Justin Coopers poor results(his standards)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2021 4:28 PM

What say you? Whats eating Justin Cooper?

Do you think Justin Cooper is hiding something causing his results to drop significantly?

View Results

|

9/5/2021 4:39 PM

This is standard operating for cooper. Seems he routinely starts out on fire then loses focus/interest and fades. He made it later into the season this time so maybe he’s making progress.

|

9/5/2021 4:44 PM

More like he injured maybe his thumb? At shougal

|

9/5/2021 8:25 PM

Dunno seems to struggle a little coming thru pack.
1st moto this week was a bit of shocker with so much on the line.

|

9/5/2021 8:35 PM

Or Jetts just stepped it up a level...
We have never seen J.Coop come from behind. He gets the start and sprints early.

Jett has come from behind and charged most weekends. Give Jett a start and he wins by 10+ seconds.

J.Coop only had 1 overall win. he's just been consistent and stayed on the podium.
There's been faster rides, just not consistent.

|

9/5/2021 10:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2021 10:03 PM

Stoop wrote:

More like he injured maybe his thumb? At shougal

He won motos at Unadilla and Budds and hasn't mentioned any injury.......Jett is just better.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

9/5/2021 11:25 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

He won motos at Unadilla and Budds and hasn't mentioned any injury.......Jett is just better.

He mentioned and injury at Washougal, killing it in moto1 at Unadilla and then the injury slowing him in moto 2.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/6/2021 7:47 AM

Injury from washougal made this title run a lot harder for JC..... dude has top shelf speed.... if he can dial that brain in, he would be unstoppable.... but then, the same could have been said for k-dub, etc....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/6/2021 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2021 6:37 AM

Justin’s a good rider, Jett’s simply performing better. Maybe Justin‘s trying so hard to stay in the fight he’s racing himself too hard.

|

9/6/2021 10:14 AM

His teammate also had an injury and that didn't seem to slow him down much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/6/2021 10:36 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

\_(ツ)_/

Did they have the same injury?

At the end of the day everyone reacts differently to different situations. Im seeing that with my two boys (1 and soon to be 3).

If he doesnt crash at Washougal, regardless of whether he hurt himself or not this title is a lot closer, he also has a lot more momentum at that point.

|

9/6/2021 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 10:51 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

\_(ツ)_/

mx 219 wrote:

Did they have the same injury?

At the end of the day everyone reacts differently to different situations. Im seeing that with ...more

What I'm saying is that there might be more to it than an injury. He might be dealing with internal stuff. That's not always easy to diagnose. I don't think a thumb injury would slow him down as much as what we're seeing.

He says he's giving it his all, but he doesn't even look like the same rider.

I don't think he's cracking under pressure either.

|

9/6/2021 10:58 AM

He reminds me of Jake Weimer, might win a championship in the lites class, but really just a top 10 pro.

|

9/6/2021 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 11:59 AM

I do think he may have some hidden challenges. But the simple fact is someone is gonna get 2nd
They are still awesome, same with Roczen, he is awesome but they can't both win!
I really think they need to change the number system
To show Respect to #2 #3 #4 #5
It's still a big accomplishment.
When watching the races a year from now will anyone remember who got 2nd or 5th etc?
Doubtful but I'd the number system was as it should be in my opinion, The number 2 would be in pictures magazine etc forever, and everyone would know that guy got 2nd in the championship.

|

9/6/2021 1:28 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

What I'm saying is that there might be more to it than an injury. He might be dealing with internal stuff. That's not always ...more

Not sure how severe his thumb injury is but I currently have a small injury on my middle finger and using the clutch is an absolute bitch. Now I'm nowhere near his level obviously. My point is sometimes I wonder how these guys race at the top of their game with injuries. Even though they may seem small I can imagine a hurt thumb can take you off your game just enough to be a little off.

|

9/6/2021 1:32 PM

Thumb injury confirmed.

Justin Cooper told us that racing has been a struggle since his second moto crash at Washougal, as he's been racing with a badly-injured thumb. "I have been taking time off the bike during the week to heal, but that, in turn, has cost me my racing fitness," he said. "Somehow, I managed to win the first moto at Unadilla, but I was spent for moto two and it's been a struggle ever since. We have one race left and all I can do is go out there and give it my all and hope for the best."
|

9/6/2021 3:06 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

He’s only won 1 overall this year.
The champ should win more than that

|

9/6/2021 6:24 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

motonation24 wrote:

Nah, whoever scores the most points should win it.

|

9/6/2021 9:28 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

motonation24 wrote:

fanger wrote:

Nah, whoever scores the most points should win it.

If he and Jett tie for points at Hangtown Jett gets it with most overalls.

|

9/7/2021 2:03 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Thumb injury confirmed.

Justin Cooper told us that racing has been a struggle since his second moto crash at Washougal, as ...more

I find it crazy that taking it easy during the week, even for a week or two has such an impact on the weekends. Shows the level that these guys are at

|

9/7/2021 5:26 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Thumb injury confirmed.

Justin Cooper told us that racing has been a struggle since his second moto crash at Washougal, as ...more
chump6784 wrote:

I find it crazy that taking it easy during the week, even for a week or two has such an impact on the weekends. Shows the ...more

He didn't drop off that much in moto 2 at Pala so I am not convinced there is much of a training issue since just about anyone not named Jett, Dylan, or Eli seemed to struggle pretty bad in moto 2. I was impressed he didn't drop off much in moto 2. Jett is just on another level now. Did anyone see him hanging off the back of the bike to get more traction on that huge holeshot?

|

9/7/2021 6:30 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Thumb injury confirmed.

Yet he blamed the bike on the podium at Unadilla after moto 2......I am not saying he doesn't have the injury, but be transparent!

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

9/7/2021 9:50 PM

Have you ever seen Cooper upbeat? Even winning with a 2-2 he wasn't happy. He had the opportunity to smash it mid season during Jetts slump and didn't.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/8/2021 4:27 AM

captmoto wrote:

Have you ever seen Cooper upbeat? Even winning with a 2-2 he wasn't happy. He had the opportunity to smash it mid season ...more

Justin needs a smile coach badly.

|

9/8/2021 7:37 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

This is standard operating for cooper. Seems he routinely starts out on fire then loses focus/interest and fades. He made it ...more

This comment makes no sense to me? He was on fire until he crashed at Washougal, crashes while running down the leader, and sustains an injury. His results begin to suffer immediately after at the next round, so it is tied to an event, right? How is this any kind of SOP? "Loses focus/interest, and fades".
NO. THE DUDE WEEDED HIMSELF. That is why... This is nowhere close to any kind previous behavior... I am not a J Coop fan, just pointing out the obvious.

|