Justin Cooper wanted #14 according to Seely

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2019 7:25 PM

|

9/26/2019 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 7:29 PM

He gave it up, it was available, Ferrandis took it.

What's the big deal? He didn't own the number.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/26/2019 7:30 PM

Wait a minute. To swoop it, don't you in fact have first dibs as having earned more points?

Wouldn't that fall under the category of tough shit then?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/26/2019 7:30 PM

It’s just giving respect to who carried the number prior to retirement. I agree, dick move.

|

9/26/2019 7:38 PM

I wonder if he knew Cooper wanted it? If so, yeah lame as f**k!!!

|

9/26/2019 7:40 PM

erickx450 wrote:

It’s just giving respect to who carried the number prior to retirement. I agree, dick move.

Yeah, but Justin wasn't entitled to it. Someone else was, and Seely had vacated the number and the rights too it. If he said no, does it matter? Not a bit.

Honestly i'd not be surprised if Dylan did it on purpose since it seems there isn't any love lost there, but you don't have to ask.

It's available, he's first in line. Done.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/26/2019 7:42 PM

|

9/26/2019 7:43 PM

Now you have to ask permission to take a number? Good lord we really need to go back to running the number you earned on the prior season.

|

9/26/2019 7:48 PM

yak651 wrote:

Now you have to ask permission to take a number? Good lord we really need to go back to running the number you earned on the prior season.

I'm a big fan of the permanent numbers, but if it's going to come down to people having to ask permission/deal with butthurt, then yup, let's go back to run what you earned.

|

9/26/2019 7:48 PM

Crush wrote:

Wait a minute. To swoop it, don't you in fact have first dibs as having earned more points?

Wouldn't that fall under the category of tough shit then?

Exactly. Ferrandis was eligible for a career number and since he earned more points, he got first dibs on what number he wanted to run.

You think Stewart cares that Plessinger is running the number 7? No, and he has a company named after the number. You could say that he's the only guy that took advantage of building a brand with the career numbers.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/26/2019 7:54 PM

yak651 wrote:

Sully wrote:

I'm a big fan of the permanent numbers, but if it's going to come down to people having to ask permission/deal with butthurt, then yup, let's go back to run what you earned.

He asked because Seely earned enough points to retain the number for next year, even if retired. Then the number would be available after he doesn’t earn enough points in a season, presumably after next year as he‘ll Be retired all next season. He could’ve kept it if he wanted to.

|

9/26/2019 7:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 7:59 PM

34 to 14. Naturally. Ferrandis is the best of the three riders involved so those two are just jealous. My opinion

|

9/26/2019 7:58 PM

Cole seely earned enough points to secure the number for 2020, meaning he had to tell AMA he was going to let someone take it for 2021 and not keep it held...which he did for Cooper to take...

While some might not see it as an issue, I can see why Cole directly takes issue with it. As he points to, he let it go so Cooper could take it over.

|

9/26/2019 8:02 PM

ML512 wrote:

Cole seely earned enough points to secure the number for 2020, meaning he had to tell AMA he was going to let someone take it for 2021 and not keep it held...which he did for Cooper to take...

While some might not see it as an issue, I can see why Cole directly takes issue with it. As he points to, he let it go so Cooper could take it over.

Saved me the ink.

|

9/26/2019 8:04 PM

ML512 wrote:

Then why did the AMA give it to Dylan if Cole told them he would give it up to Justin?

|

9/26/2019 8:04 PM

Then why not talk with Dylan about it also before releasing it. He had seniority on his hard earned merits. Just cause someone wants something does not mean they simply get it.

|

9/26/2019 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 8:07 PM

ML512 wrote:

Did Cole really not think that somebody else might want it too? Boo hoo...

|

9/26/2019 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 8:06 PM

Crafty Frenchman

|

9/26/2019 8:08 PM

ML512 wrote:

"... meaning he had to tell AMA he was going to let someone take it for 2021..."

Someone, who was entitled too, did.

|

Cheers, Crush

9/26/2019 8:11 PM

slipdog wrote:

Then why did the AMA give it to Dylan if Cole told them he would give it up to Justin?

You can't reserve a number for someone.

|

9/26/2019 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 11:51 PM

ML512 wrote:

Crush wrote:

"... meaning he had to tell AMA he was going to let someone take it for 2021..."

Once again, I can see why some are on that end of the argument. I also know Cole sees it a different way as he went the respectful route and went to Kevin Windham before taking over the number. It’s Cole’s opinion, some will agree and some will disagree. Cole is of course closer to the situation then anyone.

|

9/26/2019 8:16 PM

Reserving a number for someone is bull. He is retired. He has no rights to that number.

|

9/26/2019 8:17 PM

ML512 wrote:

Once again, I can see why some are on that end of the argument. I also know Cole sees it a different way as he went the respectful route and went to Kevin Windham before taking over the number. It’s Cole’s opinion, some will agree and some will disagree. Cole is of course closer to the situation then anyone.

No offense to Cole but he ain't Kevin Windham.

|

9/26/2019 8:17 PM

SLAPAHO wrote:

Crafty Frenchman

|

9/26/2019 8:18 PM

Its gonna burn even more when Ferandis shows up in January with a big #1 on his bike

|

9/26/2019 8:22 PM

ML512 wrote:

Crush wrote:

ML512 wrote:

What’s there to agree or disagree about. Fact is Cole let the number go and the best got the number. You don’t have permission to hoard numbers for your buddies. Is it a nice story when Cole calls KW to take over 14, yes. But I still don’t see how anyone did anything “wrong”.

|

9/26/2019 8:24 PM

I swear some of you must have a moral clock that's right twice a day. . .

Sometimes it's alright to not be a dick and just help keep things kosher, if they had an agreement it's lame as hell to swoop in and screw the whole deal up.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

9/26/2019 8:32 PM

JM485 wrote:

I swear some of you must have a moral clock that's right twice a day. . .

Sometimes it's alright to not be a dick and just help keep things kosher, if they had an agreement it's lame as hell to swoop in and screw the whole deal up.

You can’t make a deal with someone who doesn’t have first dibs. How do you know Ferandis didn’t want 14? You honestly think Dylan took 14 just to spite his teammate??!

|

9/26/2019 8:34 PM

Imma punch someone in the mouth!

|

9/26/2019 8:35 PM

ML512 wrote:

Sure it was respectful, but the key difference being, when he asked Kevin, he was also entitled or (assumably) first in line to get it.

You effectively rent the number. You don't get a choice over who rents the car when your lease ends and you return it... and if you turn up to the yard and the cars are gone well you shoulda got there earlier. – or possibly not pissed off the guy who was in front of you in the line haha

|

Cheers, Crush