season is the real challenge.
dirty1974
2/27/2019 11:32pm
i predict Justin will land on the podium this season a couple of times , the field is just to stacked to ride with bumps and bruises at a this level
Cancerman
2/27/2019 11:35pm
Mit12 wrote:
If any team signs Hill to more than a one year contract after seeing last season and this season they are crazy. Actually when his contract...
If any team signs Hill to more than a one year contract after seeing last season and this season they are crazy. Actually when his contract is up at JGR no team should sign him. He needs to do what Wilson did and earn a spot on a factory team again.
I think that choice will be made for him at the end of the season.

Post a reply to: Justin Hill

The Latest