Justin Cooper - the next big name to dominate motocross?

alecohlaker
What are your thoughts? Is Justin Cooper going to be the next big name to dominate supercross and/or outdoors? Or will he have some difficult competition to battle with?

I caught up with Justin this past week to get some footage of his training and prep for the upcoming SX season. Let me know if you guys would like to see more of these raw, unplugged edits!

|
SKlein
10/14/2017 6:54pm
I'm excited to see what he can do next summer. He was awesome to watch in those final outdoors rounds.
alecohlaker
10/15/2017 6:21pm
SKlein wrote:
I'm excited to see what he can do next summer. He was awesome to watch in those final outdoors rounds.
Same! And was so hyped to see him score that 2nd place finish in Moto 2 at Unadilla!
10/15/2017 6:50pm
He's legit. He needs to put the pieces together but he's got the speed. We can work with speed.
visser62
10/15/2017 6:51pm
He could be really good. He has my favorite number next year, so I hope he puts it up front.

The Shop

10/15/2017 7:10pm
I can see him doing well. But I don’t see anyone “dominating” the 450 class. At least Like we saw with RC and JS
rutsmash
10/15/2017 9:45pm
What are your thoughts? Is Justin Cooper going to be the next big name to dominate supercross and/or outdoors? Or will he have some difficult competition...
What are your thoughts? Is Justin Cooper going to be the next big name to dominate supercross and/or outdoors? Or will he have some difficult competition to battle with?

I caught up with Justin this past week to get some footage of his training and prep for the upcoming SX season. Let me know if you guys would like to see more of these raw, unplugged edits!

You never know who will be a Dungey type rider that comes out of obscurity and shows them all what's up!
11/9/2017 10:03am
I would bet anything on this kid. I watched him grow up and rode with him A LOT when he was making his transition to big bikes. I have a $500.00 bet already that this kid will win a race (in his career) and I would not be surprised what so ever if you see him be consistently hovering around the box or just shy this season right out of the gate. I think he is going to at least get a second in his rookie year indoors and anyone who thinks other wise, clearly doesn't know him. I will be the first one to call him out if he is sucking or not riding like I think he can, but I don't see that ever happening. Jimmy D is the bench mark here. Don't get me wrong I love Jim and think he is a really good guy but he has throw it away a few times when he was in position to make something big happen. Now I will never say never, BUT I do NOT see Justin Cooper doing that. The kid is way to smart, focused and mentally strong. It's not that Jim D isn't, but Justin almost can't understand how big of a deal everything he is doing is. To him it's just some race just like every time he raced here at E-Town or Walden. While personally I think he will soon start to realize just how amazing all of this is, I can confidently say that in the moment, Justin will not crack under pressure. His personality is to mellow and laid back for that
11/9/2017 10:04am
As much footage as possible please! also some on boards would be great! Help making my first round fantasy picks would be much appreciated
11/9/2017 10:13am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 10:23am
It would be nice to see him succeed in the sport. Beyond the fact that he seems like a good kid and is fun to watch ride, it would be great for the sport for him to just knock some of the sheen off the youth training facility / homeschool racket.
JustMX
11/9/2017 11:12am
After 40+ years I find it difficult to get all hyped up about the next big thing.

Find it hard to "believe the hype" (you youngsters will miss the meaning of that quote.)

So many riders that just never really lived up to the expectations for whatever reasons.
A few that pop into my head
Myerscough
Stephenson
Ferry (even though he did win sx titles, he just never was a dominator)
Brian swink
Allesi (both of them)
Ezra Lusk (same as ferry)
Robbie Reynard (brutal speed, but fragile shoulders)
Cooper Webb (still potential if he can figure it out)
Even try canard

Not putting them down.

Just using them as examples of riders that were pegged as the next big thing but never really got to the summit.

Ours is a brutal sport, and getting worse.
It doesn't always matter how fast you ride or the ability and potential you have, but a bit of good luck.

nosredna297
11/9/2017 12:14pm
JustMX wrote:
After 40+ years I find it difficult to get all hyped up about the next big thing. Find it hard to "believe the hype" (you youngsters...
After 40+ years I find it difficult to get all hyped up about the next big thing.

Find it hard to "believe the hype" (you youngsters will miss the meaning of that quote.)

So many riders that just never really lived up to the expectations for whatever reasons.
Myerscough
Stephenson
Brian swink
Allesi (both of them)
Even try canard

Not putting them down.

Just using them as examples of riders that were pegged as the next big thing but never really got to the summit.

It doesn't always matter how fast you ride or the ability and potential you have, but a bit of good luck.

I really don’t understand how people can put Webb in a category like this just because he had a bad rookie year.
c0ncEpT
11/9/2017 12:39pm
Time will tell for sure.

The kid is fast but so are the top 10 other factory guys. He has to race Zach O, Alex Martin, Jeremy Martin, Savatgy, AC, Plessinger, Mcelrath, Ferrandis, Davalos, Justin Hill, Forkner, ect

All those guys have won Supercross races or are a threat to win at any time. The field is deep in the 250 class. Far deeper than the 450 class IMO.
zehn
11/9/2017 12:46pm
JustMX wrote:
After 40+ years I find it difficult to get all hyped up about the next big thing. Find it hard to "believe the hype" (you youngsters...

Myerscough
Stephenson
Brian swink
Allesi (both of them)
Even try canard

Not putting them down.

I really don’t understand how people can put Webb in a category like this just because he had a bad rookie year.
Because people needlessly hyped him up and he had a shitty year?

Post a reply to: Justin Cooper - the next big name to dominate motocross?

The Latest